The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau accused of groping young FEMALE reporter..

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

To be fair I haven't seen this story anywhere but I haven't been watching the news lately. I seen it when Zepp posted it in another thread. To me it's a non story and I don't support Trudeau. That being said if this was Scheer, Harper or Ford it would be non stop coverage.

Sure it's hypocritical of JT but he was what in his mid 20s? Good god when I was in my mid 20s, ah nevermind.:lol:

You grabbed girls and then apologized after they made newspaper articles about it ? He was 28, btw. 

I agree it would have maybe been a non story before Trudeau, but how can you remove people from your cabinet on the same grounds and not hold yourself to the same standard, which he said he would. 

1 minute ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

You grabbed girls and then apologized after they made newspaper articles about it ? He was 28, btw. 

I agree it would have maybe been a non story before Trudeau, but how can you remove people from your cabinet on the same grounds and not hold yourself to the same standard, which he said he would. 

Oh my bad I thought he apologized at the time he did it.

I will have to familiarize myself with the story.

Btw what do you mean by grabbed? 

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

To be fair I haven't seen this story anywhere but I haven't been watching the news lately. I seen it when Zepp posted it in another thread. To me it's a non story and I don't support Trudeau. That being said if this was Scheer, Harper or Ford it would be non stop coverage.

Sure it's hypocritical of JT but he was what in his mid 20s? Good god when I was in my mid 20s, ah nevermind.:lol:

Nooo...tell us

Come on man.  What about in your 20's :)

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No one except the alleged victim knows what happens. She hasn't gone on record saying what happened other than there was physical contact that she felt uncomfortable with. It could be anything from a boob grab to JT putting his hand on her shoulder while walking past. Who knows. The alleged victim has said she doesn't want to share her story, doesn't feel like its an issue, and wants to move on. The media has covered it plenty. People bitching about this are just looking for an ad hominem attack to leverage their position in arguing against JT and his policies. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lol you live in Penticton you know how wild summer nights on Okanagan and Skaha beach can get.

Well...I have a story or 13 to tell

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Are the opposition parties bringing this up?

Yes, they did.  In a huge way.  It was quite the story for about a full week to start June, until the "victim" and the colleagues she worked with came out and said it was essentially a non story and that she didn't want to be bothered by or about it.  After all was said and done it turns out it was overblown and not nearly as bad as the headlines made it out to be.  Still gross if true but apparently way more hyped up than was factual

Grope / grab . She said grope. I mean she knew who he was even though he wasn’t pm at the time, so the fact she was willing to write a newspaper article about it before PC times Is kind of telling about how he made her feel though, isn’t it? Regardless of what he actually did to her. 

1 minute ago, Fateless said:

No one except the alleged victim knows what happens. She hasn't gone on record saying what happened other than there was physical contact that she felt uncomfortable with. It could be anything from a boob grab to JT putting his hand on her shoulder while walking past. Who knows. The alleged victim has said she doesn't want to share her story, doesn't feel like its an issue, and wants to move on. The media has covered it plenty. People bitching about this are just looking for an ad hominem attack to leverage their position in arguing against JT and his policies. 

Again I don't support JT but it's an18 years old incident from an entitled rich young guy. If she feels it's a non issue it likely is.

For those of us that oppose Trudeau there is plenty of things for us to work with this hardly seems like an issue to tackle, at least imo.

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm honestly not sure what Trudeau is accused of doing as the stories that are coming out now are using the term "grope" but  the original story mentions they wouldn't classify it as sexual assault?

1 minute ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

Grope / grab . She said grope. I mean she knew who he was even though he wasn’t pm at the time, so the fact she was willing to write a newspaper article about it before PC times Is kind of telling about how he made her feel though, isn’t it? Regardless of what he actually did to her. 

But if she has no interest in the story it kind of seems like it will just fade away. I would like to hear a female opinion on this matter. Again I don't support JT but I think there more serious issues to tackle him on.

Again I don't support JT but it's an18 years old incident from an entitled rich young guy. If she feels it's a non issue it likely is.

For those of us that oppose Trudeau there is plenty of things for us to work with this hardly seems like an issue to tackle, at least imo.

Yup. I mean quite frankly, if she had come out with more details and whatnot, I wouldn't have an issue with people using it as a weapon against him (I'd support it just like I support people using Trump's history against him). The problem here is that the alleged victim hasn't share details, doesn't want to share details, and has said she wants to be left alone. So making up a story where there isn't one is the definition of "fake news". 

If a JT critic wants to bash on JT for his policies, have at it. There's plenty to agree/disagree over. But don't get caught up on stuff like this. Makes a JT critics legitimate arguments weaker when they mix those arguments with stupid attacks like this.

4 minutes ago, Fateless said:

So it’s ok for him to remove people from their job on the same grounds and say 0 tolerance, women must be believed, and that the same PRECEDENT would apply to him? 

So so he’s a hypocritical liar then and not a true feminist, because this women made a newspaper article about it..., why would she do that? She probably got paid off or is to scared to come out about it. Nevertheless, he’s done what he’s fine and has to be accountable now. One way or the other. 

5 minutes ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

She didn't write a story about it then or now though. She mentioned it to a coworker when it happened.

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'm honestly not sure what Trudeau is accused of doing as the stories that are coming out now are using the term "grope" but  the original story mentions they wouldn't classify it as sexual assault?

Not trying to downplay this if Infact there is more to it but sounds like a young rich famous guy may have put his arm around her thinkig he could just do whatever he wanted. I think if she has no interest in this it's likely because it was nothing serious. Keep in mind I'm not defending this behaviour at all.

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

She didn't write a story about it then or now though. She mentioned it to a coworker when it happened.

I believe she wrote about it and it went unsigned and was then published as a factual account.  Either way, looking more and more like poor judgement but a non issue

4 minutes ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

So it’s ok for him to remove people from their job on the same grounds and say 0 tolerance, women must be believed, and that the same PRECEDENT would apply to him? 

So so he’s a hypocritical liar then and not a true feminist, because this women made a newspaper article about it..., why would she do that? She probably got paid off or is to scared to come out about it. Nevertheless, he’s done what he’s fine and has to be accountable now. One way or the other. 

Well I agree with this part. But most all our PM's are.

5 minutes ago, RottenCanuck22 said:

Has Trudeau removed anyone from his cabinet for anything they allegedly  did 18 years ago, if so then he would be a hypocrite.

If not  then he isn't.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

I believe she wrote about it and it went unsigned and was then published as a factual account.  Either way, looking more and more like poor judgement but a non issue

Just over a year away from an election the opposition needs to bring up the massive debt and defecit, lying about last past the post, an environment policy that won't meet agreed targets, carbon tx, etc.

This story won't do any good for the opposition imo.

Unless more comes out of course.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ah, I was mixed up on that part. My mistake. 

@RottenCanuck22 See? That's how it's done rather than digging yourself in deeper.

Archived