The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 Utica Comets Thread

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I don’t agree, Utica went up early because they outworked and outskated Charlotte.  Three of Charlotte’s goals came not from their speed, they came on the long pass after their forwards were allowed to leak behind our D which was a circumstance that came about on one occasion by a negligent forward fill for a pinching D the others  Because of poor defensive positioning and awareness.  Chatfield was particularly prone to this.  Beyond that, the young D’s were poor at taking away the pass on two on one’s.

Watching the game live  - hands down Charlotte faster and more skilled top to bottom.  Leaking requires a solid pass.  On one shift Lind was all alone and the pass was behind him.  

5 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

I am going to the game today! Does anyone know the lineup? I am guessing Dahlen and Palmu back in, Lind and Gadjovich scratched?

Palmu, Gaunce, Jasek and Carcone were all out last night. Dahlen has played all games so far. Hamilton has not played ( injured ? )

1 minute ago, SingleThorn said:

Palmu, Gaunce, Jasek and Carcone were all out last night. Dahlen has played all games so far. Hamilton has not played ( injured ? )

Carcone hasn't played a single AHL game this year and he was sent to the AHL without playing a single NHL preseason game this year.

What's going on with him? Is he injured? Rehab? How does a guy with two years AHL experience not even get into an AHL game yet?

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

Carcone hasn't played a single AHL game this year and he was sent to the AHL without playing a single NHL preseason game this year.

What's going on with him? Is he injured? Rehab? How does a guy with two years AHL experience not even get into an AHL game yet?

I said before the season started that I don't see where Carcone fits in with this team and could end up in the ECHL.  He scores a few highlight reel goals each year so he looks good in a 2 minute game highlight video but the rest of the game does nothing to help the team.  He is a very selfish player that doesn't use his teammates well and is very weak defensively in his own end.  On top of that he took a cheap shot hit on Sautner during the Canucks training camp and the two had to be separated after.  If he thought that taking a run at someone in camp would impress his coaches and Canucks management he thought wrong because he was the first NHL contracted player to be cut.  I'm not a Carcone fan and thought he was a waste of a three year NHL contract right from the beginning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Quantum said:

depth

6 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Unless he is injured or being disciplined for something we do not know about; I would expect he will slot in for at least one of the next two games

If Carcone doesn't get into a game during a 3 in 3 weekend expect to see him sent to KZoo before next weekend.

• Upvote 1