The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EKL Fantasy Keeper League 2019-20 season

Primal Optimist

8 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Conditional on me having a successful waiver claim on Johan Larsson @D-Money then:

Anaheim Ducks assign Keiffer Bellows to the AHL (no waivers required)

@Primal Optimist

Plus this would give me the Larsson hat-trick (Johan, Adam, Jacob) giving me triple points for anything they collect ::D.  Too bad none of them get a lot of points.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Plus this would give me the Larsson hat-trick (Johan, Adam, Jacob) giving me triple points for anything they collect ::D.  Too bad none of them get a lot of points.

zoodles are animal noodles! something something something...collect the whole bunch! I just had a JohanLarsson for lunch! (*my mucked up mind sang this to me for 4 minutes now since i read the post....and to get the jingle out of my brain, I am posting it here. You are welcome. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

League Announcement!

The New York Islanders owners Jon Ledecky and Scott Malkin released a press release today stating that they have reached a deal to secure their new General Manager: 

@Sedinery33

The EKL is pleased to make official,  the hiring of rookie General Manager Sedinery33! He brings with him a wealth of NHL player knowledge and an eagerness to build the somewhat sparse Islanders into a contender over the next few years. 

The Detroit Red Wings remain VACANT should anyone be interested or know of a CDC member who would like to take on the club. 

Thank you and please join me in welcoming the newest Fantasy GM on the Canucks Dot Com forums! Sedinery33!!!!

Hello Fellow GM's,

Let me take a moment to introduce myself. I am Sedinery33, you can refer to me a S or GM S. Long time follower of fantasy hockey, first time participator. I like to take a moment to thank Mr. Ledecky & Mr. Malkin (Primal Optimist) for this opportunity, I look forward to taking the next step in development with these NYI! Hopefully with a shrewd off season plan, some good drafting & trades I can get them back into the post season in 2020/2021.

S  

• Cheers 1

A note that I am really looking to get those inaugural drafted UNSIGNED prospects done. I don't mind doing some other signings that come to the top of your mind right now, but focused on ELC's they are fast and easy for me to crank out but I do need you guys to send em in to me. After Sunday i will be doing an Activity Check on GM's who have not yet attempted to do so. 

:gocan:

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

A note that I am really looking to get those inaugural drafted UNSIGNED prospects done. I don't mind doing some other signings that come to the top of your mind right now, but focused on ELC's they are fast and easy for me to crank out but I do need you guys to send em in to me. After Sunday i will be doing an Activity Check on GM's who have not yet attempted to do so. 

:gocan:

Just asking (b/c I couldn't find it in the CBA, and I suspect others would like to know) - do we have the option to extend the rights of an unsigned drafted prospect if he's Euro or in NCAA? 

9 hours ago, D-Money said:

Just asking (b/c I couldn't find it in the CBA, and I suspect others would like to know) - do we have the option to extend the rights of an unsigned drafted prospect if he's Euro or in NCAA? 

If I understand the question correctly: can we EXTEND just the rights without signing a player from our ELITE PROSPECTS section? 

I have yet again re-read the CBA to scour for this answer and it very specifically says 

4.2 - Unsigned Draftees

Upon being drafted, players will immediately be stored on a team’s AHL roster regardless of their contract status. To call up a player and use them on your active roster, they must be signed to an Entry Level Contract (see below). Teams will hold the rights of any player drafted for two years.

Teams are permitted to sign players born in 1999 or later. Players born 2000 or earlier are not permitted to sign as they are still draft eligible

If a team chooses not to sign their unsigned draftees, they will either re-enter the draft or become free agents depending on their draft eligibility. If the player is eligible to be drafted again according to NHL rules, they will re-enter the draft.

Therefore, the answer is NO, if I understand the question correctly. 

For me personally, if I was to decide without guidance from the CBA I would also say no on the basis that it creates yet another level of complexity to player storage (a better word than hoarding). I very strongly am against working for more ways to keep more players longer. I am very much in favour of GM's having to make tougher decisions sooner on players, which is the best way to free up more players earlier in their careers to flow to other clubs from generally better clubs. Long term parity is best served by not finding ways to allow clubs to store more players longer. There is also the mountain of work to keep everything strait: I have no interest in making more work for the executive, and for the comish in particular. ; )

Short answer: I do not see a path to making that work cleanly without it becoming yet another way to store more than 50 hockey players on any one club so the answer is NO. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

If I understand the question correctly: can we EXTEND just the rights without signing a player from our ELITE PROSPECTS section? 

I have yet again re-read the CBA to scour for this answer and it very specifically says 

Therefore, the answer is NO, if I understand the question correctly. 

For me personally, if I was to decide without guidance from the CBA I would also say no on the basis that it creates yet another level of complexity to player storage (a better word than hoarding). I very strongly am against working for more ways to keep more players longer. I am very much in favour of GM's having to make tougher decisions sooner on players, which is the best way to free up more players earlier in their careers to flow to other clubs from generally better clubs. Long term parity is best served by not finding ways to allow clubs to store more players longer. There is also the mountain of work to keep everything strait: I have no interest in making more work for the executive, and for the comish in particular. ; )

Short answer: I do not see a path to making that work cleanly without it becoming yet another way to store more than 50 hockey players on any one club so the answer is NO. 

Sounds good - thanks for confirming! And I agree with the general principle of discouraging hoarding.

I remembered it (extending rights) coming up as an option, but now that I think about it that was probably in Puck.

• Cheers 1