The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

Random question. How many veto'd trades does this league do on an annual year. I just want to know if trading is going to be a challenge on a regular basis or if it's just a one off with my current experience. I understand the importance of the process but it kind of sucks the fun out it. 

Just now, Rush17 said:

Random question. How many veto'd trades does this league do on an annual year. I just want to know if trading is going to be a challenge on a regular basis or if it's just a one off with my current experience. I understand the importance of the process but it kind of sucks the fun out it. 

Not really a stat we track. We veto on a case by case basis where 3 or all of the commissioners agree that a trade is egregious   and would not be realistic in the NHL. Sometimes we let a trade through and adapt when we see league opinions are generally against that deal, sometimes we confidently veto and tell the teams to rework the deal and tell them what side is weighed to heavily. We find that like 90% of our veto’s come from experienced GMs trying to pull a quick one on new GMs. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I can't imagine it's more than nine or 10 since I joined the commissioner team 2-ish seasons ago?

edit: yes, I've been one of those veto'd trades :lol:

Edited by thejazz97
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

PIT is willing to retain 50% of Corey Crawford's contract for a B Tier Prospect. Reach out if you would like him as your backup for the final year of his contract. 

Just looking for a prospect with a chance! 

Cheers,

Rush17
PIT GM

5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Over 2 years we have had 1 "soft-vetoed". Mods stepped in with some modifying conditions. Annoying in the moment when it happens, but we had some previous issues with predatory trading that were worse. 

5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Is there an appeal option? Can we bring in new voices to a conversation or is it set once decided?

I feel this last modified proposal would pass most GMs standards. :/

There isn't but you really shouldn't even worry about this :)

I've been here since the expansion draft and I can't even remember a single trade that was vetod between anyone I dealt with. What's it been 4 seasons now? 

The more voices you add, the more complicated it gets in any fantasy league from my experience. It's definitely best to leave this up to the commissioners only IMO 

Wheel and deal! Shake and bake! Your trades will go thru as long as u aren't brutally ripping someone off :)

• Upvote 1

Congrats to Ryan Lindgren for his 1st Career Goal in the NHL , also Congrats to Dom Toninato for his 1st of the Season and his 2nd Career Goal in the NHL. :metal::towel::towel:

Lindgren has been impressive and also Soucy has been a sold contributor in this league.

so the habs are looking to move Carl Gunnarsson for a solid NHL Forward. Gunnarsson should be interesting for Playoff Bound Teams. 

Gunnarsson has 1 Goal , 3 Assists , 32 FTP´s in 11 Games . 

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone
  • Upvote 1