The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF Is going on in BC???

MikeBossy

19 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Chasing their tails:picard: 

I'm not convinced they are up there.

Last confirmed sighting was before they found burned out Rav4.

What's saying they didn't already get a hold of a vehicle to move out of the area.

Just now, Shift-4 said:

I'm not convinced they are up there.

Last confirmed sighting was before they found burned out Rav4.

What's saying they didn't already get a hold of a vehicle to move out of the area.

They, or pieces of them, might also already be in the stomachs of polar or grizzly bears.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. A massive country that people can literally disappear into, which these two seemingly have done.

Still two skinny video game nerds who have been spotted and stopped multiple times have evaded capture in some of the most unforgiving, predator laden wilderness. The mosquitoes would have made me turn the gun on myself by now.

37 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Still two skinny video game nerds who have been spotted and stopped multiple times have evaded capture in some of the most unforgiving, predator laden wilderness. The mosquitoes would have made me turn the gun on myself by now.

Supposedly they looked into survivalist information for quite some time, but reading up on it is a lot different than living it, I agree.

I don't think they'll last too long in that wilderness, if they do decide to go on foot through the forest of Manitoba.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Supposedly they looked into survivalist information for quite some time, but reading up on it is a lot different than living it, I agree.

I don't think they'll last too long in that wilderness, if they do decide to go on foot through the forest of Manitoba.

Well if it was them in spotted at the dump, they likely followed the power lines to get to York Landing area. That was a big trek through barren wilderness.

Every watched Alone on History Channel? Even the most trained survivalists bail out after a few days...and these folks were decently prepared. But throw them into an unknown region and they crumble from starvation if they weren't sufficiently fattened up beforehand. These two dudes were about as fat as a pencil crayon. Despite their best efforts to evade capture, lack of food and water will either kill them or force them into public again.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RonMexico said:

Well if it was them in spotted at the dump, they likely followed the power lines to get to York Landing area. That was a big trek through barren wilderness.

Every watched Alone on History Channel? Even the most trained survivalists bail out after a few days...and these folks were decently prepared. But throw them into an unknown region and they crumble from starvation if they weren't sufficiently fattened up beforehand. These two dudes were about as fat as a pencil crayon. Despite their best efforts to evade capture, lack of food and water will either kill them or force them into public again.

I think I've seen a couple of episodes. And neither or those episodes were through wilderness with black flies and massive hungry mosquitoes. Not to mention half ton (some full ton) fully carnivorous polar bears.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Surely the power line route would have been staked out by authorities.

• Cheers 1

Wonder if they are getting any news...do they know the police thought they were spotted? or are they completely off the grid, knowing cell phone etc can be tracked?

Are the cops just saying the are leaving York Landing, in case the killers are watching and aware of the search efforts?

Lot's of people saying they wont make it out there, but some people do. We don't know squat about their plans, motivation or even preparedness.  I know it is highly unlikely that they will survive this, but they should not be underestimated. I don't care their age, if they have been training in the woods for the last couple years they could be well adapted. 

Heck, they may not be anywhere in the area.

As time ticks by, this feels more like they will be gone into Canadian folk lore....until their remains are one day found.

I wonder what the resources for the man hunt is costing? gotta be adding up.  How long until they call it off?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Wonder if they are getting any news...do they know the police thought they were spotted? or are they completely off the grid, knowing cell phone etc can be tracked?

Are the cops just saying the are leaving York Landing, in case the killers are watching and aware of the search efforts?

Lot's of people saying they wont make it out there, but some people do. We don't know squat about their plans, motivation or even preparedness.  I know it is highly unlikely that they will survive this, but they should not be underestimated. I don't care their age, if they have been training in the woods for the last couple years they could be well adapted. 

Heck, they may not be anywhere in the area.

As time ticks by, this feels more like they will be gone into Canadian folk lore....until their remains are one day found.

I wonder what the resources for the man hunt is costing? gotta be adding up.  How long until they call it off?

How can they call off a hunt for two men who kill randomly?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I assume they would always be looking, hoping for a tip.

But how long can this many resources be utilised? few more weeks? months?

I haven’t checked history.  It’s been a week.

You would think that they commit the current resource level for at least month.  Possibly scale it back after?

i have no idea.  

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I assume they would always be looking, hoping for a tip.

But how long can this many resources be utilised? few more weeks? months?

Well if they did indeed kill a cop's son, I think the police will keep the look going a lot longer I would think.

• Upvote 1