The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sri Lanka blasts: 359 dead in 7 explosions in churches, hotels on Easter

nuckin_futz

4 hours ago, aeromotacanucks said:

Dear Trump

apparently according you the attack itself killed more than 3x the entire population in Sri Lanka...

Well maybe you should just check this a little bit Mr. Trump...

Who cares about Trump.  Hopefully the Srilankin police can protect its people.  This was brutal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

This hits particularly hard as I currently possess a plane ticket that arrives in Colombo in literally 3 days. The hotel that I booked is a few blocks away from the bombings. Gained a lot of perspective just by being temporally close to the bombings in that area...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kushman said:

There's a war being waged against Christianity. 

qM1fHgK_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Good old Barack Hussein Obama cant even bring himself to use the word "Christians". Instead, he calls this an attack on "Easter worshippers" lmao. Yet he never shys away from calling anything an attack on Muslims. Wonder why he didn't call the new Zealand attacks as an attack on the people of new Zealand and on Ramadan worshippers.

It isn't just him.  The left is deflecting hard on this one.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/leftists-easter-worshippers/?fbclid=IwAR2ep2P0K4p0LBumd3wbYsajUaX940SoxAnJyLVPKn9Kn3Y-VDL-YPVBzU8

• Upvote 3

Sri Lanka Easter attack toll hits 290

Colombo (Sri Lanka) (AFP) - At least 290 are now known to have died in a series of bomb blasts that tore through churches and luxury hotels in Sri Lanka, in the worst violence to hit the island since its devastating civil war ended a decade ago.

Eight apparently co-ordinated explosions targeted Easter worshippers and high end hotels popular with international guests.

The horrific death toll, which has risen dramatically overnight, was given on Monday morning by a police spokesman, who said a further 500 people had been wounded.

The news came hours after it was revealed that an improvised bomb discovered at the main airport in Colombo had been defused.

A nationwide curfew imposed shortly after the blasts was lifted early Monday, with AFP journalists reporting a steady stream of people and tuk tuks on the streets of Negombo.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/52-dead-blasts-hit-sri-lanka-churches-hotels-061837160.html

(more in the link)

7 hours ago, Kushman said:

There's a war being waged against Christianity. 

qM1fHgK_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Good old Barack Hussein Obama cant even bring himself to use the word "Christians". Instead, he calls this an attack on "Easter worshippers" lmao. Yet he never shys away from calling anything an attack on Muslims. Wonder why he didn't call the new Zealand attacks as an attack on the people of new Zealand and on Ramadan worshippers.

4 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

1 hour ago, Generational.EP40 said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Obviously the victims were the believers of this god...

Image result for easter bunny

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Who cares about Trump.  Hopefully the Srilankin police can protect its people.  This was brutal. 

Pretty much.... The real story coming out seems to be the authorities missing and/or not sharing the warnings. The rest is just people whining over left v. right political garbage...

• Upvote 2

This whole "Easter worshipper" stuff is such garbage. 

Heavily disagree with the usage of the term and I don't understand why people like Hilary and Barack are pandering to the extreme left. Just call it as it is. "Christian" is not synonymous with Lord Voldemort. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

This whole "Easter worshipper" stuff is such garbage. 

Heavily disagree with the usage of the term and I don't understand why people like Hilary and Barack are pandering to the extreme left. Just call it as it is. "Christian" is not synonymous with Lord Voldemort. 

Its pretty pathetic and tbh I believe takes away from their sincerity... Pandering to their extreme part/base of their supporters that are offended by everything these days. Cant see it being worth alienating moderates that make up the vast majority but it seems to be the name of the game imo. 

15 minutes ago, Kushman said:

4ba62zusmtt21.jpg

6GjhcMl.jpg

Coverage of the two events have seemed the same to me.  How can media cover something for two weeks when it has only been 2 days.  Seems like "Fake News" to me.  Also, being outraged about the use of "Easter Worshipers"?  Seems like it is just taking away from the coverage of the real news which is that 290+ people died in a terrible attack.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Kushman said:

4ba62zusmtt21.jpg

6GjhcMl.jpg

I don't know what captain Crenshaw crunch is going on about here. I see it everywhere. Pretty big difference between a "western" country and Sri Lanka as well. Though, his Twitter is always good for a laugh. 

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Coverage of the two events have seemed the same to me.  How can media cover something for two weeks when it has only been 2 days.  Seems like "Fake News" to me.  Also, being outraged about the use of "Easter Worshipers"?  Seems like it is just taking away from the coverage of the real news which is that 290+ people died in a terrible attack.

The fact that you say coverage seems the same to you is mind boggling.

50 dead at the NZ christchurch shooting you have the left throwing complete support behind the Muslim community, condemnation of Islamophobia and condemnation of White Supremacy terrorists.... worldwide rallies, fundraisers, the PM of NZ wearing a hijab and speaking Arabic. Wall to wall coverage non stop.

290+ dead in Sri Lanka, the left can't even bring itself to use the word Christians, no condemnation of "Christianophobia", not a single mention of Radical Islamic terrorists.  Sympathy for travellers and Easter Worshippers. 

The two responses are no where near the same. That's the issue. The left's biased agenda and venomous attitude towards Christians on a regular basis, while constantly apologizing for Islam is what's infuriating normal people that can see through this bs.

Edited by Kushman
  • Upvote 3

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact it wasn't just churches that were bombed, but hotels as well. Indicates, to me anyway that it was not "just" Christians as targets.

I do find it very telling that people moaning and complaining about Obama and Clinton's words give Drumpf a complete free pass when he butchers English and plain out says stupid crap.

Very strange in my opinion.