The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau accused of groping young FEMALE reporter..

Hey everyone,

This is my first time logging on here probably since the 2011 playoff run but felt compelled to come back and post this after stumbling across it and seeing next to nothing in terms of main stream coverage. I don’t want to do this, but feel as if I have to since nobody else has. 

The biggest feminist in this country, Justin Trudeau, was accused by a small town B.C reporter of groping her inappropiatly then apologizing for it later saying something along the lines of “sorry, I wouldn’t have done it if I knew you were a reporter”. 

I encourage you to research it for yourself. The editor of the news outlet stands by her and says she’s credible but for some reason the women doesn’t want  to be identified and did not pursue any charges at the time, but he said that the reporter In question is thought to be the one who wrote the article about the incident and it could be seen as a cry for help. 

Here is is an article writen by a CBC journalist of all people, a brave women from Toronto named Robyn Urback. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4723664

There is more if you just google “Trudeau Creston grope” I’m baffled that it’s not more mainstream? Imagine if someone else were accused of it? There should not be a double standard here because he’s Trudeau, in fact there can’t be, he set the standards himself when he removed people of his parliament for similar accusations, without investigating or even telling them about the accusations. This cannot go unnoticed, every single day we are flooded with main stream anti trump media (flick your iPhone to the left if you don’t believe me) but what trudeau is being accused of is of Trump like proportions, why the double standard?

From what I understand Trudeau himself says women should be believed without question, and that those same standards apply to himself but when asked about this he conviently doesn’t remember anything negative about that day. 

I should be the last person who feels the need to shed light to this kind of stuff but the direction this country appears to be heading I wouldn’t trust anyone to do anything to fight for it before it’s too late. Or is a economic entity run by hypocrites even worth fighting for ? 

23 minutes ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

Hey everyone,

This is my first time logging on here probably since the 2011 playoff run but felt compelled to come back and post this after stumbling across it and seeing next to nothing in terms of main stream coverage. I don’t want to do this, but feel as if I have to since nobody else has. 

The biggest feminist in this country, Justin Trudeau, was accused by a small town B.C reporter of groping her inappropiatly then apologizing for it later saying something along the lines of “sorry, I wouldn’t have done it if I knew you were a reporter”. 

I encourage you to research it for yourself. The editor of the news outlet stands by her and says she’s credible but for some reason the women doesn’t want  to be identified and did not pursue any charges at the time, but he said that the reporter In question is thought to be the one who wrote the article about the incident and it could be seen as a cry for help. 

Here is is an article writen by a CBC journalist of all people, a brave women from Toronto named Robyn Urback. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4723664

There is more if you just google “Trudeau Creston grope” I’m baffled that it’s not more mainstream? Imagine if someone else were accused of it? There should not be a double standard here because he’s Trudeau, in fact there can’t be, he set the standards himself when he removed people of his parliament for similar accusations, without investigating or even telling them about the accusations. This cannot go unnoticed, every single day we are flooded with main stream anti trump media (flick your iPhone to the left if you don’t believe me) but what trudeau is being accused of is of Trump like proportions, why the double standard?

From what I understand Trudeau himself says women should be believed without question, and that those same standards apply to himself but when asked about this he conviently doesn’t remember anything negative about that day. 

I should be the last person who feels the need to shed light to this kind of stuff but the direction this country appears to be heading I wouldn’t trust anyone to do anything to fight for it before it’s too late. Or is a economic entity run by hypocrites even worth fighting for ? 

5b3a71e38bd06_ScreenShot2018-07-02at11_41_18AM.png.d630a5eaf813aa30b6263900ae910874.png

I'd say the story is picking up steam and it's getting plenty of mainstream coverage now. On the first page alone, there's articles about it from Globe and Mail, CBC, BBC, Washington Post, Global News, Huffington Post, Buzzfeed and National Post. Notice how liberal some of those sources are?

Interestingly enough, I flicked left on my phone this morning and the story was there too. 

2 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

It's not more mainstream cause the media is controlled by liberals who only believe survivors that accuse people that don't subscribe to their political beliefs

You know an easy Google search will demonstrate what you said is false, right? 

Ya so...from the media outlet the reporter and the colleagues involved.  Just because you're not keeping on top of this doesn't mean others aren't.  Just because you have an obvious bias in this doesn't mean neutral parties do as well

From the media outlet and the reporter herself RE: the groping

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-grope-allegation-1.4730674

An unsigned editorial appeared in the Creston Valley Advance after the event accusing Trudeau of "groping" and "inappropriately handling" a young female reporter while she was on assignment. It suggests the woman felt "blatantly disrespected" but provides no other details about what occurre

Earlier this year, CBC News spoke by phone and emailed with the woman who was the subject of the editorial. She said she was not interested in being associated with any further coverage of the story. She also asked that her name not be used and that she not be contacted about the story again.

A former co-worker remembers the reporter's account of the encounter. Valerie Bourne was the publisher of the Creston Valley Advance at the time and says the reporter was "distressed" by her contact with Trudeau.

"My recollections of the conversation were that she came to me because she was unsettled by it. She didn't like what had happened. She wasn't sure how she should proceed with it because of course we're talking somebody who was known to the Canadian community."

There's no question in my mind that what was alluded to, written about in that editorial, did happen.- Brian Bell, Creston Valley Advance editor

Bourne told CBC News that the reporter was interviewing Trudeau when he touched her. "It was a brief touch," said Bourne.

"I would not classify it or qualify it as sexual assault."

The paper's editor at the time, Brian Bell, also spoke to CBC News.

"I don't recall that the reporter was coming across as having been traumatized or distraught about it, but definitely that, whatever physical touch or whatever had occurred in that moment was definitely not welcome and definitely inappropriate.

"I certainly believe that it happened, this reporter was of a high character in my opinion and was professional in the way she conducted herself and there's no question in my mind that what was alluded to, written about in that editorial, did happen."

Bourne believes the editorial was written by the reporter herself. Both Bourne and Bell say they did not write the editorial and that it must have been one of the two reporters on staff. The second reporter, Paul Frey, told The National Post that he didn't know anything about it.

9 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

It's not more mainstream cause the media is controlled by liberals who only believe survivors that accuse people that don't subscribe to their political beliefs

To much tinfoil, not enough hat bud

3 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

You know an easy Google search will demonstrate what you said is false, right? 

So in your opinion do these kind of events involving leftist figures garner as much attention as anything Trump does? I can only speak for myself but, besides this event taking place 18 years ago and never really being brought up, when it was brought up on June 8th or whatever,  it took me until July 1st to stumble on any articles even when I’ve been balls deep in politics lately. Weird. I guess I just don’t know how to navigate my news very well. 

5 minutes ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

So in your opinion do these kind of events involving leftist figures garner as much attention as anything Trump does? I can only speak for myself but, besides this event taking place 18 years ago and never really being brought up, when it was brought up on June 8th or whatever,  it took me until July 1st to stumble on any articles even when I’ve been balls deep in politics lately. Weird. I guess I just don’t know how to navigate my news very well. 

I've seen it on my phones news feed probably a dozen times this month. I have no idea how you could say it's been pushed under the rug.

3 minutes ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

besides this event taking place 18 years ago

different times

dude was 28

no real details 

woman has no desire to bring this up now, wonder who did have a desire to bring it up?

4 minutes ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

Your champion in Breitbart and The Rebel posted about this at the start of June.

http://www.rabble.ca/babble/national-news/justin-trudeau-gropes-reporter-2000-editorial-accuses

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/06/07/justin-trudeau-grope-reporter-2000/

You're balls deep in politics and you missed all of that.  I am not sure if that suggests that you weren't paying attention or that you're....a lot more shallow than you want to admit in the depth or length department

9 minutes ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

Not usually but Trump is an unstable adult-baby of a president so of course he gets the most media attention; particularly when his policies are going to be impacting Canada. 

Quite a few liberal figures have had their careers killed dead by these kinds of accusations. Generally speaking, most of these incidents (for both liberals and conservatives) took place years ago and then come to light much later. So I'm not sure what your point is besides really wanting to assert there is a liberal bias in the media (despite your own post proving there isn't in this case). 

9 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

That's rich coming from you

I'm just some elitist leftist eco nut that engages in ensuring that any and all negative stories regarding anyone left of centre is swept under the rug by the global scheme to manipulate the masses via manipulated media coverage

What do I know right

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ya so...from the media outlet the reporter and the colleagues involved.  Just because you're not keeping on top of this doesn't mean others aren't.  Just because you have an obvious bias in this doesn't mean neutral parties do as well

From the media outlet and the reporter herself RE: the groping

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-grope-allegation-1.4730674

An unsigned editorial appeared in the Creston Valley Advance after the event accusing Trudeau of "groping" and "inappropriately handling" a young female reporter while she was on assignment. It suggests the woman felt "blatantly disrespected" but provides no other details about what occurre

Earlier this year, CBC News spoke by phone and emailed with the woman who was the subject of the editorial. She said she was not interested in being associated with any further coverage of the story. She also asked that her name not be used and that she not be contacted about the story again.

A former co-worker remembers the reporter's account of the encounter. Valerie Bourne was the publisher of the Creston Valley Advance at the time and says the reporter was "distressed" by her contact with Trudeau.

"My recollections of the conversation were that she came to me because she was unsettled by it. She didn't like what had happened. She wasn't sure how she should proceed with it because of course we're talking somebody who was known to the Canadian community."

There's no question in my mind that what was alluded to, written about in that editorial, did happen.- Brian Bell, Creston Valley Advance editor

Bourne told CBC News that the reporter was interviewing Trudeau when he touched her. "It was a brief touch," said Bourne.

"I would not classify it or qualify it as sexual assault."

The paper's editor at the time, Brian Bell, also spoke to CBC News.

"I don't recall that the reporter was coming across as having been traumatized or distraught about it, but definitely that, whatever physical touch or whatever had occurred in that moment was definitely not welcome and definitely inappropriate.

"I certainly believe that it happened, this reporter was of a high character in my opinion and was professional in the way she conducted herself and there's no question in my mind that what was alluded to, written about in that editorial, did happen."

Bourne believes the editorial was written by the reporter herself. Both Bourne and Bell say they did not write the editorial and that it must have been one of the two reporters on staff. The second reporter, Paul Frey, told The National Post that he didn't know anything about it.

You’re right, I don’t like Trudeau. So your logic is because I’m biased against him it’s harder for me to find negative articles about him? It felt like I was lucky to stumble across the article, and this issue is under reported, that’s my opinion. Who are these neutral parties you’re referring to, CBC? 

1 minute ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

You’re right, I don’t like Trudeau. So your logic is because I’m biased against him it’s harder for me to find negative articles about him? It felt like I was lucky to stumble across the article, and this issue is under reported, that’s my opinion. Who are these neutral parties you’re referring to, CBC? 

Not at all. What you're doing is claiming he's liberal so the media is suppressing the story to protect him. You then directed us to Google "Trudeau Creston grope" to show how little coverage of the story there is. Unfortunately for your argument (and I even posted a picture for you) it turns out there's a whole lot of coverage from media sources across the political spectrum talking about this right now. 

5 minutes ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

Actually no, by my logic and your statement about being *ahem deep* in politics lately, you're not as deep as you like to think you are ;)

Also, if a person with even middling intelligence simply googled Trudeau Gropes Woman

They'd find a literal world of information from very conceivable source.  it's remarkable, like...if you search something and you WANT to see the answers it will pop up in the little screen thing you're looking at

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Your champion in Breitbart and The Rebel posted about this at the start of June.

http://www.rabble.ca/babble/national-news/justin-trudeau-gropes-reporter-2000-editorial-accuses

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/06/07/justin-trudeau-grope-reporter-2000/

You're balls deep in politics and you missed all of that.  I am not sure if that suggests that you weren't paying attention or that you're....a lot more shallow than you want to admit in the depth or length department

I could be wrong but isn’t rebel media the one everyone accuses of being the alt right nazis? 

So you’re linking me presumed alt right Nazi media and not the main stream news where most people get their news from, why? 

Are you you trying to insinuate that I’m a Nazi? 

1 minute ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

I could be wrong but isn’t rebel media the one everyone accuses of being the alt right nazis? 

So you’re linking me presumed alt right Nazi media and not the main stream news where most people get their news from, why? 

Are you you trying to insinuate that I’m a Nazi? 

LMAO

:lol:

Man are you delicate.  

You make of it what you want, I only linked you two articles from back at the start of June that say you're not nearly as...deep as you pretend.  If you want to pretend I called you something or insinuated something, go to your safe room and count to 10

Archived