The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carson Focht | C

elvis15

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

This is very much a veteran Abby team. Hard to gain traction for a young player.

Not sure that I would completely agree with that assessment Ray.

IMO ...Lockwood, Klimovich, Wouters Nielsen and Hirano are managing to find their way even with limited playing time. Carson for what ever the reason is not progressing. Maybe he has some lingering injuries that are affecting his play but to me, he has been a disappointment.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 3/14/2022 at 5:36 PM, Kootenay Gold said:

Not sure that I would completely agree with that assessment Ray.

IMO ...Lockwood, Klimovich, Wouters Nielsen and Hirano are managing to find their way even with limited playing time. Carson for what ever the reason is not progressing. Maybe he has some lingering injuries that are affecting his play but to me, he has been a disappointment.

Really? Last year, Focht spent nearly half his games as the second/third line centre behind Jasek. His play improved all season long. This year, he is pretty much relegated to fourth line, behind Petan, Dries, and Stevens (all veteran guys). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'd say Focht is going to be let go. Because there's a lot centres ahead of him. And he's as thin as a rake.

His shipping out to the ECHL was not a good sign especially where he is at in his ELC. Nychuk is a bit more questionable but my own opinion is that he is not re-signed.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Devron said:

Didn’t he start alright in the AHL? 

There must have been something about his play / skating or possibly behaviour, that caused them to send him to the ECHL. IMO; very unlikely to be qualified. One of the 50 roster spots should be used for someone that was recently drafted and shows more promise. Others that, IMO, will not be re-signed are Dowling and Keeper.

• 4 months later...