The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF Is going on in BC???

MikeBossy

4 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Well if they did indeed kill a cop's son, I think the police will keep the look going a lot longer I would think.

Yeah, I wonder if any Aussies are unofficially helping out.

I'm just pointing out that we have the Army involved, lots of resources. If there are no leads in the next bit, I wonder weather they will scale it back and wait for any future tips to roll in. Eventually they will have to, just how long?

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah, I wonder if any Aussies are unofficially helping out.

I'm just pointing out that we have the Army involved, lots of resources. If there are no leads in the next bit, I wonder weather they will scale it back and wait for any future tips to roll in. Eventually they will have to, just how long?

At some point if there are no concrete sightings, they have to assume they died or have gone into deep hiding.

This reminds me of this story from the town I grew up in. I actually knew this guy from my time in a local martial arts club. Knew him in terms of he was in the club but knew nothing about him outside of that. I did however know all the guys killed and injured.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/wanted-man-who-fled-bc-city-16-years-ago-may-be-alive-rcmp/article16082122/

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Wonder if they are getting any news...do they know the police thought they were spotted? or are they completely off the grid, knowing cell phone etc can be tracked?

Are the cops just saying the are leaving York Landing, in case the killers are watching and aware of the search efforts?

Lot's of people saying they wont make it out there, but some people do. We don't know squat about their plans, motivation or even preparedness.  I know it is highly unlikely that they will survive this, but they should not be underestimated. I don't care their age, if they have been training in the woods for the last couple years they could be well adapted. 

Heck, they may not be anywhere in the area.

As time ticks by, this feels more like they will be gone into Canadian folk lore....until their remains are one day found.

I wonder what the resources for the man hunt is costing? gotta be adding up.  How long until they call it off?

I think at some point we have to ask ourselves if maybe these guys weren't more prepared than we first assumed.

When they headed out from BC, for what seemed like a dead end in Northern Manitoba, it seemed like a move borne of desperation. Gillam is literally the end of the line. But then, we had a credible report of them being spotted around York Landing. By far, the easiest way for them to make such a journey would have been by taking a boat down the Nelson River to Split Lake. (It was at the northern side of Split Lake on Highway 280 where they ran the police checkpoint, but were let go)

So the question is: Did they have a boat ready to go? Did they steal a boat? We didn't hear any reports of one being stolen, despite the fact that there is a Marina on Stephens Lake just past Gillam.

Then we have to ask: If they had a boat stashed, did they also have a car? This one seems less likely, since to leave by car, they would have to travel back along 280 (which is obviously being monitored) or north at the junction of 290, which basically goes nowhere. However, the Nelson river runs parallel to 290 and eventually empties into Hudson's Bay, so if they do have access to a boat, the chances of them being somewhere to the North and the East of the Gillam area become greater. IF they did manage that, they'd be far more difficult to find than if they're still somewhere around Stephens Lake / Gillam.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

There are only 2 possibilities:

1.  They escaped the Gillam North Manitoba area and could be anywhere in Canada.

2.  They are still in the Gillam area.

The number 2 scenario is most likely because the police has not received any reports of stolen vehicles.

If they are still in the Gillam area, how long can they survive in the harsh environment?   Suppose they brought  food and water with them.  It won't last forever.

Its a matter of time before they are found dead if they don't give themselves up.

1 minute ago, DonLever said:

1.  They escaped the Gillam North Manitoba area and could be anywhere in Canada.

The number 2 scenario is most likely because the police has not received any reports of stolen vehicles.

If they are still in the Gillam area, how long can they survive in the harsh environment?   Suppose they brought  food and water with them.  It won't last forever.

Its a matter of time before they are found dead if they don't give themselves up.

Don't rule out aliens!

1 hour ago, RonMexico said:

At some point if there are no concrete sightings, they have to assume they died or have gone into deep hiding.

This reminds me of this story from the town I grew up in. I actually knew this guy from my time in a local martial arts club. Knew him in terms of he was in the club but knew nothing about him outside of that. I did however know all the guys killed and injured.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/wanted-man-who-fled-bc-city-16-years-ago-may-be-alive-rcmp/article16082122/

I grew up there in the 80's and know some family of the deceased. They were apparently bullying Vermette, and he had had enough and snapped. This is what I have heard from people close to the situation.

GILLAM, Manitoba (NEWS 1130) – It’s been several days since two Vancouver Island men became suspects in the killings of three people in northern B.C., and yet the RCMP still has no idea where the pair is.

Teams in Manitoba have wound down their manhunt for Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod in the small community of York Landing, and they have ended door-to-door checking in Gillam, 90 kilometres away.

Their search so far has come up fruitless, and it appears the RCMP don’t even know if the two, aged 18 and 19, are still in Manitoba

At a news conference on Wednesday, Assistant Commissioner Jane MacLatchy said officers have searched more than 11,000 square kilometres of wilderness using the best technology available and have found no sign of Schmegelsky and McLeod. 

The RCMP is now scaling back the search in northern Manitoba.

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Just heard on the radio.

Too bad, obviously don't have any concrete leads. That said, these two would be recognised by almost everyone in Canada. They try to go anywhere near civilisation and they will be nabbed. 

doubtful that they are that recognizable, even in these small Manitoba towns people are not sure they saw them. Change of hair colour and coloured contact lens and they would look completely different.

What I do find interesting/strange is all the times some unknowing citizen, or cop for that matter, spends time with these two and does not get killed. Makes me wonder, why kill those other folk but not the people they have dealt with most recently?

1 minute ago, gurn said:

doubtful that they are that recognizable, even in these small Manitoba towns people are not sure they saw them. Change of hair colour and coloured contact lens and they would look completely different.

What I do find interesting/strange is all the times some unknowing citizen, or cop for that matter, spends time with these two and does not get killed. Makes me wonder, why kill those other folk but not the people they have dealt with most recently?

If the story is true about being helped out of gilam then the people that did so we’re more valuable alive.

11 minutes ago, gurn said:

I dunno, young 6'4 and skinny should stick out. I don't think I would miss their grins either. 

How many think they spotted them besides the Bear Clan dude?

The guy that helped them when their tire was stuck and the cop at the check point remembered them as soon as they had seen the images, said they were even wearing the same clothes.

I think they are either totally off the grid or moved on from Gillam a while ago.

Maybe it was a goose chase in the first place, to lead authorities to believe they disappeared into the bush.

Maybe they are held up somewhere trying to wait it out...

grr, I want them caught!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, DonLever said:

They could have went into the dense and unforgiving wilderness of northern Manitoba and ran into one of the many predatory animals there, and are now partially in the stomachs of those animals with the unconsumed remains hidden for consumption later.

Edited by PhillipBlunt

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

They could have went into the dense and unforgiving wilderness of northern Manitoba and ran into one of the many predatory animals there, and are now partially in the stomachs of those animals with the unconsumed remains hidden for consumption later.

Any animal takes a bite out of either of these 2 would spit em out.  These kids are rotten crap.    

They are in the bush hiding out...... but their days are numbered .  Boredom will set in and they will make a mistake.