The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF Is going on in BC???

MikeBossy

Was a foot search...brush so thick you couldn't do arm in arm searching - no trails, etc.  They'd been doing a wide scale search until they found articles that helped pinpoint a more specific area that was extremely difficult terrain by the sound of it.

• Cheers 2

Such a sad story.... so many victims.... so many people hurting from their actions........

If you need mental health support .. reach out, there are always friends, family , coworkers or even government agencies that will support you.....

If you know anyone needing support... reach out and tell them you are there to listen / care. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Such a sad story.... so many victims.... so many people hurting from their actions........

If you need mental health support .. reach out, there are always friends, family , coworkers or even government agencies that will support you.....

If you know anyone needing support... reach out and tell them you are there to listen / care. 

Friends and family, yes....government agencies aren't really doing a bang up job though, so I wouldn't count on them too much.

That being said, it is a very sad story that leaves many suffering in its wake. The families of the victims, who were inexplicably and senselessly killed, to the families of the two, who have to not only mourn the loss of their children, but try to make sense of the carnage they committed.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Upvote 3

At least it’s over for the community of Gillam as they can go back to the quiet life they are used to rather then have this big RCMP force looking for two killers. However it is very sad as Blunt and Surrey said above. The questions and answers of the victims families will never be told or uncovered and that they have those thoughts linger on their consciences for the remainder of their lives. While the two suspects did have their fate sealed, many questions and true justice will never be answered. The search might be over but the pain for those family members involved will never be. 

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Eye witness testimony is a terrible form of evidence. Look at those claims in Ontario about the boys being seen there. lmao - they were nowhere near Ontario 

Especially the sighting in York Landing,  200 KM from Gillam.  A whole day and tons of resources wasting by looking into the claim of the Bear Clan Patrol seeing two guys at a garbage dump.  They were seen wearing the clothing shown in the video.  A guy in a T-Shirt in 5 degree temperature?  Not likely.

2 hours ago, RonMexico said:

Well this is the likeliest of the outcomes. Sadly it appears no closure for the families of their victims. Truth of why will never be known.

Often there is no answer unfortunately.  Not too surprising the end outcome.  It's one thing to "read about survival stuff"....it's another to experience in real life.  I don't know these two but it doesn't sound they had a ton of experience in 'toughing it out in the boonies'.  I doubt I myself would last 24 hours out there (being a 'city slicker').

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

Eye witness testimony is a terrible form of evidence. Look at those claims in Ontario about the boys being seen there. lmao - they were nowhere near Ontario 

It is the lowest form of evidence.

"I saw it!" Well, that's that, case closed...riiiiiight

2 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Murder-suicide between the two?

Seems logical given that both are found dead at the same place. Despair from being on the run, hungry, bugs feasting on you, seeing/hearing helicopters all around you  - would lead to wanting to end it all.

6 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

I hope they 100% verify the bodies are who they assume they are.

Would hate for innocents to be used as body doubles.  

I can't imagine there are a lot of 6 ft 4 inch white late teens doubles in the middle of nowhere.

Should be pretty  easy to identify.

• Upvote 3

What an absolutely tragic and senseless series of events.  

WTH are these idiots thinking who go on this sort of rampage?   I mean, you know it's not going to end well so why not save everyone the heartache and just off yourself instead?  Be more efficient and get straight to the point from the get go.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

What an absolutely tragic and senseless series of events.  

WTH are these idiots thinking who go on this sort of rampage?   I mean, you know it's not going to end well so why not save everyone the heartache and just off yourself instead?  Be more efficient and get straight to the point from the get go.

Yep.  Those who do those murder-suicides should really start off with the suicide part first.  

56 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Murder-suicide between the two?

I'd say hypothermia, direct physical evidence of gunshot wounds/knife wounds dont usually warrant an autopsy. There bodies were found close to the shoreline, about 1km away? They were likely soaking wet, and died in the night. It was pretty cold out up there.

• Upvote 2