The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Biega & Dano

86Viking

Just now, RetroCanuck said:

Considering Beagle looks like hes going to be out and Pettersson also looking like he may need some time Id definitely be taking a chance on Dano. Still young, high draft pick, decent size.

I would pick him up rather than already bring up Gaudette. But like I said before AquaMan may want to see Gagner back up here....hope not

Also we had 2 healthy scratched F anyway. So they could slot Granny to C then its 1 other guy needed to play C, Motte is listed as a C on hockeydb, but think he is just a W

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Dano isn't an NHL center.  

Pass.

didnt think so, thought he was a W in Winterpeg. Rather see him given a shot vs gaunce or Gagner tho. I think its better to keep Gaudette in Utica to keep working on his game

11 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

didnt think so, thought he was a W in Winterpeg. Rather see him given a shot vs gaunce or Gagner tho. I think its better to keep Gaudette in Utica to keep working on his game

I'm not arguing for or against Dano - just that folks here and elsewhere that want to play him at center - he's won about a handful of faceoffs in the last few years.

He might be a reasonable winger addition under the circumstances - but this is the first time in quite some time that the team has youth depth from within to lean on, so I'm not sure they'll seriously consider Dano - although one argument in favour may be the camp that some young guys had.  Another factor is that he's had a difficult lineup to crack in Winnipeg.

Schaller and Granlund can both play center.

Leipsic and Motte back in the lIneup.

Recall Gaunce or Archie - or try Dano as  a 13th?

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

I'm not arguing for or against Dano - just that folks here and elsewhere that want to play him at center - he's won about a handful of faceoffs in the last few years.

He might be a reasonable winger addition under the circumstances - but this is the first time in quite some time that the team has youth depth from within to lean on, so I'm not sure they'll seriously consider Dano - although one argument in favour may be the camp that some young guys had.  Another factor is that he's had a difficult lineup to crack in Winnipeg.

Schaller and Granlund can both play center.

Leipsic and Motte back in the lIneup.

Recall Gaunce or Archie - or try Dano as  a 13th?

Looks like he was up to 50% last year but I agree, there are other guys here who can play and Beagle is not out for the season, he will be back so we can lice without Dano.

2 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Looks like he was up to 50% last year but I agree, there are other guys here who can play and Beagle is not out for the season, he will be back so we can lice without Dano.

While I agree with what you are saying I think we have enough plug/fringe NHL F in the bottom 6 now in Leipsic, Granny, Motte. Think we have seen about all they can do at the NHL level now. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to see what someone like Dano could do.

But dont see us making a claim with the Gaudette call up. I would be surprised if he clears though

Archived