The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks @ Nucks 7pm Feb 25 2019 - TDL Edition

therodigy

The Tanev rumor. Toronto has no first round pick left. I think that is right. Tanev could be moved at the draft along with Sutter. It would give Benning some currency to wheel and deal with.  Not sure if they would get enough return with him injured. Unless he is getting real close. You never know these days. I think teams just let guys sit until the deadline is over. Once their out you might as well be sure they are 100% .  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Bo fan said:

As @King Heffy and @40Dangles pointed out - Guddy dropped the gloves with Getz - however - I still think he will come at someone tonight accidently on purpose.  And I'm hoping it isn't Petey - 

Hope to see MacEwan and Goldy both in the line up tonight -  

Maybe play Schenn to - he is someone that  could stand up for the team along with Guddy

Wish we could have such a captain.

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's time.  I can't hide in the closet any longer.  I am now officially coming out as a team tank member. 

#loseforhughes 

Hide it Alfives. The team has always been in tank mode. But winning hasn't hurt either. If anyone hasn't realized the draft is Jim Benning s play ground. Its draft day when picks carry their highest value. Once they skate most drop like Guddy… yakapov… Pajarvi… etc etc. Hughes fell to us and we had the balls to draft Elias. Teams are saying they will no longer look over size. But news flash to teams when they take smaller players other players drop etc... RNH in Edmonton a smaller player who hasn't performed at top tier draft material is an example that comes to mind. The top pick has lately been the top pick. (Except when we got Elias) Rasmus Dhalin has been great but my money before the draft was on Hughes. We could find out very soon if we also got another steal! But as crooked as the NHL is with their draft formula the Hockey god's always even things up. Just look at Edmonton! The Canucks kept falling in the draft but seems like they would not have picked Elias if they won a top three pick. So I am content with watching the season play out. So my advice as useless as it is Hide in the closet! 

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

The Tanev rumor. Toronto has no first round pick left. I think that is right. Tanev could be moved at the draft along with Sutter. It would give Benning some currency to wheel and deal with.  Not sure if they would get enough return with him injured. Unless he is getting real close. You never know these days. I think teams just let guys sit until the deadline is over. Once their out you might as well be sure they are 100% .  :rolleyes:

Basically, any of our players that have term are better off moved in the off-season. Teams are still trying to get ideas of what their line-ups are looking like. Furthermore, it allows players, specifically Tanev and Sutter, to get healthy and get some value added to their stock. Yes, it would be nice to get some additional 2019 picks, but there's nothing stopping JB and co to collect more picks on draft day.

11 minutes ago, cory40 said:

The last 5 games have been crunch time. 

Answers from so many players are just cliche.  The team is in the tank, and should go all out to tank.  Sure the players will try to win, but JB can make that roster bad enough the players can't win.  Then we might actually have really good odds to win the coming draft lottery!  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Answers from so many players are just cliche.  The team is in the tank, and should go all out to tank.  Sure the players will try to win, but JB can make that roster bad enough the players can't win.  Then we might actually have really good odds to win the coming draft lottery!  

Guddy and Poo with 30 mins each?

Just now, Baer. said:

Of the guys on tonight's roster, the only ones I think who are playing where they should be are Bo, Elias, Boeser, Gaudette, Roussel.  The rest (My God!  Especially our D) are way higher up in the lineup than they should be.  And some aren't really NHL players!  If it wasn't for Marky in nets, this team might not win another game!  

31 minutes ago, cory40 said:

The last 5 games have been crunch time. 

The Arizona game was a must win. They play Ducks, Avalanche, Coyotes again. If they don't go 3 for 3 in these games, I can't see them making the playoffs.

Archived