The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

How is your Heritage Fund . doing......  Oh yeah i forgot  that Conservatives killed your heritage fund... Thanks for reminding me.

Actually that was Pierre Trudeau who killed that.

How are BCs massive taxes and debt? Oh ya BC libs and Ndp thanks for reminding me

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually that was Pierre Trudeau who killed that.

How are BCs massive taxes and debt? Oh ya BC libs and Ndp thanks for reminding me

Typical Albertan - all Salty and takes no personal responsibility for your boom and bust economy and lack of savings / investments made during the boom times..

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Umm no Pierre nearly killed Alberta. Investments? We have the best of everything. 

Blaming PET for all your provinces poor finances and your failure to save oil revenues in your Heritage fund

Blaming BCers for not wanting  your toxic pipeline and potential bitumen sludge  spills into our beautiful  harbour

Blaming Canadians for your non diversified boom and bust alberta economy as Calgary fails as a major city to attract businesses 

Blaming Liberals for your pipeline that seems to be now approved but slowly  going through first nations approval / environmental approvals.

Blaming Alberta NDP party for you provinces economic failures that have been accomplished by successive Conservative mismanagement

Salty Albertans just being Albertans.... Keep doing what you guys do in Alberta.  Would you like some cheese to go with all your  ......

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, gurn said:

could you please show me where he lied?

Didn't he vow to challenge it all the way. Politicly it's smart for him, he looked tough on the environment but in reality he wants the money and he realizes oil by rail is far worse for the environment than a pipeline so he is supporting cutting emissions. 

13 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

You guys have more debt per capita than BC and growing faster too :ph34r:

Lol I love how you play the per capita. :lol:

Anyway ya Jk and TT will have to find more cuts to balance the budget because to rack up debt to pay down the deficit is the Notley alleged plan. Actually it was what the NDP did in BC where they doubled the debt in the 90s. 

Robbing peter to pay Paul.

Edited by Ryan Strome

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lol I love how you play the per capita. :lol:

Anyway ya Jk and TT will have to find more cuts to balance the budget because to rack up debt to pay down the deficit is the Notley alleged plan. Actually it was what the NDP did in BC where they doubled the debt in the 90s. 

Robbing peter to pay Paul.

Those cuts are exacerbated by Kenney's tax cuts which, again, never pay for themselves like voodoo economics zombies proclaim.  

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Blaming PET for all your provinces poor finances and your failure to save oil revenues in your Heritage fund

Blaming BCers for not wanting  your toxic pipeline and potential bitumen sludge  spills into our beautiful  harbour

Blaming Canadians for your non diversified boom and bust alberta economy as Calgary fails as a major city to attract businesses 

Blaming Liberals for your pipeline that seems to be now approved but slowly  going through first nations approval / environmental approvals.

Blaming Alberta NDP party for you provinces economic failures that have been accomplished by successive Conservative mismanagement

Salty Albertans just being Albertans.... Keep doing what you guys go in Alberta.  Would you live some cheese to go with all your  ......

Enjoy the BLACK GOLD!! KOS!!

Horgan is on board, JT is on board, I'm on board, I'm voting Justin. :frantic::ph34r::picard:

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Those cuts are exacerbated by Kenney's tax cuts which, again, never pay for themselves like voodoo economics zombies proclaim.  

We need to attract more companies to put head offices back here we have lost many downturn corporate companies because the ndp government raised corporate taxes on companies while they were bleeding money. That being said I don't want it any lower than the 8% it will be at. 

Jason Kenney will be on CBC after the commercials. 

Kenney is impressing me.

Edit**** I'm no longer impressed I'm sick of him calling it "Canadian energy."

Oh I'm impressed again. Ya!!

Sticking up for Scheer.:picard:

Give him 7/10

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Jason Kenney will be on CBC after the commercials. 

He sounds like a typical Conservative WINNER......

He studied philosophy at the University of San Francisco, a Jesuit university in San Francisco, California, but failed to complete coursework. During his time in San Francisco, he was interviewed by CNN, for a segment exploring "religious values". In the segment, he was credited as "Jason Kenny – Anti-abortion Activist".[7] He argued against Jesuit professors, including Rev. John Clarke, who declared free speech essential to a university. Allowing pro-choice activists on campus, Kenney argued in the CNN interview, was "destroying the mission and the purpose of this university". In the student newspaper, he suggested that if the school gave a platform to pro-choice groups in the name of free speech, it would have no basis to refuse a similar platform to pedophiles or to the Church of Satan.[8]

The archbishop rejected the petition that summer, and Kenney never returned to finish his undergraduate philosophy degree.[9] He left university without graduating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Kenney#Early_life_and_career

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

You and those who upvoted this are essentially admitting your premier is a liar. I already knew he was. Let's be honest he needs the money. The tax and spend ndp need money somehow and their is nothing left to tax in BC. Does he really want to continue to add billions to BCs debt every year? Nevertheless nice to see him on board. Somewhere in Surrey kos is having a meltdown, he has been played by JT and Horgan.:lol:

hey I didn't for for the guy :lol: 

2 hours ago, Violator said:

Idealism takes a backseat when you have to pay bills and balance the budget.

yup.

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

@Jimmy McGill I was hoping you would comment..

"You can't make a choice between what's good for the environment and what's good for the economy," Trudeau said. "We can't shut down the oilsands tomorrow. We need to phase them out. We need to manage the transition off of our dependence on fossil fuels.

"That is going to take time. And in the meantime, we have to manage that transition."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/justin-trudeau-oilsands-phase-out-1.3934701

He's not wrong. People just don't agree on when. Unless of course we come up with a real, mega-scale carbon capture system and then its burn baby burn. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

hey I didn't for for the guy :lol: 

yup.

"You can't make a choice between what's good for the environment and what's good for the economy," Trudeau said. "We can't shut down the oilsands tomorrow. We need to phase them out. We need to manage the transition off of our dependence on fossil fuels.

"That is going to take time. And in the meantime, we have to manage that transition."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/justin-trudeau-oilsands-phase-out-1.3934701

He's not wrong. People just don't agree on when. Unless of course we come up with a real, mega-scale carbon capture system and then its burn baby burn. 

That's a real possibility. 

How does @kingofsurreyfeel about?