The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Yeah, I didn’t think the hit or the subsequent “slam” was anything to take note of. Have seen it time and time again, and I’ve never heard it ever mentioned as a questionable hit.

Great young player? Absolutely. Though, this sets a precedent now that, that is honestly a clean hit, is now no longer allowed.

Again, I think the hit was perfectly fine but throwing him to the ice was where it crossed the line.  That was completely unnecessary and a dangerous thing to do, as evidenced by how Elias hit his head.  It also doesn't help that Pettersson undressed him earlier in the shift and the hit was the second time after that in which Matheson attempted to take a shot at Pettersson, which reflects intent or malice on Matheson's part.  If it was just the hit, no shove to the ice and move on, then it's just another hockey play. 

7 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Again, I think the hit was perfectly fine but throwing him to the ice was where it crossed the line.  That was completely unnecessary and a dangerous thing to do, as evidenced by how Elias hit his head.  It also doesn't help that Pettersson undressed him earlier in the shift and the hit was the second time after that in which Matheson attempted to take a shot at Pettersson, which reflects intent or malice on Matheson's part.  If it was just the hit, no shove to the ice and move on, then it's just another hockey play. 

Sorry, should have been more clear. The shove to the ice is part of the hit I was talking about. Happens a lot more than people realize. Have never, ever heard people talk about it before.

I’m ok with it. But I’m just one person.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Monty said:

Sorry, should have been more clear. The shove to the ice is part of the hit I was talking about. Happens a lot more than people realize. Have never, ever heard people talk about it before.

I’m ok with it. But I’m just one person.

Agreed, it happens with regularity and is rarely if ever talked about. What we have here is a city holding their collective Hope's in EP as the new star in the League, he didnt absorb the hit well and wasnt in a position to handle getting tossed aside.

As has been said before had Gudbranson crushed a young guy like that and tossed him aside CDC would be erupting with high fives and be saying " that's what hes paid for " and then complain after the subsequent penalty or hearing.

Boston Bruins report:

oh crap, our reporter is injured... 

four players injured...

Shattenkirk is lost in the ‘upside down’ (though we see this as a brief hiccup)

Niederreiter seems ok with third line time. 

Ugggh. Fun times. :picard:

Edited by greensman
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, greensman said:

Boston Bruins report:

oh crap, our reporter is injured... 

four players injured...

Shattenkirk is lost in the ‘upside down’ (though we see this as a brief hiccup)

Niederreiter seems ok with third line time. 

Ugggh. Fun times. :picard:

Yeah two of our key signings in Brown and Beagle out, key draft piece in Bratt out and Vas has barely played thanks to weird scheduling.

We weren't counting on a deep cup run but the progress we were hoping for sure seems to be getting 'whack-a-moled' at every turn....

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

well now i feel like a moron. I was not of the impression a player in the players assistance program could go on IR. :(

Initially I thought the same thing but after looking into it some more I realized he was considered to be on Florida’s Injuried Reserve. It was an unusual situation for sure.

Ottawa is happy to add Haley and we will ensure he gets the help he needs to tend to this matter. There is no timeline on his recovery and we will ensure he gets all the time he requires.

Pending the IR placement of Ryan Dzingel...

Call-up: The Washington Capitals call-up Jean-Sebastien Dea to the NHL club.

Team Notes: 

* Without Nylander in the lineup, veterans Silfverberg, E. Kane and Klingberg have fueled the Caps offense to another hot start.

* Peca with his first points of the year tonight as he tries to solidify himself into an NHL role. Copp, Kassian and rookie Tage Thompson all still remain scoreless as major competition for ice time ensues.

* DeMelo has been the most pleasant surprise on the back end thus far with 5 points and a +8 rating to start the season.

Updated Lineup:

E. Kane - Turris - Silfverberg 

Kreider - Koivu - Laine

Copp - Lowry - Kassian

Raffl - Peca - Dea

T. Thompson

Klingberg - Ellis

Yandle - DeMelo

Grzelcyk - Gudas

Djoos - J. Ryan 

Murray

DeSmith