Schaller-Beagle(A)-Motte

Edler(A)-Biega
Brisebois-Stecher
Sautner-Schenn

Markstrom

Schaller and Eriksson over Goldobin

AF5C7805-D509-4308-AA8E-C6731CE4CA38.jpeg.3e94ecf68a3f1f72edd2fea14431f3e6.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... My introduction to Sasquatch was the Six Million Dollar Man and Andre the Giant. I was scared. 

I must be confusing Bruins players with Bruins fans. Didn't think either one walked upright. ;)

If any youngins' aren't familiar with the above ad(I quoted, with Vancouver's Bill Reiter as Sask), it's strongly recommended. Vancouver was so fun back in 1985, just before Expo..& the Kokanee ads were part/proof of that easygoing, cool, confident vibe.

Of course the beloved Canucks were doormats in the apocalyptic Smythe Div! :^(

36 minutes ago, lmm said:

As my confidence in the coaching staff wanes, this comes up.

What, Green? "I just looked. He's got 2+2 in the last..."

What? "I just woke up from under this rock, and my team sucks..."

I just noticed that the team I am coaching has no confidence and cannot make a pass, I should switch up the lines...

I think the one thing kepping Green from getting fired is that he does not twitch during interview

OK two things, he does not say "Real gud"

Yeah that’s a pretty bad quote after Goldy was easily one of the better players last game. 

2 hours ago, mll said:

Larionov back in January told Dhaliwal that he was disappointed with how the Canucks have been treating Goldobin.  

That’s not what I read. I read he’s been on Goldy to commit to playing a team game. Upset how? First pp, playing w Petey, expected to work hard? Would love to see this tweet you refer to because that’s the opposite of what larionov has said in the past. 

Here's the thing with Goldobin. Green wanted to coach the high risk plays out of his game and convert him into more a of a two-way "safe" player who "works hard every shift". Goldobin has been doing these things of late and has played a DUMBED down version of his game that Green has instilled. He's been dumping and chasing, blocking shots, no more cross ice feeds at the offensive blue line, etc. I thought he played perfect Green hockey against New Jersey yet he still gets healthy scratched. Thus far the only young player Green has developed has been Brendan Gaunce and he plays for Utica. His coaching acumen sure matches his surname. 

3 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

Here's the thing with Goldobin. Green wanted to coach the high risk plays out of his game and convert him into more a of a two-way "safe" player who "works hard every shift". Goldobin has been doing these things of late and has played a DUMBED down version of his game that Green has instilled. He's been dumping and chasing, blocking shots, no more cross ice feeds at the offensive blue line, etc. I thought he played perfect Green hockey against New Jersey yet he still gets healthy scratched. Thus far the only young player Green has developed has been Brendan Gaunce and he plays for Utica. His coaching acumen sure matches his surname. 

Facts man. Goldobin had a good Green game against Devils, won lots of puck battles as well.

5 minutes ago, 40Dangles said:

Maybe a coach sees things that a fan doesn’t? Maybe he sees things he’s asked Goldy to do, and he’s not?

did you see Carolyn Cameron and Doug Mclean last game, played a clip of Green saying, "when you don't make the playoffs, changes will be made"

McLean says, "it might be the coach"

So it is not just us that see the problems with Green.

4 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

I just saw it as Green strictly wanting production at this point, because he did say areas of his game have improved.

The comment seemed stats driven, IMO.

Goldy has been notably more physically and also better defensively in the last 10 games he's played.

So I don't buy that he is not making progress.

Overall I think he is worth keeping on this team... his potential is still much better than the alternatives.

4 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

Green will not last out next season. 

Archived