The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sri Lanka blasts: 359 dead in 7 explosions in churches, hotels on Easter

nuckin_futz

45 minutes ago, riffraff said:

You don’t find it a bit odd in the age of respecting everyone’s “identities”

ftr i could care less about labels/identities but the tweets certainly are inconsistent with the current inclusive ideal.

That's the thing... we do not live in that age. Some identities are more equal than others.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jack_T said:

Is the irony not lost on some of you? Some complain that Obama etc are using language to imply a political narrative. Yet the only concrete narrative occurring is from those framing the Left as anti-Christian.

I'm sure there are plenty of religious folks on the left, just as I'm sure there are plenty of atheists on the right. (In fact, I think there's one in the Oval Office)

Personally, I believe in science and I don't believe in trickle down economics, so I suppose that puts me on the left side of the spectrum. However, I'm not so much anti-Christian as I am anti-religion. It's my personal belief that religion is the root cause of a lot of injustice and suffering in this world.

This latest attack would seem to underscore that belief.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Kragar said:

That's the thing... we do not live in that age. Some identities are more equal than others.

As evidenced by Puerto Rico, right?

18 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

FTR, I really don't GAF what someone calls it. The fact that a bunch of clowns are jumping on this to try and score political points off the deaths of hundreds of people is disgraceful.

This is rich coming from one of many here who rarely fails to restrain themselves from making political attacks moments after there is a shooting down here.  How about hopping out of the saddle of your high horse for a bit.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kragar said:

This is rich coming from one of many here who rarely fails to restrain themselves from making political attacks moments after there is a shooting down here.  How about hopping out of the saddle of your high horse for a bit.

How about acknowledging that there's a difference between condemning the complete inaction of politicians in the face of 30,000 shooting deaths per year and a bunch of twits whining about the language used by former politicians in decrying attacks on innocent victims?

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

How about acknowledging that there's a difference between condemning the complete inaction of politicians in the face of 30,000 shooting deaths per year and a bunch of twits whining about the language used by former politicians in decrying attacks on innocent victims?

Nope, that won't wash.  In those instances I referred to, you are playing politics before the bleeding has stopped.  Complaining that others are doing it here is pure hypocrisy.

While your motive may be admirable, your words have no more impact than the "thoughts and prayers" you typically scorn.  Far less, potentially, if a given God being prayed to is real.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Nope, that won't wash.  In those instances I referred to, you are playing politics before the bleeding has stopped.  Complaining that others are doing it here is pure hypocrisy.

While your motive may be admirable, your words have no more impact than the "thoughts and prayers" you typically scorn.  Far less, potentially, if a given God being prayed to is real.

In your opinion. One that I disagree with.

When I lament the inaction of politicians on gun control, it's with the goal of ensuring that less people are needlessly killed in the future. Whining about what language Obama used for his message of condolence is nothing more than petty partisanism. There's a world of difference.

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

This x1000 - Thank you for saying this! 

...Jesus talk about a double standard/hypocrisy. It’s amazing at how often they shift the goal posts and then play victim. Like shutup, everyone’s had enough of you folks. The world doesn’t revolve around you so stop picking and choosing when certain cards can or can’t be in play...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

When I lament the inaction of politicians on gun control, it's with the goal of ensuring that less people are needlessly killed in the future. Whining about what language Obama used for his message of condolence is nothing more than petty partisanism. There's a world of difference.

Stop diverting away from the fact you got called out on your hypocrisy.

Here

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42749089

Tell the politicians to “condemn the complete inaction” of that. Don’t pick and choose, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Here

Tell the politicians to “condemn the complete inaction” of that. Don’t pick and choose, thanks.

Wait, you tell someone not to cherry pick but then reference a random article about British knife violence?

Are you real?

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I dunno... if Obama could have stiffened his spine and called out islamo-terrorism for what it was, perhaps he could have actually earned his Nobel participation award.  But since he wouldn't (and still refuses to) neither do his supporters - voters, party members, and media supporters alike. 

Petty partisanship is petty partisanship. Pretending otherwise is just, um, petty?

And, if you want to stump to save lives, global Christian persecution is a much bigger issue than gun control in the US.

8 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Here

What? Because you said so?

Your a newbie here, so you really have no idea what you're talking about.

9 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

...are you real?

Cuz I wonder who’s dupe you are :wacko:

Guy, you have thrown yourself into such a tizzy that you lost the point a long time ago. 

Peace.

5 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I dunno... if Obama could have stiffened his spine and called out islamo-terrorism for what it was, perhaps he could have actually earned his Nobel participation award.  But since he wouldn't (and still refuses to) neither do his supporters - voters, party members, and media supporters alike. 

Petty partisanship is petty partisanship. Pretending otherwise is just, um, petty?

And, if you want to stump to save lives, global Christian persecution is a much bigger issue than gun control in the US.

Well you can talk (or type) until you're blue in the face, but you'll never convince me that advocating for common sense gun regulation in the face of the murder of children is th same as whining about a former president not using the what you consider to be the proper wordage in a tweet.

If you want to promote that theory, you're welcome to, but it doesn't become so just because you say so.

As far as "global Christian persecution" goes, If there were some sort of legislation that would help curtail it, I would certainly support the idea, just as I would any measure aimed at curtailing the murders of schoolchildren.

1 minute ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Newbie isn’t allowed to distinguish when someone moves the goal posts? Gotcha.

Stay on that high horse I guess, ignorance really is bliss :rolleyes:

You must be the happiest person around....

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Well you can talk (or type) until you're blue in the face, but you'll never convince me that advocating for common sense gun regulation in the face of the murder of children is th same as whining about a former president not using the what you consider to be the proper wordage in a tweet.

If you want to promote that theory, you're welcome to, but it doesn't become so just because you say so.

As far as "global Christian persecution" goes, If there were some sort of legislation that would help curtail it, I would certainly support the idea, just as I would any measure aimed at curtailing the murders of schoolchildren.

You think it all depends on legislation?   I shoulda seen that coming.

Just now, Kragar said:

You think it all depends on legislation?   I shoulda seen that coming.

It's a matter of what can be done. I know what can be done about gun violence. If you have any ideas about what can be done about golbal Christian persecution, I'd love to hear them.