The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Federal Government Approves TMX Pipeline Again - Update: Supreme Court Dismisses Appeal

DonLever

17 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

So projects in the best interest of all Canadians can be politically bounced around for better part of 7 years while a corrupt company skates?    Curious the way things work in my country of birth.    Sorry, not going to convince me that the massive waste of opportunity cost with this pipeline will ever be justified in a manner that outweighs the lost benefit to the Canadian society as a whole.   We can agree to disagree on that one.   Cheers.   :)

I don't think you realize who you're talking to or the fact I was pointing out how ridiculous things are but ya, agree to disagree. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

all of that is speculation. 

To be fair only time will tell how the bill is. This case doesn't justify the bill the way you're making it out to be.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't think you realize who you're talking to or the fact I was pointing out how ridiculous things are but ya, agree to disagree. 

To be fair only time will tell how the bill is. This case doesn't justify the bill the way you're making it out to be.

I've just been talking about the duty to consult part. On that, things look very good. I have no doubt that the 4 first nations will try to appeal it, but the SCoC won't hear it, there's no grounds for them to. 

8 hours ago, BPA said:

Climate change is a concern for everybody.  But it can't occur overnight. 

Trudeau's approach of using the $$ off oil to fund green alternatives is the best way.  Once those green technologies are viable and profitable, then perhaps we can see a reduction in our Carbon footprint. 

Lesser dependence on oil will not happen in my lifetime nor my children.  But perhaps the generation after that we can see the fruits of our labor.

Too late.  Climate change and damage to our environment will be permanent by then......

Sorry but we need to change the way we live now. 

KEEP the dirty BITUMENT in the ground where it belongs......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I've just been talking about the duty to consult part. On that, things look very good. I have no doubt that the 4 first nations will try to appeal it, but the SCoC won't hear it, there's no grounds for them to. 

Canada has a LONG history of genocide of our first nations...  Great to see us continuing on with this wonderful tradition. 

Reconciliation - my a.........s .   Its all BS.  Empty words and empty promises.......

21 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Maybe I'm like a politician and I'm lying..

U voted Trudeau so your support TMX and you should pipelines are safer and better for the environment. 

Broken Alberta...  Was all of this heading to the Chestermere  lake area.....

A Calgary man is facing charges after more than $10 million in cocaine and meth was seized from a vehicle in southern Alberta last week.

According to the Calgary Police Service, the drug bust was a result of an investigation launched in November 2019 into a Calgarian thought to be involved in drug trafficking throughout Canada.

According to a news release, officers stopped the suspect on Thursday, Jan. 30 while he was driving near Dorothy, Alta. — about an hour and a half east of Calgary.

The suspect was taken into custody and police said a search of the vehicle revealed 46.9 kilograms of cocaine in uncut bricks and 47.5 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine.

The estimated street value of the drugs, according to police, is $4.69 million for the cocaine and $4.75 million for the meth.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6505204/dorothy-drug-bust/

On 2/5/2020 at 11:11 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

so you mean the SNC case where the guy was convicted? 

we actually do have an independent court system, despite the cartoons. 

Nope, I didn't mean that but good to hear about one guy.    Kudos!

On 2/5/2020 at 3:57 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Too late.  Climate change and damage to our environment will be permanent by then......

Trans Mountain pipeline expansion now estimated to cost $12.6B, finish in 2022

The estimated cost of completing the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion has ballooned from an initial estimate of $7.4 billion to $12.6 billion, the company said Friday.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6521398/trans-mountain-pipeline-expansion-new-cost-estimate/

Cost of Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project in B.C. soars

The cost of the controversial project is now estimated at $12.6 billion, a 70 per cent increase from the last estimate.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/cost-of-trans-mountain-pipeline-expansion-project-in-b-c-soars

Edited by Mackcanuck

28 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

The estimated cost of completing the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion has ballooned from an initial estimate of $7.4 billion to $12.6 billion, the company said Friday.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6521398/trans-mountain-pipeline-expansion-new-cost-estimate/

The cost of the controversial project is now estimated at $12.6 billion, a 70 per cent increase from the last estimate.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/cost-of-trans-mountain-pipeline-expansion-project-in-b-c-soars

Is this a public cost now?  

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How do scientists know this is the highest ever, when we’ve only been recording temperatures for a couple hundred years? 

Alf, It says "WARMEST TEMPERATURE EVER RECORDED".

Edited by Mackcanuck

20 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

The post says highest ever recorded, not highest ever.  Meaning that of all the recorded temperature readings, this was the highest.

Just now, Mackcanuck said:

Alf, It says HIGHEST EVER RECORDED.

it's just his classic village idiot trolling, ignore it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

So unfortunate private investors were driven out

On 2/5/2020 at 3:57 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Sorry, it's still going to happen. Even if you don't use it to run your car, you still need it for chemicals and stuff.