The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Dallas Stars, March 17, 2019, 4 PM

KyoNami

I agree with biega stepping it up a knotch. hes been ok but inconsistent. Needs to improve his passing play a bit. Hes better then brisebois passing anyway. Stiff competition on D next year with hughes tanev and teves there. question is if anyone will be traded for something better or keep the yung ones. 

I know Schaller has had 37 games! this year but for some reason it's been really hard to have a look at him. I squint, put on my glasses, try slowing down the playback...nope still haven't really seen him.

Goldy over Schaller any day for me.

I also agree with some people on here and find it strange that we slide Sven back in at all this year. I'm not a Dr like Recchi but I don't have a ton of faith in our medical staff these past few years.

Any Hoots

Go Nucks.

13 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Wow.... Green spelling it out to Goldy in Capital letters...

Just wait and see,  JB will trade off Goldy after this season and he'll go on to be a consistent 20-30g scorer on another team who figures out how to utilize his talents. Happens to us far too often. Grabner and McCann just to name a couple examples.

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I know Schaller has had 37 games! this year but for some reason it's been really hard to have a look at him. I squint, put on my glasses, try slowing down the playback...nope still haven't really seen him.

Goldy over Schaller any day for me.

I also agree with some people on here and find it strange that we slide Sven back in at all this year. I'm not a Dr like Recchi but I don't have a ton of faith in our medical staff these past few years.

Any Hoots

Go Nucks.

why?

10 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Just wait and see,  JB will trade off Goldy after this season and he'll go on to be a consistent 20-30g scorer on another team who figures out how to utilize his talents. Happens to us far too often. Grabner and McCann just to name a couple examples.

The same Grabner that was waived by the team that took him from us? IMO Grabner needed that wake up call to get going. He was lousy in Florida too. 

12 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I can see a spot for Goldy on the roster next year. Not so much for Schaller, Eriksson, Granlund or Spooner. Hoping after a good summer that Baer can safely return to form. Need to play Goldy as much as possible down the stretch. 1st PP unit and with Pettersson to get his offensive tools to the forefront and see if he can be offensively minded and play decent defensively. Next year I want to see a major shakeup. Unless we get an NHL ready forward from the draft Id like to see something like this.

Goldy-Pettersson-Boeser

Baertschi-Horvat-Pearson

Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

Edler-Stecher

Hughes-Tanev

Hutton-Myers

Agree with your sentiments except regarding Spooner. The guy hasn't even had a chance to play yet. He's only been in the line up for 6 games. Too early to say if he's a bust imo. 

WTH happened to Granny? He had 19 goals in 2016-17 and looked so promising. Was it coach Green and his playing style that did him in or the lack of the benefits of the Sedin twins?

Also, where does Panarin fit in your lineup? :bigblush:

Id prefer to see jake with bo and pearson with gaudette and leivo. However Baertschi and goldy are both questionable unless goldy stays and baertschi recovers (obviously). Im guessing 3-4 guys will not be on the roster next year....a ton of speculation untill then. U will want to trade players u will get something decent in return. Thats why goldy and pearson are both questionable for next season. 

2 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Id prefer to see jake with bo and pearson with gaudette and leivo. However Baertschi and goldy are both questionable unless goldy stays and baertschi recovers (obviously). Im guessing 3-4 guys will not be on the roster next year....a ton of speculation untill then. U will want to trade players u will get something decent in return. Thats why goldy and pearson are both questionable for next season. 

I want to see Jake with Petey, they had some solid chemistry earlier in the season.  Petey needs a guy with speed and the ability to forecheck hard and steal pucks.

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The same Grabner that was waived by the team that took him from us? IMO Grabner needed that wake up call to get going. He was lousy in Florida too. 

Florida? You mean Toronto? His season with them was pretty bad. 18 points (9g, 9a) in 80 games.  

1 minute ago, 40Dangles said:

Ouch - that’s basically telling Goldy you have 20 more games at the start of next season to show you’re a NHLer or you’re done 

He's not wrong. At some point you need to show more than one good month a year. 

30 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Dude Goldy has been given 1000+ chances. Moreover, He’s not been asked to work his way up the lineup like Jake, Bo, Guadette have had to from 4th line all the way to first (in Bo’s case). Rather, he’s been given the BEST position to succeed out of any of our youth, playing with Petey, our best center offensively and one hell of a 200 ft player (for a 175lb rookie center) first PP etc. All he’s been asked to do is work his tail off and play harder, fight for pucks, get on dmen and fight hard in your own zone. That’s the same expectation for all. If he can’t or won’t do that it’s on him now, not JB not TG. He has responsibility to show he’s able to compete for himself and his teammates. He’s not a superstar that can get think he can float like Ovie in the first part of his career. Play hard or go to Europe. He certainly hasn’t shown he wants to be in the NHL from his EFFORT. You think if he showed the effort of someone like Burrows they’d care if he had 4 pts in 20 games or whatever it has been? I doubt it. 

2 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Florida? You mean Toronto? His season with them was pretty bad. 18 points (9g, 9a) in 80 games.  

He was traded to Florida and had an awful training camp and preseason, they waived him and the Islanders claimed him and he briefly got his crap together and faded again. The guy has had 3 and a half-4 good NHL seasons out of 10. Nothing I'd lose any sleep over. 

Dallas is trending up... been 70% wins lately... so this game will likely be a challenge.

Would not be unhappy to see a loss... Not encouraging the players to give up... but I am definitely on the tank band wagon now.

Hopefully we see a competitive game from the team with a single goal loss.

I'm expecting Petey to continue his better play... although he does need to be careful out there... Dallas has some big bodies and they do play mean.  WATCH OUT FOR POLAK!!!

Dallas is also very motivated... they are in a Wildcard with a reasonable chance of catching Vegas.

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He's not wrong. At some point you need to show more than one good month a year. 

Yep agreed. Dude has been gifted ice time for too long. Give that wing to Jake he’s paid his dues and allow him that long leash, I bet we’re better off.

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Dallas is trending up... been 70% wins lately... so this game will likely be a challenge.

Would not be unhappy to see a loss... Not encouraging the players to give up... but I am definitely on the tank band wagon now.

Hopefully we see a competitive game from the team with a single goal loss.

I'm expecting Petey to continue his better play... although he does need to be careful out there... Dallas has some big bodies and they do play mean.

Dallas is also very motivated... they are in a Wildcard with a reasonable chance of catching Vegas.

I'm ok with a loss it increases Chicago’s chance of missing the playoffs 

Archived