The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Witcher Netflix Series

Junkyard Dog

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

It's funny to see them say it's based on a book, ala Game of Thrones, when the Witcher video games are most certainly the reason why we're getting the NetFlix adaptation.

Might as well go from the source material rather then something that was loosely adapted from the source material. 

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

It's funny to see them say it's based on a book, ala Game of Thrones, when the Witcher video games are most certainly the reason why we're getting the NetFlix adaptation.

The games made the Witcher series more mainstream.  The powers that be involved in the Netflix series have stated they are not re-doing the stories from the games.

https://www.thewrap.com/the-witcher-showrunner-says-netflix-series-will-never-adapt-the-video-games/

‘The Witcher’ Showrunner Says Netflix Series Will Never Adapt the Video Games

Comic-Con: Henry Cavill stars in fantasy series based on Andrzej Sapkowski’s novels

11 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

The issue here is the games are amazing. I look at this trailer and I am like that seems off. It just seems like cosplay to me. I'll watch it but it will have to be flawless for me to like it.

I think that’s smart not to go off the games. It gets rid of that sort of expectation. And the games aren’t exactly strongly adapted from the books. They kind of do their own thing with it. 

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think that’s smart not to go off the games. It gets rid of that sort of expectation. And the games aren’t exactly strongly adapted from the books. They kind of do their own thing with it. 

I agree they should stay away from the games. The games are near flawless imo. It's still a very high standard they have to deal with because of how good the games are.

Edited by peaches5

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I agree they should stay away from the games. The games are near flawless imo. It still a very high standard they have to deal with because of how good the games are.

Also shows and movies based off games don’t exactly do great for whatever reason. But IMO the books have more potential than the Witcher game as a show. They delve into a lot more stuff. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

50 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

It's actually pretty rare when they turn out good (ie., Mortal Kombat [1995])...these films based off a 'video game'.

Then there's the 'FMV' genre that for a short time seemed to be THE thing (decades ago).  Most of them were garbage...except for ones like: