Lol really....

"LOL"!

At least you have a good time here!

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

you win your very own Internet!

CDC's most prolific LOLer. 

Who can argue/discuss with that! "lel".

LOL can't even quote the whole thing and need to edit and hide the rest :lol:

Yeah maybe you should change your personality and be a little more cheerful sometimes, instead of a grump who likes to ridicule people if he doesn't agree with them all the time.

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

LOL can't even quote the whole thing

I quoted the part with the most substance LOL.

But you're right - the next time I'm looking for a good way to respond to posters I don't agree with, I'll look to your stellar examplez!

"LOL."

4 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Do you think that QH is better at defending than TS?

edit

Does anyone imagine a future where QH is a regular on the PK?

Its the difference in value, if a player produces huge offensive upside his defensive misgivings are less an issue.

Stecher is not producing at the offensive side and thus his defensive issues are not over looked.

Its the Sedin syndrome. As long as you can put up 100 points your bad back checking is acceptable.. One you become just another 50 point player everyone will point out your plus minus and your lack of strength in your own zone.

I dont see Stecher being our best PK defense man ever but i would like to see him with better numbers up front or else he gets lumped in with the Huttons and Pouliots of this team.

Just for the record I like Stecher I would like to see the kid improve. He just has to have a better season this year like a lot of other players.

33 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

Its the difference in value, if a player produces huge offensive upside his defensive misgivings are less an issue.

Stecher is not producing at the offensive side and thus his defensive issues are not over looked.

Its the Sedin syndrome. As long as you can put up 100 points your bad back checking is acceptable.. One you become just another 50 point player everyone will point out your plus minus and your lack of strength in your own zone.

I dont see Stecher being our best PK defense man ever but i would like to see him with better numbers up front or else he gets lumped in with the Huttons and Pouliots of this team.

Just for the record I like Stecher I would like to see the kid improve. He just has to have a better season this year like a lot of other players.

Pretty much agree.

I wasn’t hoping for QH at the draft and I don’t know his D game enough to do anything more than parrot some website, not that it stops most from doing just that in here.

Why I asked you was because there’s really not a lot of Dmen in the system who will be considered core and the team needs star players, but star Dmen, not one-trick ponies or gimmicks. TS has the desire, most nights, but he isn’t much to get excited about anymore, nor is Pouliot, especially not Hutton. It’s going to be another painful year of watching this Dcore get hurt, play smurfs in bigger roles and  watch them get run into the boards. 

I have concerns with QH’s size and what I’ve read about his D game, but I’m excited to see if he can be the fast, skilled D that we’ve never had here. Good luck to him. 

If he becomes an offensive dynamo, then like you say, all will be forgiven if he can’t play D as well as we’d like. I’m happy he’s gone back to play where he should this season. 

The quality of the D in the pool increased greatly this June, but we know ~ 80% of all prospects fail to become impact players. I’m not ready to pencil anyone into the lineup from the pool just yet. 

One more year of the accidental Tank - Linden era would have been my preference, but I hope they can still select a few more stud D next draft. 

Looking forward to the WJHC and to see if Dobson continues to receive praise from his coaches and others, never mind watching our guys and Boqvist and Bouchard as well. Do you think your guy, Bouchard, will make the NHL this fall? It’s say he’s damn close, if he can skate. 

8 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

I totally agree that every player we are concerned about should get the chance to either prove or disprove their worth to the team before they get shipped out to Utica or on waivers.We all know Boeser, Horvat are going to make this team.Let the others show what they can do before sending them down or out. Which i think they will do.

Boucher is not iun the same category as the others listed here. he already has had two seasons to show his worth. IMHO he is an AHL player.

Biega may be the 6th best player on the list but he shouldn't be if the team wants to be successful

Like last year, no way Boucher makes the roster, and hopefully he is not ever a call-up either, as there are enough younger prospects now that should be better.  And if Biega is still on the opening night roster, save for many injuries, it means:

1. Pouliot and Hutton are done here

2. Juolevi needs more development or is still recovering from surgery

3. Sautner, McEneny, and Brisebois didn't show well at all in pre-season

We don't necessarily want a young player in that 7th (part-time) D spot, but at some point we have to move forward.  Send the Bulldog back to Utica to lead and mentor the kids there.

11 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Like last year, no way Boucher makes the roster, and hopefully he is not ever a call-up either, as there are enough younger prospects now that should be better.  And if Biega is still on the opening night roster, save for many injuries, it means:

1. Pouliot and Hutton are done here

2. Juolevi needs more development or is still recovering from surgery

3. Sautner, McEneny, and Brisebois didn't show well at all in pre-season

We don't necessarily want a young player in that 7th (part-time) D spot, but at some point we have to move forward.  Send the Bulldog back to Utica to lead and mentor the kids there.

we haven't had pre season yet. 

Archived