The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-TOR (Weaponizing Cap Space)

Next thing you know, someone in this thread's going to suggest Toronto gives us Marner just to get rid of Marleau's contract. Totally logical!

You guys are nuts (and dreaming). lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Next thing you know, someone in this thread's going to suggest Toronto gives us Marner just to get rid of Marleau's contract. Totally logical!

Yup.  No way the Leafs use Marner to dump bad contracts.  I'd say Nylander (even though some say his contract is ugly) would be a more logical sweetener to taking Marleau and Zaitsev.  

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

I don't think every fan is viewing Marleau as a sorta key for leverage. Personally I don't. Would say their top-heavy, fwd $$$ emphasis is a bigger issue.

Don't know what counterpart-GM's would pay, but they should've considered flipping WN for rhd.

********************************:

With their cap-squeeze I think they will lose a transaction(or two). Similar to how they gave away Leivo.

Another question that keeps popping up(I've seen no one answer), is who gets left holding the bag? There are too many lousy contracts(GM's who wanna dump toxic materials) & not enough landing places. It's almost like Canada/Philippines!

On 6/2/2019 at 6:52 PM, Jaku said:

I'd want Kapanen coming back. If they want/need to move the contract they're going to have to pay for it. Kapanen would be a beauty of an addition to Bo's wing. Makes sense for the Canucks. 

Marleau, Kapanen and their 2nd

for Goldobin and a 6th

Edited by 18W-40C-6W

1 hour ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

It's inevitable that Marleau is getting moved to some team. Why not that team be Canucks so we can get an extra pick?

I agree, and he still has wheels. With Petey he could have a good year playing on #40's  wing and maybe gets us another pick at the deadline

Marleau Petey Boeser would actually be a pretty nice line imho

Edited by 18W-40C-6W