The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Preds 04/04/19 5pm -- Alex Biega Turns 31 Edition

xereau

1 minute ago, xereau said:

He is leading an army of zombies in a social media campaign to get Benning canned.  You know, journalism.

I joined twiiter last year just to tell Botch he was an a**hole. It made me feel better. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no thats actually working well. We might need that next year if there's no movement in or out in the offseason. 

You don't think Lievo has a higher chance of scoring? He digs the puck out well..

4 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Thanks X … didn't know. What an arsehole.

The stench of it is pretty nasty.  People actually tag their posts with @Botchford so they can drag him, and others, down into their wallow.  And its impossible not to see/smell it when sifting through https://twitter.com/hashtag/canucks

There is some good stuff on twatter.  And lots of filth.

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

You don't think Lievo has a higher chance of scoring? He digs the puck out well..

I think JL has a better shot for sure, but Pearson and Bo already are puck hounds so not sure that line really needs that. Loui has been setting up Pearson and Bo pretty nicely, its actually the best Loui's done 5 on 5 for a long time. I think Loui might still be a more complimentary playmaker for Pearson and Bo. But we'll see, its only just over 10 games but 6 pts 5 on 5 in that span for Loui on that line bodes well if we have to keep him. 

1 minute ago, xereau said:

The stench of it is pretty nasty.  People actually tag their posts with @Botchford so they can drag him, and others, down into their wallow.

Lovely. Journalistic standards are in the sewer these days. May never return to normal.

I'm excited to see what Jake can do with Petey and Boes tonight. I feel like he is the type of player that could excel on that line.

Hopefully they give it a proper look.

58 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Switch Lievo and Eriksson

love the GDT!!

I would also like to see this switch happen.  I know the Horvat line is clicking a bit right now, but I really don't think Eriksson is the reason for that at all.

Pearson and Bo are carrying that line. 

Pearson Horvat Leivo would be a tough line to contain down low, and yet they really aren't a slow line either.

Might be good mix of size, speed and skill between all 3 of those guys.

Looking foward to a 6 pm start (In Saskatchewan) tonight.

Go Canucks Go!

4 minutes ago, hiebskey said:

I'm excited to see what Jake can do with Petey and Boes tonight. I feel like he is the type of player that could excel on that line.

Hopefully they give it a proper look.

I would also like to see this switch happen.  I know the Horvat line is clicking a bit right now, but I really don't think Eriksson is the reason for that at all.

Pearson and Bo are carrying that line. 

Pearson Horvat Leivo would be a tough line to contain down low, and yet they really aren't a slow line either.

Might be good mix of size, speed and skill between all 3 of those guys.

Looking foward to a 6 pm start (In Saskatchewan) tonight.

Go Canucks Go!

In my mind it feels like we are gifting Eriksson prime ice when he doesn't deserve it. What happened to earning it I thought that was the buzz word.

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

In my mind it feels like we are gifting Eriksson prime ice when he doesn't deserve it. What happened to earning it I thought that was the buzz word.

He is a better fit that Leivo. Not saying its a great fit either, or that he deserves it.  But this is whats going on here:

Both Bo and Pearson take the puck, and chase the puck deep.  They need someone that routinely patrols the upper slot, and not to receive passes.  Just someone defensively responsible enough to let those two play their game.

What these two guys need is an elite distributor with a strong two way game.  And there is no one on this team that currently fits that bill.  Its definitely not Jake.  Anders Lee perhaps, in the off season.

6 minutes ago, xereau said:

He is a better fit that Leivo. Not saying its a great fit either, or that he deserves it.  But this is whats going on here:

Both Bo and Pearson take the puck, and chase the puck deep.  They need someone that routinely patrols the upper slot, and not to receive passes.  Just someone defensively responsible enough to let those two play their game.

What these two guys need is an elite distributor with a strong two way game.  And there is no one on this team that currently fits that bill.  Its definitely not Jake.  Anders Lee perhaps, in the off season.

Lievo is a better shooter I think.  Liev's has10 goals in about half as many games as Eriksson (who gets PP2 time as well). I think Lievo can muck it out and get greasy garbage goals too.  Eriksson is mostly a perimeter player and too soft in the crease. I really don't see Eriksson who has been averaging 10 goals a year, as being 1st line material.

Archived