The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

32 minutes ago, singing chef said:

More to the point - why are they not wearing PFDs ?

young people, some think they are immortal, or "it will never happen to me"

Laying across the transom like that is just a very, bad thing to do. 

• Cheers 1

^ Further to this.

As a teenager I lived in Sidney B.C. One night a number of teens decided to go over to to the "Sidney Spit" and go swimming/party it up.

A girl fell out of the boat, got run over, and never walked again.

On 7/4/2023 at 1:10 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

I love Hogs tenacity, speed, and skill... but I really dislike his total lack of discipline. He really adversely affected Abby with his entirely unnecessary penalties in the playoffs.

He should study Kuzmenko. 

Kuz is 5 years older, I think if Kuz tutored Hogs into a mini me he might help Hogs develop faster. Some European detente.

On 8/10/2023 at 10:08 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

He should study Kuzmenko. 

Kuz is 5 years older, I think if Kuz tutored Hogs into a mini me he might help Hogs develop faster. Some European detente.

It is definitely a thought. Hogs has skills but he's not that guy close to the net. The question is; could he be? Maybe, but you take a ton of abuse near the net and Kuzmenko is very sneaky. Plus, when abused he man's up and takes it. Hogs takes retalliation penalties.He has to fix that.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

It is definitely a thought. Hogs has skills but he's not that guy close to the net. The question is; could he be? Maybe, but you take a ton of abuse near the net and Kuzmenko is very sneaky. Plus, when abused he man's up and takes it. Hogs takes retalliation penalties.He has to fix that.

Yes, I think Hogs could learn a thing or two from Kuzmenko. I think Kuz's reading the play and his timing of when to go to the net. Maybe Hogs needs to be more carefree like him. Which in my mind Kuz has terrific timing of when to attack. Hogs seems hesitant when he gets in close. Hogs has to be more decisive around the net. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to see Hogs and Pods get a real opportunity this season.  I think Hogs would be a great fit for Kuz and Petey.  Another line I'd like to see is Miller with Boeser and Pods on the left wing.  They're perfect glue guys for their lines. Relentless forecheckers with top 6 skill. It they're not ready then that's a shame but I'd like to see what happens if given a chance to develop some chemistry 

• Like 2

On 8/11/2023 at 11:48 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes, I think Hogs could learn a thing or two from Kuzmenko. I think Kuz's reading the play and his timing of when to go to the net. Maybe Hogs needs to be more carefree like him. Which in my mind Kuz has terrific timing of when to attack. Hogs seems hesitant when he gets in close. Hogs has to be more decisive around the net. 

Kuzmenko is perhaps the only player Hoglander could learn from, from a stick-handling standpoint. But most importantly I think he could learn how to finish plays like Kuzmenko.  He could learn from Kuz how to be more patient with the puck. And I think Hoglander would create so much for Petey and Kuzmenko who would both have the finesse to finish the chances his forchecking and tenacity would generate.  I would love to see it.  I think Petey sees it too. 

• Cheers 1