The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

4 minutes ago, Nail said:

For those of you that are currently not apart of our league Discord channel, I highly recommend you do so especially as we head into the offseason. It is a very easy way of communication and is preferred over PMs by many GMs. Invite Link: https://discord.gg/22UBqpR )

I concur. Makes for far more interesting convos.

• Cheers 1

We have a trade to announce...

To DAL - CHI 2020 1st Round Pick (13th overall), MTL 2021 2nd Round Pick, Future Considerations

To NJD - DAL 2020 1st Round Pick (8th overall)

FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS: If Montreal does not place in the bottom 10 in the 2020-21 season (CDCFL), New Jersey will transfer NJD 2022 5th Round Pick to Dallas.

• Upvote 2

Pleasure doing business once again Dak. Hurts giving up a high 2nd rounder next year but we feel more confident in our ability to identify talent in the top of this year's class. We could be convinced to move our newly acquired 1st but it would require something of significance to do it. NJ's 2021 and 2022 1st(s) will not be made available under any normal circumstance. (unless you are offering a McDavid or Eichel level talent) We may look to move up further but we are content at 8th if that is where we are destined to pick.

2020 Picks in NJ's possession: 

small.png DAL 2020 1st Round Pick (8th overall)

small.png MTL 2020 2nd Round Pick (32nd overall)

small.png BUF 2020 2nd Round Pick (TBD overall)

small.png EDM 2020 2nd Round Pick (TBD overall)

small.png VAN 2020 3rd Round Pick (TBD overall)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

96676761408c580dccf7f2c896d4eb42.png

Here's where things stand heading into tonight.

Hopefully we see some of these series' extended so not all of them end in 5, but in the case that all do, that means our Entry Draft thread may be posted as early as Wednesday. 

Also, mentioned this on Discord as well, but if teams could notify me of their decision of who they are using their compliance buyout on, that would be well appreciated. I currently have the buyout for 8 teams, will announce all of these in waves of 10.

• Cheers 2

On 8/27/2020 at 8:52 PM, Nail said:

(For those of you that are currently not apart of our league Discord channel, I highly recommend you do so especially as we head into the offseason. It is a very easy way of communication and is preferred over PMs by many GMs. Invite Link: https://discord.gg/22UBqpR )

100%. Personally I'm on discord more often than CDC these days. 

• Cheers 1

WAIVERS: NJ waives Braydon Coburn with the intention of assigning him to the Binghamton Devils.

Need to make room for the youth. Will give him a chance at training camp if he isn't claimed. Cheap contract if you need a playoff D. 

Edited by Rush17

On The Block:

Joel Eriksson Ek
Eetu Luostarinen
Ryan Dzingel
Cody Eakin
Mark Giordano
Justin Schultz
Zach Bogosian

- Willing to let Schultz go for very cheap if you are interested in his upside. Asking for an average prospect with some potential nhl upside. Former 3rd or 4th round prospect or something.

- Can offer retention on Gio if interested.

Would like to see discord end up more active (including myself) soon. In the meantime, posting this here.

My defence just got even stronger with the addition of a stallion. So, the below guys are all available. Not all will be traded, but certainly taking calls.

Keith Yandle

Matt Dumba

Jaccob Slavin

Rasmus Andersson

Alec Martinez

Henri Jokiharju

Justin Holl

Chris Tanev

Edmonton has a commanding 45 point lead on Vancouver as of this morning. 

That 17th oa pick is looking pretty sweet right now. Gulp. I think we are sunk for this playoff voyage....Help me Guri Wan Klingbergi, you're my only hope!

Oddly enough, if anyone can come back 45 points in a day it is Klingberg and Gurianov combining for points: but even that is too much to ask. I guess if my guys score a lot but don't win the game..that could save me, but I should practice my after series "social distanced" hand shake me thinks...

• Cheers 1

Calgary Roster moves:

Recall: Jesperi Kotkaneimi, Erik Brannstrom

Release to UFA: Jay Beagle, Alex Biega, Justin Abdelkader, Ty Rattie, Cory Conacher, Tanner Frtiz 

Release to UFA as per Buyout: Wayne Simmonds

OTB: Robby Fabbri, Jan Rutta  (Looking for picks in return.  Likely more on the block closer to the start of next season)

Edited by Kobayashi Maru

Unsigned Prospect Prospectus, a retrospective of Vancouver's young unsigned guns. With the cap crunch era upon us, like every team no doubt, Vancouver is looking at inexpensive options to fill the gaps next season. Today we look at the teenagers who are going to be superstars in just a few short years time. 

Matthew Robertson - 47 points in 60 games with the Oil Kings

the Oil Kings blueliner has been one of the team’s most all-around valuable players in an effort that has them atop the WHL. While Robertson’s focus may have shifted from draft boosting production, the raw skills that make him a good NHL prospect remain on a healthy trajectory. A deep run into the WHL playoffs and possibly even the Memorial Cup could instill a deeper desire to win in the 18-year-old (now 19 year old)

Nathan Legare - 71 points in 61 games!

...can work well on the power-play, having scored 14 power-play goals this season. He ended up finishing the year with 35 goals and 36 assists for 71 total points in 61 games played with the Baie-Comeau Drakkar.

Shane Pinto 28 points in 33 games in NCAA University of North Dakota system, but 7 points in 5 games at the World Juniors!!

January 2020 – Shane Pinto was among the most impactful forwards for the Americans at the World Junior Championships. He finished with four goals and three assists over just five games. While the U.S. team finished a disappointing sixth at the event, Pinto was among the few players that didn’t disappoint.

March 2020 – The NCHC announced their awards for the season with the COVID-19 virus forcing the cancellation of the rest of the college season and Pinto was named the NCHC Rookie of the Year.

Kaedan Korczak - 49 points from the blueline in 19-20, just 60 games too. 

• Korczak is such a smart player. He’s shown that he is fully capable of being a two-way contributor and his shot rate is right up there. This is a guy who was mostly a “play it safe” defender last season who you can now see making end-to-end rushes at times. 

Adam Beckman - 107 points in 63 games played in the Dub!

March 2020 – Beckman recently signed his ELC with the Wild after leading the entire WHL in scoring with 107 points in 2019-20. Minnesota’s third round selection in last year’s draft, Beckman’s offensive explosion this year suggests that there could be a future top-six winger laying in waiting. An intelligent sniper with a wicked release, Beckman was only two markers away from tallying 50 goals for the Spokane Chiefs and has significant upside as an NHL scorer. The 18-year-old is expected to return to Spokane for the 2020-21 season. Sam Happi

Tomorrow< SIGNED prospects! (Alex Formenton, Jason Robertson, Logan Brown, Adin Hill and Ian Scott....

Edited by Primal Optimist

On 8/22/2020 at 1:46 AM, Master Mind said:

Good series @kj29, I'm happy to defeat Markstrom, while seeing him move on in real life.

Licensed_CLP_Banner_WinnipegJets.jpg

Jets Round of 8 Roster

Carrier  - Miller - Kucherov

Johnston - Bellemare -  Wagner

Graves - Clifton

Fleury

Lagace

Good luck @Down by the River, I've lost a lot of depth, but maybe JT can light Lehner up so much they put Fleury in the rest of the series.

Will we see Flower tonight? Your prediction may have come true! 

• Cheers 1

2818dbb1bb663fe63997f3d791bbe04c.png

Anything can happen, but it looks like the Oilers, Rangers and Hurricanes will be moving onto Round 3.

Winnipeg and Los Angeles are heading into their own game 7, with Winnipeg icing Ross Johnston to defend a 5 point lead against Brock Nelson, Devon Toews and Connor Bunnaman.

• Like 1