The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will You Marry Me?

Maginator

8 minutes ago, Deemusalami said:

Haha I know someone that had their ring put aside without their boyfriend knowing. She told him about it and practically forced him into “proposing to her”. He finally agreed when she said she would let him paint a confederate flag on his truck if they got engaged. Worst part is I am not making this up. Let’s just say it didn’t last too long. 

Were they both oilers or  Flames fans.... ? Sounds like it. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Sure if you buy in to the massive wedding in which case most likely the money is there.

or you can get married on a beach in front of 11 people.::D

Actually.

One of my favorite weddings I've covered recently involved an intimate party of about 14 people.  Immediate family and MoH/Best Man.

A week later they had literally 300+ people show up to a massive drunk and bbq in the park as a way of celebration.  They had a canoe full of wine it was awesome.  The end result of a ceremony is that a couple is choosing to share that moment with the people that matter, the celebration is what they choose to share with their world

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Actually.

One of my favorite weddings I've covered recently involved an intimate party of about 14 people.  Immediate family and MoH/Best Man.

A week later they had literally 300+ people show up to a massive drunk and bbq in the park as a way of celebration.  They had a canoe full of wine it was awesome.  The end result of a ceremony is that a couple is choosing to share that moment with the people that matter, the celebration is what they choose to share with their world

Totally.  Sounds awesome.  That was our plan too - a big party at a later date but unfortunately there just wasn’t funds for that back then.

you'll appreciate that I met our photographer randomly while camping in northern Vancouver island.

things work out some times.

7 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Nothing says romance like asking her /him to sign a Pre Nup contract.......

Well if the person I was with got upset at the idea of a prenup because it isn’t  “romantic” it’s a pretty solid indicator they’re not for me.

• Upvote 1