The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sri Lanka blasts: 359 dead in 7 explosions in churches, hotels on Easter

nuckin_futz

8 minutes ago, gurn said:

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact it wasn't just churches that were bombed, but hotels as well. Indicates, to me anyway that it was not "just" Christians as targets.

I do find it very telling that people moaning and complaining about Obama and Clinton's words give Drumpf a complete free pass when he butchers English and plain out says stupid crap.

Very strange in my opinion.

there is a difference between making a typo or a spelling mistake like Trump does on a regular basis and of purposely avoiding using the term Christians because it doesn't fit the liberal narrative that Christians are to be vilified and can't possibly be victims. Avoiding using the words "attack on Christians" by "Radical Islamic terrorists" while having no issue calling out white supremacist terrorists and throwing all support for Muslims world wide and condemning Islamophobia is not the same thing as Trump writing out cofefefe or some other irrelevant spelling mistake.

One is completely political and is being pushed by the radical Left (you can't honestly believe that everyone suddenly decided to all use the word Easter Worshippers instead of Christians by coincidence?) The other is Trump being Trump, hasty posts that aren't proof-read. The intention and impact are completely different

Edited by Kushman
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact it wasn't just churches that were bombed, but hotels as well. Indicates, to me anyway that it was not "just" Christians as targets.

I do find it very telling that people moaning and complaining about Obama and Clinton's words give Drumpf a complete free pass when he butchers English and plain out says stupid crap.

Very strange in my opinion.

Perhaps it’s clear that a church was bombed so it shouldn’t be hard to tell who was targeted in the church attack. And it shouldn’t be hard to acknowledge what group/people was behind it because magically white supremacist is a label thrown around in circumstances but not so much when it’s an ISIS fella. 

I find it very telling you’re complaining about words and such when 1.) this isn’t about Trump or something he mentioned and 2.) the hypocrisy being you’re defending their words when it’s about them and nobody else. And if anything, Trump doesn’t care about SJW culture and is held to a ‘lower standard’ due to it, not being politically correct. So that means Obama and Hillary should be held accountable since they care about that sorta stuff...I guess not all the time though 

• Upvote 2

I will say 

its been strange to me,

a whole weekend has gone by and I haven’t heard a single person along the way mention what happened.

and I’ve never heard the term “Easter worshippers” in my life.

literally right up there with “peoplekind”

i still like obama, always have.  But nevertheless, Kinda bizzarre wording.

• Upvote 1

290 people murdered, and another 500 injured.  There were seven bombs set off, and one (at the airport) defused?  To be honest I really didn’t even know where Sri Lanka was, or knew anything about the country.  They sound kind of like a poor people.  Maybe their policing isn’t great?  

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

290 people murdered, and another 500 injured.  There were seven bombs set off, and one (at the airport) defused?  To be honest I really didn’t even know where Sri Lanka was, or knew anything about the country.  They sound kind of like a poor people.  Maybe their policing isn’t great?  

70% Buddhist. From what I understand, the country has been doing well for the last decade or so and has had peace between the small percentages of the many other religions including Christians. 

I've heard they knew about some threats but for some reason didn't send out a warning. So, it may be that their policing did drop the ball.

Anyway, lets get back to Barrack and Hillary... for a change. 

• Upvote 1

...it’s awesome/funny because Imam Tawhidi, a fellow Islam devotee and Muslim, is saying this. Puts peoples brains in a pretzel who are SJW / hypocrites when it comes to these types of things.

I mean after all, it’s just holding them accountable isn’t it? They’re the ones who preach it... :rolleyes:

Edited by Generational.EP40
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

I will say 

its been strange to me,

a whole weekend has gone by and I haven’t heard a single person along the way mention what happened.

and I’ve never heard the term “Easter worshippers” in my life.

literally right up there with “peoplekind”

i still like obama, always have.  But nevertheless, Kinda bizzarre wording.

Because Western Civilization is at the point where we have to walk around on eggshells to avoid upsetting people of a certain Stone Age Religion.

#terroristsarewinning

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Boeserker said:

Because Western Civilization is at the point where we have to walk around on eggshells to avoid upsetting people of a certain Stone Age Religion.

#terroristsarewinning

I don’t know about that.

i honestly don’t think people really care.  It’s every day life.  “We” don’t live “there”.

sides must be taken.  Nobody can be wrong and move on.  No acceptance of another’s opinion or belief.  Just chest thumping.

and then there is the media/social media......

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Almost 300 people dead and all some people can talk about is "OMG!!! Obama and Hillary refuse to say the word Christians!!!!" :frantic:

And they call us "snowflakes"....:rolleyes:

You don’t find it a bit odd in the age of respecting everyone’s “identities”

ftr i could care less about labels/identities but the tweets certainly are inconsistent with the current inclusive ideal.

On 4/21/2019 at 11:53 AM, sonoman said:

As tragic as this is, POTUS still seems to have trouble with numbers or facts

AEBF4DD9-2E03-41C6-AE04-A74B5355A86F.png

Personally, I find the above tweet to be the strangest of all the tweets regarding this senseless mass murder.

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

OMG Barack and Hillary didn't mention the people that were killed in the Hotel blasts, so much for inclusivity.:rolleyes:

If they were consistent in their messages, no one would care. But as previous posts have shown, there is undeniably an agenda the left is pushing and that is one that is demonstrably anti-christian pro Islam. The left never fails to call for support for the Muslim community and calling out white supremacists, but can't bring themselves to utter the words Radical Islamic terrorism and now apparently Christians is also taboo in leftist lexicon. If you don't see that, you're a lost cause and a part of the growing divide in society. 

• Thanks 1

Is the irony not lost on some of you? Some complain that Obama etc are using language to imply a political narrative. Yet the only concrete narrative occurring is from those framing the Left as anti-Christian.

33 minutes ago, riffraff said:

You don’t find it a bit odd in the age of respecting everyone’s “identities”

ftr i could care less about labels/identities but the tweets certainly are inconsistent with the current inclusive ideal.

FTR, I really don't GAF what someone calls it. The fact that a bunch of clowns are jumping on this to try and score political points off the deaths of hundreds of people is disgraceful.

BTW: "Easter Worshippers" can be interpreted two ways.....worshippers of Easter and worshippers on Easter. Of course the latter interpretation is and will be completely ignored by the "Shillary / Obummer" asshats....

• Upvote 4