The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau accused of groping young FEMALE reporter..

44 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That could work. 

He has been wanting to get together for beers at the mug but I think with our opposing views on religion and politics alcohol may be a terrible idea.

what could ever go wrong with those topics ?   ;)

20 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

We don't even know if the contact was sexual in nature. For all we know the inappropriate touching was him pushing her out of his way. Him being disrespectful might just have been him being rude.

Good point. He does have a history of this.

32 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ya I agree. Canadians are uniting against the US and that certainly helps JT and the Liberals. I was mentioning this to @Jimmy McGill a week back or so.

If he actually starts looking at keeping his promise in word or in practice about changing the voting system it only solidifies or consolidates his base.

I think I brought that up before.  Pot and voting changes were his biggest platforms he won one, only needs to look like he is serious about the other, within say 4 months of the election and he wins

6 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ya I agree. Canadians are uniting against the US and that certainly helps JT and the Liberals. I was mentioning this to @Jimmy McGill a week back or so.

Funnily enough, Harper, whom I loathed for his preference for playing politics instead of listening to research, impressed me quite a bit for his spot on Fox and Friends.... its like any CDN politician, when held up against the US, looks like a potential savior. 

There was a story in the paper about this incident shortly after it was alleged to have happened. (The encounter was alleged to have happened on Aug 4, 2000. This editorial about the incident is from Aug 14, 2000) Of course this doesn't mean the allegations are true, but it certainly undercuts the notion that Trudeau doesn't remember them.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/justin-trudeaus-reported-kokanee-grope-matters-but-not-for-the-obvious-reason/

Why Justin Trudeau’s reported ‘Kokanee Grope’ really matters

Anne Kingston: The prime minister’s woefully inadequate response ‘detonates his credibility as an authority on sexual assault’

It matters not only because touching someone without consent is bad, disrespectful and potentially criminal behaviour. It warrants attention because Trudeau’s woefully inadequate 2018 response detonates his credibility as an authority on sexual assault sensitivity and awareness, and raises questions about his perceived privilege.

Trudeau’s image in the mass media over the years has been “dreamboat,” not “creep.” After #MeToo exploded, however, it was open season on past behaviour. And no one was leading that rallying cry more than Canada’s self-declared feminist PM who’d declared a zero-tolerance policy for sexual harassment, assault and misbehaviour.

...any admission on the Prime Minister’s part would subject him to the high standards of behaviour he demands from others. The fact he refuses to make himself accountable to those very standards is why the “Kokanee Grope” matters.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/trudeau-zero-tolerance-1.4723664

Trudeau has boxed himself in with his own zero-tolerance policy on sexual misconduct: Robyn Urback

In the current climate, denying the claim is akin to saying, "She's lying," which is a taboo phrase for the leader of a government that has made believing women central to its approach to sexual misconduct allegations. 

If the allegation is true, on the other hand, Trudeau can't simply explain, apologize and attempt to move on. It would look like he afforded himself leniency that he'd denied to members of his caucus who were accused of misconduct.

So the prime minister is stuck: he can't confirm or deny. As a result, his office opted for the most unsatisfactory of all possible responses, telling the National Post that Trudeau does not recall any "negative interactions" in Creston during that time. In other words, Canada's highest-profile women's rights advocate has been stricken by a convenient bout of amnesia. 

Trudeau has essentially boxed himself in with his own zero-tolerance policy. He has made clear, over and over again, that there is no time limit on defending women's rights or for standing up for what is right. This is the climate that Trudeau helped create. He can't forget that now.

http://www.flare.com/news/justin-trudeau-metoo/

“I’ve Been Very, Very Careful All My Life:” Trudeau Talks Sexual Misconduct and #MeToo

"Amid a spate of resignations by Canadian politicians prompted by allegations of sexual harassment and assault, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau spoke to the CBC about his zero-tolerance approach to sexual misconduct.

When asked by the reporter, “As you look back into your own career, is there a chance at some point that your actions might not have been construed the way they were intended?” Trudeau responded:

“I don’t think so. I’ve been very, very careful all my life to be thoughtful, to be respectful of people’s space and people’s headspace as well.”

Despite this statement of confidence in his own actions, Trudeau said he is subject to the same zero-tolerance policy he applies to everyone else.

“The standard applies to everyone,” he said. “There is no context in which someone doesn’t have responsibility for things they’ve done in the past. This is something that I’m not new to. I’ve been working on issues around sexual assault for over 25 years. My first activism and engagement was at the sexual assault centre at McGill students’ society where I was one of the first male facilitators in their outreach program leading conversations—sometimes very difficult ones—on the issues of consent, communications, accountability, power dynamics.” The CBC interview will air on Saturday."

12 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

5b3a71e38bd06_ScreenShot2018-07-02at11_41_18AM.png.d630a5eaf813aa30b6263900ae910874.png

I'd say the story is picking up steam and it's getting plenty of mainstream coverage now. On the first page alone, there's articles about it from Globe and Mail, CBC, BBC, Washington Post, Global News, Huffington Post, Buzzfeed and National Post. Notice how liberal some of those sources are?

Interestingly enough, I flicked left on my phone this morning and the story was there too. 

That's what biased media does.  They make it almost impossible to find on their website unless you specifically search for it.  That way it looks as though they're a fair and balanced news outlet and should be trusted.

But you're right that it FINALLY seems to be getting a bit more attention.

Thing is nobody has said the alleged grope or grab was sexual in nature, thus he does not lose credibility regarding believing the victims of sexual assault. Could have been nothing more than a push or pull out of the way.

Till the lady speaks it is all conjecture.

26 minutes ago, GM said:

That's what biased media does.  They make it almost impossible to find on their website unless you specifically search for it.  That way it looks as though they're a fair and balanced news outlet and should be trusted.

But you're right that it FINALLY seems to be getting a bit more attention.

Huh, if you go to CBC.ca right now, it’s the third story on their home page. 

The media just isn’t putting the same gusto into surpressing things these days I guess? 

793C45E1-7BC8-4903-BE45-C666694F13BB.png

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Thing is nobody has said the alleged grope or grab was sexual in nature, thus he does not lose credibility regarding believing the victims of sexual assault. Could have been nothing more than a push or pull out of the way.

Till the lady speaks it is all conjecture.

So far the OP's only argument seems to be that he read "somewhere" that the article was written by the same reporter. 

Archived