The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks aggressively pursuing Tyson Barrie

This came from hf:

Buddy of mine knows a bunch of Canucks bloggers and they are all saying 10th+Virtanen for Barrie+16th.

Edit:  If this ended up being true this would be a great trade for the Canucks.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

This came from hf:

Buddy of mine knows a bunch of Canucks bloggers and they are all saying 10th+Virtanen for Barrie+16th.

Just seems like a lot to give up for a rental.. I'd prefer something like 10OA + Tanev + 2nd 

• Like 1

Just now, KeslerWho? said:

Just seems like a lot to give up for a rental.. I'd prefer something like 10OA + Tanev + 2nd 

More often than not players in their prime sign with the team they’re playing for than go to FA. Barrie is from BC, he’s even more incentivized to re-sign. Wouldn’t call him a rental.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

If they're including a 1st this year in the deal chances are the extension has been agreed upon. 

17 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

This came from hf:

Edit:  If this ended up being true this would be a great trade for the Canucks.

That would be pretty ideal really... not too much drop off from 10-16... though Seider might have been someone we were looking at later.

• Like 1

With Canucks drafting Podkolzin, I guess it kind of negates the need for Virtanen at some level? A lot of people would consider Virtanen on the 3rd line a bust. Maybe he's still in play in a package with Tanev?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1