The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ICBC Excessive Speeding Prohibition

Thirty Niner

7 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So why do cars need brake lights then? By that logic you're trying to say we don't need them to inform vehicles behind us that we're slowing down..... 

I used to drive a couple vehicles with manual and I could almost come to a complete stop without using my brakes, it's not that hard.

I have no idea what you're saying about my logic meaning we don't need brake lights? 

Yeah you can almost stop by down shifting, but not that fast without screwing your car up lol. If you think that's suddenly you're way too close lol

3 hours ago, inane said:

I have no idea what you're saying about my logic meaning we don't need brake lights? 

Yeah you can almost stop by down shifting, but not that fast without screwing your car up lol. If you think that's suddenly you're way too close lol

Going back to your original comment and you purposely slowing down to slow someone down by not braking, and if they rear end you and it's on camera and you did this without using your brake lights to inform the car behind you that you were slowing down, you're just as much at fault. This is why cars have brake lights, to let drivers know your slowing down so they don't rear end you, but in you mind people should just automatically know the vehicle infront of you is slowing down when not using you're brake lights, so in your mind cars don't need brake lights drivers should just guess when the car infront of them is slowing down.

18 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Going back to your original comment and you purposely slowing down to slow someone down by not braking, and if they rear end you and it's on camera and you did this without using your brake lights to inform the car behind you that you were slowing down, you're just as much at fault. This is why cars have brake lights, to let drivers know your slowing down so they don't rear end you, but in you mind people should just automatically know the vehicle infront of you is slowing down when not using you're brake lights, so in your mind cars don't need brake lights drivers should just guess when the car infront of them is slowing down.

No. This isn't true. You are at fault for not leaving sufficient space to react to the person in front of you. Whether or not they down shift or use the brakes or their feet flintstones style is irrelevant.

It's not and never been my position that cars don't need brake lights? The whole brake light thing was brought up by you, I never made any brake light argument.

Bottom line. You need to drive safely and at a distance from the car in front of you so that should they need to slow down for whatever reason you have sufficient time to react. If you're tailgating and don't have time to react, that's 100% your fault. 

33 minutes ago, inane said:

No. This isn't true. You are at fault for not leaving sufficient space to react to the person in front of you. Whether or not they down shift or use the brakes or their feet flintstones style is irrelevant.

It's not and never been my position that cars don't need brake lights? The whole brake light thing was brought up by you, I never made any brake light argument.

Bottom line. You need to drive safely and at a distance from the car in front of you so that should they need to slow down for whatever reason you have sufficient time to react. If you're tailgating and don't have time to react, that's 100% your fault. 

You made it clear on the other page no matter what the guy who rear ends you is 100% at fault, but that's not true especially if the car infront of you doesn't use their brake lights and purposely slows down, it's then 50/50, and if you don't think that's right then you obviously don't believe cars should have brake lights then, because you then believe the driver behind should automatically know when a driver is slowing down but just looking at it, that's why cars have brake lights to inform the driver behind them, hence why you will get a ticket if you're brake lights aren't working.

Even if you're tailgating them, it's 50/50 if the person infront purposely slows down without using their brakes to cause an accident, you're both in the wrong then. But if that car brakes or has to slow down or come to a stop because of a situation, then yes the guy tailgating is 100% at fault.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

5 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

You made it clear on the other page no matter what the guy who rear ends you is 100% at fault, but that's not true especially if the car infront of you doesn't use their brake lights and purposely slows down, it's then 50/50, and if you don't think that's right then you obviously don't believe cars should have brake lights then, because you then believe the driver behind should automatically know when a driver is slowing down but just looking at it, that's why cars have brake lights to inform the driver behind them, hence why you will get a ticket if you're brake lights aren't working.

Even if you're tailgating them, it's 50/50 if the person infront purposely slows down without using their brakes to cause an accident, you're both in the wrong then. But if that car brakes or has to slow down or come to a stop because of a situation, then yes the guy tailgating is 100% at fault.

You're on about this 'purposely slows down' thing, how would you ever prove that one way or another. It's irrelevant. 

Just don't tailgate lol

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

It definitely will show if the car infront was using his brakes or not, to tell if they purposely were trying to cause an accident or not, not sure how you wouldn't figure that one out...

lol who are these mythical people trying to cause crashes by slowing down without using their brakes so fast that it causes you to crash into them? lol

19 minutes ago, inane said:

lol who are these mythical people trying to cause crashes by slowing down without using their brakes so fast that it causes you to crash into them? lol

If you're driving on a road with a speed limit of say 80 Km/h, and the car infront drops down even 20 km/h less say 60 km/h without warning without using his brake lights to inform the vehicle behind him, even if that vehicle is giving the proper distance, are you not aware how fast that car behind who's going 80 km/h can now approach the car infront that is going 60 Km/h, it could now be right on that cars bumper. Now the car that was going 80 is literally now on the bumper of that car which forces him to slam on his brakes maybe even swerve left or right to avoid a collision, or maybe even rear end him, but even if the car brakes fast enough to prevent himself from rear ending that car, what about the other vehicles now behind the guy who was going 80. Those vehicles are probably going 80 as well and then they have to slow down to an ever lesser speed then the other vehicle who had to slam on his brakes first, it then turns into a chain reaction, but it all could of been prevented in the first place if driver just used his brakes to inform the other vehicle behind he was slowing down instead. 

I just don't understand why vehicles can't apply the brakes if they slowing down or possibly going to be stopping soon, especially when going below the speed limit so they can inform the vehicle behind them and make it safer for everyone involved. Sometimes the vehicle behind just can't see what's going on infront of the big vehicle infront of them, so instead not waiting until the last second to just slam on the brakes to stop give them a light tap or something to inform the vehicle behind you that you're slowing down, just like using your turn signals before making a turn, inform the vehicle behind you on what you're doing, why is this so hard to comprehend?

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

It definitely will show if the car infront was using his brakes or not, to tell if they purposely were trying to cause an accident or not, not sure how you wouldn't figure that one out...

You know, maybe you shouldn't be driving at all. Why? Because you are not only wrong, but persistently so. Try to prove in a court of law that the actions of the driver in front of you "deliberately tried to cause you to crash into him". You would be laughed out of every court in the free world. 

Inane said it clearly and simply:  Don't tailgate. Don't race up behind someone who is going slower than you and try to intimidate them into changing lanes. You are an aggressive driver who seems to believe that because you want to go faster than the traffic, that everyone should get out of your way. You are wrong, but I repeat myself.

36 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

If you're driving on a road with a speed limit of say 80 Km/h, and the car infront drops down even 20 km/h less say 60 km/h without warning without using his brake lights to inform the vehicle behind him, even if that vehicle is giving the proper distance, are you not aware how fast that car behind who's going 80 km/h can now approach the car infront that is going 60 Km/h, it could now be right on that cars bumper. Now the car that was going 80 is literally now on the bumper of that car which forces him to slam on his brakes maybe even swerve left or right to avoid a collision, or maybe even rear end him, but even if the car brakes fast enough to prevent himself from rear ending that car, what about the other vehicles now behind the guy who was going 80. Those vehicles are probably going 80 as well and then they have to slow down to an ever lesser speed then the other vehicle who had to slam on his brakes first, it then turns into a chain reaction, but it all could of been prevented in the first place if driver just used his brakes to inform the other vehicle behind he was slowing down instead. 

I just don't understand why vehicles can't apply the brakes if they slowing down or possibly going to be stopping soon, especially when going below the speed limit so they can inform the vehicle behind them and make it safer for everyone involved. Sometimes the vehicle behind just can't see what's going on infront of the big vehicle infront of them, so instead not waiting until the last second to just slam on the brakes to stop give them a light tap or something to inform the vehicle behind you that you're slowing down, just like using your turn signals before making a turn, inform the vehicle behind you on what you're doing, why is this so hard to comprehend?

No one is arguing don't use brakes lol.

You're fabricating this theoretical boogey man that is out there trying to get you to crash into them, I don't get it. 

16 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

You know, maybe you shouldn't be driving at all. Why? Because you are not only wrong, but persistently so. Try to prove in a court of law that the actions of the driver in front of you "deliberately tried to cause you to crash into him". You would be laughed out of every court in the free world. 

Inane said it clearly and simply:  Don't tailgate. Don't race up behind someone who is going slower than you and try to intimidate them into changing lanes. You are an aggressive driver who seems to believe that because you want to go faster than the traffic, that everyone should get out of your way. You are wrong, but I repeat myself.

Lol you think I do this everywhere, which is not the case as to why I stated on the highway only, because it's not mandatory to be in the right lane on city streets. It's not like a hit the gas harder to catch up to them as fast as I can lol, I'm gradually catching up to them where they have had PLENTY and I repeat PLENTY of opportunity to move over before I have gotten close to them, I'm sorry but if you're going to be that stubborn of a driver and not move over still, I will be on your butt, MOVE OVER IF YOU'RE NOT PASSING ANYONE.

11 minutes ago, inane said:

No one is arguing don't use brakes lol.

You're fabricating this theoretical boogey man that is out there trying to get you to crash into them, I don't get it. 

I'll put it in simple form for you, if you're planning on slowing down or possibly stopping up ahead, us your brakes as you approach, don't use your engine brakes to gradually slow down and stop at the last possible second.

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'll put it in simple form for you, if you're planning on slowing down or possibly stopping up ahead, us your brakes as you approach, don't use your engine brakes to gradually slow down and stop at the last possible second.

Don’t tailgate. 

19 hours ago, aGENT said:

You're being just as much of a (passive) aggressive problem as he is. Don't act like you've got the high ground here.

Last time I checked following car too closely might cause and accident and falls under reckless endangerment.

My aim is to get the tailgater off my “rear end” and prevent an accident.

I never insinuated that I have some high ground, that is just you assuming things.

Edited by CBH1926