The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EKL Fantasy Keeper League 2019-20 season

Primal Optimist

39 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

@D-MoneyYou are currently compliant without sending down Myers however Vatanen is still on IR for your club, arrived to you on IR.

WHen he is healthy you will have to send someone down. Up to you if you want to do that as of This morning with this grace period or wait? 

We’ll leave him in I/R for now, and keep Myers up. Thanks!

I will get everything in order today, quite the deadline fleury, wow. Still had a great day yesterday, it is something that isn't said much in social media/forums but thank you all for spending some of your valuable time here. I find this a bit therapeutic and so I would also like to thank you for helping me build a routine that is valuable to me. You are all appreciated folks. We couldn't possibly play this without each other, and a little two way respect in all our social media would go a long way to making the world more fun for everyone. Cheers.

That being said: I think what Arizona ended up doing last night was our best attempt at going for it!

IN to the room:

Nico Hischier, Eric Staal, Casey Cizikas, Anton Stralman, Bouwmeester, Mecchione, Norlinder, a 2nd 2020

OUT of the room:

Alexander Nylander, Brian Dumoulin, 2 x 1sts and a 3rd: possible 4th

Oddly enough I really like the idea still this morning and I am real happy to wake up with this roster set till playoff time. It was a tough negotiation that went on right to the last second for Hischier, and while he isn't a "rental" nor is he likely on a playoff team at all, but we believe in him for the long haul and when Ottawa decided to shop him, we worked hard for him. Sad to say goodbye to such a great talent as Alex Nylander, this was strictly a business side decision, as I remain a fan! 

Cheers all, the next while I am going to run the league quietly almost daily, as usual, and will take a rest for some weeks before finishing up the team sheets by the end of the season. All is well and we have an Executive Hiring announcement that I am excited to share on the first of the month! stay tuned!

• Cheers 2

2020/2021 Winnipeg Jets!

Jonathan Huberdeau - XXX - Patrik Laine

Alex DeBrincat - XXX - Nick Foligno

Cam Atkinson - Jack Roslovic - Andrew Shaw

Artturi Lehkonen - Adrian Kempe - Ivan Barbashev

Sam Steel - Joe Veleno

XXX - XXX

Brayden McNabb - XXX

Ben Hutton - Troy Stecher

Thatcher Demko

Jake Allen

With about 30 million to spend on D and C. 

• Cheers 1

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 2:42 PM, Primal Optimist said:

To @D-Money @Monty small.png : Joonas Donskoi

To @Brock Botanen small.png : Taro Hirose, MIN 2nd 2020

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 9:45 PM, Primal Optimist said:

To @Art Vandelay small.png : Mackenzie MacEachern, SJS 5th 2020

To @D-Money @Monty small.png : Justin Williams ( 2.5m retained by TOR ) 

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 10:25 AM, Primal Optimist said:

To @D-Money @Monty small.png : "BIG Z" Zdeno Chara, Matt Nieto

To @Canuck Surfer small.png : Leo Komarov, Jay O'Brien, MIN 5th 2020

23 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

To @D-Money @Monty small.png : Brian Dumoulin

To @Primal Optimist small.png : Eric Staal, Mattias Norlinder

21 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

To @D-Money @Monty small.png : Sami Vatanen, Nick Shore 

To @Gally @Miroki small.png : MIN 2nd 2021

Minnesota Wild - Deadline Weekend Wrap-up

Wow, that was a busy deadline for the team. We explored a lot of different possibilities, and made a number of offers. Overall, we're really happy with the additions, and the sum total what we had to give up to get them.

We were tempted at times to move one of our top prospects (Turcotte, Bouchard, Bowers, Beecher, Barre-Boulet), or our 1st round picks - especially after seeing a certain Western rival freely "gambling" with them. But we still have all of them still in the system. And the team we have assembled has some fantastic depth (particularly at D) - we should be a favourite to win in the playoffs:

Max Pacioretty - William Karlsson - Viktor Arvidsson

Jake Debrusk - Charlie Coyle - Bryan Rust

Alex Killorn - Lars Eller - Joonas Donskoi

Matt Nieto - Robert Thomas - Justin Williams

Ilya Mikheyev, Austin Watson, Nick Shore

Victor Hedman - Dougie Hamilton

Miro Heiskanen - Colton Parayko

Ian Cole - Brian Dumoulin

Zdeno Chara, Sami Vatanen, Matt Grzelcyk, Philippe Myers :lol:

Philipp Grubauer

Joonas Korpisalo

Potential Call-ups: Michael Stone, Shane Bowers, Alex Barre-Boulet, Kyle Capobianco, Adam Johnson, Ivan Prosvetov

(*Both Hamilton and Dumoulin are on I/R, and not expected to be cleared to play until after the playoffs have started. However, if by some miracle both them are activated early, we will still have sufficient cap space by sending down our waiver-ineligible players, and waiving an additional player.)

Edited by D-Money
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Jackets Roster 

Kyle Connor - Teuvo Teravainen - William Nylander

Filip Forsberg - Ryan Dzingel - Kaapo Kakko

Milan Lucic - Yanni Gourde - Brandon Tanev

Blake Comeau - Blake Lizotte - David Kampf

Aleksi Saarela - Joey Anderson

Will Butcher* - Ryan Graves 

Marcus Pettersson - Mirco Mueller 

Kurtis MacDermid - Sami Niku

David Rittich

James Reimer* 

IR : Joakim Nygard , Jusso Valimaki 

*Injured ...no timetable yet

6 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Minnesota Wild - Deadline Weekend Wrap-up

Wow, that was a busy deadline for the team. We explored a lot of different possibilities, and made a number of offers. Overall, we're really happy with the additions, and the sum total what we had to give up to get them.

We were tempted at times to move one of our top prospects (Turcotte, Bouchard, Bowers, Beecher, Barre-Boulet), or our 1st round picks - especially after seeing a certain Western rival freely "gambling" with them. But we still have all of them still in the system. And the team we have assembled has some fantastic depth (particularly at D) - we should be a favourite to win in the playoffs:

Max Pacioretty - William Karlsson - Viktor Arvidsson

Jake Debrusk - Charlie Coyle - Bryan Rust

Alex Killorn - Lars Eller - Joonas Donskoi

Matt Nieto - Robert Thomas - Justin Williams

Ilya Mikheyev, Austin Watson, Nick Shore

Victor Hedman - Dougie Hamilton

Miro Heiskanen - Colton Parayko

Ian Cole - Brian Dumoulin

Zdeno Chara, Sami Vatanen, Matt Grzelcyk, Philippe Myers :lol:

Philipp Grubauer

Joonas Korpisalo

Potential Call-ups: Michael Stone, Shane Bowers, Alex Barre-Boulet, Kyle Capobianco, Adam Johnson, Ivan Prosvetov

(*Both Hamilton and Dumoulin are on I/R, and not expected to be cleared to play until after the playoffs have started. However, if by some miracle both them are activated early, we will still have sufficient cap space by sending down our waiver-ineligible players, and waiving an additional player.)

sick 

tampa-bay-lightning-playoff-tickets.png

Quiet deadline in Tampa, but we did most of our trading early in the season. Potential max playoff lineup:

Nelson - Eichel - Rantanen

Lemieux - Hayes - Granlund

Hagelin - Bozak - Hathaway

Carrier - Jankowski - Copp

Josi - Giordano

McCabe - Klefbom

Polak - Fabbro

Clifton

Vasilevskiy

Ullmark

Have Barrie and Soucy that could also get in. Would mean the Canucks miss sadly. Sabres have no business having a shot at playoffs but could leapfrog the Leafs.

• Huggy Bear 1

veg_comp.gif

Alex Ovechkin - Connor McDavid - Andrei Svechnikov

Jake Guentzel* - Ryan O'Reilly - Roope Hintz

Dominik Kubalik - Ryan Getzlaf - Andrew Mangiapane

Oskar Lindblom* - Sam Bennett - Cedric Paquette

Tomas Nosek, Pierre Engvall, Carter Verhaeghe, Josh Leivo*, Alexandre Texier*

Quinn Hughes - Cale Makar

Darnell Nurse - Torey Krug

Esa Lindell - Adam Fox

Brandon Carlo, Nick Holden

Braden Holtby

Igor Shesterkin*/Elvis Merzlikins*

*currently injured but expected back for the playoffs

• Upvote 1

Earlier in the season Stamkos, GM of the Islanders was reported to me as long time absent and showing as not even being an account in CDC. I opted to give him some time to sort out his issues, due to having at least one other vacancy to fill at the time. Just after the deadline it was reported again and I have done what I can to figure it out. 

As there is no way to play this game if you don't have an active CDC account, Stamkos is ...

image.jpeg.16d21506010d11d863065acd55d4884d.jpeg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFired.

The New York Islanders are now VACANT in addition to the Edmonton OIlers. I plan to fill these two teams before the end of the season, and one perhaps before the end of February. Cheers.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

Earlier in the season Stamkos, GM of the Islanders was reported to me as long time absent and showing as not even being an account in CDC. I opted to give him some time to sort out his issues, due to having at least one other vacancy to fill at the time. Just after the deadline it was reported again and I have done what I can to figure it out. 

As there is no way to play this game if you don't have an active CDC account, Stamkos is ...

image.jpeg.16d21506010d11d863065acd55d4884d.jpeg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFired.

The New York Islanders are now VACANT in addition to the Edmonton OIlers. I plan to fill these two teams before the end of the season, and one perhaps before the end of February. Cheers.

In the feedback thread, 13 posts down, you'll see he asked to have his account deleted... for some reason.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/372714-feedback-and-bugs/page/83/

• Vintage 1

Image result for Edmonton Draft Table NHL

The league has learned that Mr Katz and the Edmonton Oilers have hired ...

image.jpeg.c7b44819911952ea50a9f2bbfac1618f.jpeg

MIKE VANDERHOEK as the new General Manager and chief decision maker for the Storied Franchise. 

The New York Islanders remain in search of a new GM. Applications for the Isles are being accepted. Looking to fill that Vacancy pronto!

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

15 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Image result for Edmonton Draft Table NHL

The league has learned that Mr Katz and the Edmonton Oilers have hired ...

image.jpeg.c7b44819911952ea50a9f2bbfac1618f.jpeg

MIKE VANDERHOEK as the new General Manager and chief decision maker for the Storied Franchise. 

The New York Islanders remain in search of a new GM. Applications for the Isles are being accepted. Looking to fill that Vacancy pronto!

Thanks @Primal Optimist for the warm welcome. 

There is much work to be done, we will take some time to evaluate where the club is at and as the season winds down decisions will be made to build the Oilers into what we believe can be a contender.

Although the trade deadline has passed we welcome all inquiries and are happy to work on the framework of deals should this option arise.

Thank you.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1