The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau accused of groping young FEMALE reporter..

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

She didn't write a story about it then or now though. She mentioned it to a coworker when it happened.

From what I read she was the journalist who published the article. The editor said there was only 1 of 2 people that could of wrote it and that the other reporter didn’t know anything about it. The editor is also probably the one who is making an issue out of this again, and he claimed he believed something really did happen and that the girl in question has merit and is trustworthy. 

So she publishes an article about this incident then didn’t want to talk about it after? Paid off or to scared to talk about a famous name / public figure (now pm), IMO. Both woman, the reporter and Justin need to address what happened, 

9 minutes ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

From what I read she was the journalist who published the article. The editor said there was only 1 of 2 people that could of wrote it and that the other reporter didn’t know anything about it. The editor is also probably the one who is making an issue out of this again, and he claimed he believed something really did happen and that the girl in question has merit and is trustworthy. 

So she publishes an article about this incident then didn’t want to talk about it after? Paid off or to scared to talk about a famous name / public figure (now pm), IMO. Both woman, the reporter and Justin need to address what happened, 

No she doesn't. While Trudeau should certainly explain himself, If she doesn't want to talk about it anymore, that's her prerogative. 

2 minutes ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

Now this is interesting. She clearly has the right to talk about it or not talk about it. If JT discusses it the story may never go away.

2 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Interestingly enough, I flicked left on my phone this morning and the story was there too. 

why do the conservative guys always say there's no coverage when there's literally coverage everywhere on an issue? :lol:

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Now this is interesting. She clearly has the right to talk about it or not talk about it. If JT discusses it the story may never go away.

Its good that he didn't dodge the question tho. It only became a story again when the Trump camp brought it up before the G7 and of course the Rebel media types are like a beagle on a hamburger with it. 

From the account of her co-worker, it doesn't sound like anything sinister, in her own words its not assault of any kind just awkward or inappropriate. Its not great, but not a big deal either. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

Its good that he didn't dodge the question tho. It only became a story again when the Trump camp brought it up before the G7 and of course the Rebel media types are like a beagle on a hamburger with it. 

From the account of her co-worker, it doesn't sound like anything sinister, in her own words its not assault of any kind just awkward or inappropriate. Its not great, but not a big deal either. 

This is my understanding as well. So like I said a year from an election there is far more important issues to battle him on imo.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

If she’s the journalist who wrote the article then she already has talked about it, and in a time when it was harder for women to do so, especially with rich and good looking public figures (look at hollywood) . If the editor decided to publish what she said and went on record saying he believed something happened and that she is credible, is that not a warning sign? 

Trudeae says time is not a factor in the 

Justice of women, meaning 18 years ago or yesterday, it doesn’t matter. The biggest feminist in the country cant be held unaccountable for his actions of firing people accused of similar actions while not addressing his own. 

It doesn’t matter to me at this point when he’s gone, I’d say by the looks of it hes already done, but he needs to person up and step down as PM if he’s going to be a person of his word. 

1 minute ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

It doesn’t matter to me at this point when he’s gone, I’d say by the looks of it hes already done, but he needs to person up and step down as PM if he’s going to be a person of his word. 

Lmao at person up. :lol:

As for stepping down as PM sure I wish he would but that will never happen. Actually the Liberals would likely do better with out him, they likely pick a good leader like Christia Freeland or Andrew Leslie.

9 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Seems pretty sketchy to me. There are plenty of reasons to despise the Soy Boy, but I wouldn't say this qualifies quite yet.

Like with any of these accusations, I'm going to need to see some actual proof, otherwise it's all baseless nothing.

soy boy :lol:?

29 minutes ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

If she’s the journalist who wrote the article then she already has talked about it, and in a time when it was harder for women to do so, especially with rich and good looking public figures (look at hollywood) . If the editor decided to publish what she said and went on record saying he believed something happened and that she is credible, is that not a warning sign? 

Trudeae says time is not a factor in the 

Justice of women, meaning 18 years ago or yesterday, it doesn’t matter. The biggest feminist in the country cant be held unaccountable for his actions of firing people accused of similar actions while not addressing his own. 

We don't even know if the contact was sexual in nature. For all we know the inappropriate touching was him pushing her out of his way. Him being disrespectful might just have been him being rude.

51 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Just over a year away from an election the opposition needs to bring up the massive debt and defecit, lying about last past the post, an environment policy that won't meet agreed targets, carbon tx, etc.

This story won't do any good for the opposition imo.

Unless more comes out of course.

They've plenty they can attack him on without resorting to decades old nothings.

But the pot thing and being tough against Trump are looking like huge wins for him right now

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

They've plenty they can attack him on without resorting to decades old nothings.

But the pot thing and being tough against Trump are looking like huge wins for him right now

Ya I agree. Canadians are uniting against the US and that certainly helps JT and the Liberals. I was mentioning this to @Jimmy McGill a week back or so.

Archived