The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) OTT-VAN

To Vancouver:

RW Bobby Ryan(31% retained = $5,000,000 AAV) 

To Ottawa:

LW Loui Eriksson 

LW Nikolay Goldobin 

Even though Ottawa is retaining a significant amount of salary they're still saving about USD$6.75 Million over the next three years. Melnyk is cheap and Ryan is Ottawa's highest paid player. Ryan is a better performer than Eriksson and he's a right handed shot. Ryan would probably fit in nicely on line 2 with Pearson and Horvat. I think he can still put up 50 points if he's on the right line and playing with the right players. Goldobin is still a good young player obviously I'd rather not trade him as he makes coming to Vancouver more attractive for Tryamkin and Podkolzin but he just isn't good enough to play in the top 6 for the Canucks. The Senators on the other hand might be able to accommodate Goldobin's wish to play top 6 hockey. 

What do you think of this deal? 

1 hour ago, sonoman said:

Seems to me this has been proposed a few times this summer.  If math is correct, contact expires 1 year earlier than LE?  Maybe be OK.  

Same length of time but without Eriksson's character issues.  Ottawa ends up spending a lot less actual cash with this trade, which should save Melnyk a trip to the soup kitchen.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Same length of time but without Eriksson's character issues.  Ottawa ends up spending a lot less actual cash with this trade, which should save Melnyk a trip to the soup kitchen.

I turned 60 this year, or was it 59? Anyway, I can’t count anymore :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WCE said:

What if we did

Eriksson, Tanev and rights to Boeser 

for 

Ryan, Hainsey, 1st rd 2020 ( lowest of the 2 top 5 protected), 1st 2021, 2nd in 2020 & 2021 

Teams cannot trade players they just signed as free agency. It's bad for optics. This isn't the NBA

We still need Tanev

Boeser is a core player for our team going forward. 

15 minutes ago, BPA said:

Doesn't matter.  LE says no.

:sadno:

Eriksson can either waive to go to Ottawa or he can ride the bus with Utica :)