The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EKL Fantasy Keeper League 2019-20 season

Primal Optimist

Signing.jpg.e0e4d69fd54d3d374c93cd6bc9ad7a12.jpg.c9a81b735460048e356233a73da0c9b4.jpg

@Mike Vanderhoek The Edmonton Oilers have signed the following players to their ELC's in the EKL!!

D K'Andre Miller -  3 years @ 1.750m ELC

D Nicolas Beaudin -  3 years @ 1.750m ELC

D Andrew Peeke -  3 years @ 1.375m ELC

RW Wade Allison -  2 years @ 1.375m ELC

D Victor Soderstrom -  3 years @ 2.000m ELC

RW Nathan Legare -  3 years @ 1.375m ELC

Logged and updated, thank you!

Signing.jpg.e0e4d69fd54d3d374c93cd6bc9ad7a12.jpg.c9a81b735460048e356233a73da0c9b4.jpg

@D-Money @Monty The Minnesota WIld have signed the following players to their ELC's

Benoit-Olivier Groulx - 3 years @ 1.375 million per.

Seth Barton - 3 years @ 0.950 million per.

Bulat Shafigullin - 3 years @ 0.950 million per.

Nathan Smith - 3 years @ 0.950 million per.

Logged and updated, thank you!

• Thanks 2

Loads of movement in the West: Starting to get very tight in the Atlantic! Calgary with back to back improvements since the trade deadline, could St Louis post season be in jeopardy? Vancouver dropped from 3rd in the Pacific to the outside of the wildcard berths...small hiccup or sea change?

Metro Division ~ ~ ~ Atlantic Division  ...

small.png 3049 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 3238.5

small.png 2492 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 2711.5

small.png 2319.5 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 2431

small.png 2400.5 

small.png 2385 

---------------------

small.png 2296.5

small.png 2206 

small.png 2096 

small.png 2029.5 

small.png 1914.5

small.png 1791 

small.png 1762.5 

small.png 1630.5

Central Division ~ ~ ~ Pacific Division

small.png 3142 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 3345

small.png 2936.5 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 2896.5

small.png 2908 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ small.png 2617.5 +2

small.png 2905

small.png 2569.5  +1

--------------------

small.png 2545  -3

small.png 2518.5  +1

small.png 2505.5  -1

small.png 2407

small.png 2335 

small.png 2283 

small.png 2252 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Thanks 1

@Sedinery33 The New York Islanders have signed the following players to their ELC's which of course kick in for next season. 

Linus Weissbach - 3 years @ 0.750 million per.

Riley Tufte - 3 years @ 1.750 million per.

Jesse Ylonen - 3 years @ 1.375 million per.

Jacob Olofsson - 3 years @ 1.375 million per.

Filip Larsson - 3 years @ 0.750 million per.

Logged and updated on your sheets, thank you!

5 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

@Rush17 The Nashville Predators have re-signed the following player:

Jean-Gabriel Pageau: 6 years @ 5.000 million per. Clauses: NTC in years 1 & 2, M-NTC in years 3 thru 6: 16 team NO TRADE list. 

Logged, and Updated on your sheets. Thank you!

Nashville is extremely excited to announce the signing of an extension for Jean-Gabriel Pageau. Jean has played with his heart on his sleeve his whole career and has been instrumental in our teams recent play.

Securing a long term deal in alignment with his NHL contract is crucial to our teams long term success. We are excited to welcome Jean long term to the Predators organization and hope he enjoys his stay here in Nashville.

The playoffs lie ahead in the coming weeks. We are excited for the energy and passion our fans will experience when the Stanley Cup playoffs kick off.  

Best of luck to all the teams in the eastern conference. We will see what happens in the west. Fingers crossed we can challenge a team or two.

Cheers

NSH

Just a heads up on trading between now and the end of the playoffs: I am not taking any trade calls at a minimum until both teams are not in the playoffs any longer, and that means at least until the day after the regular season for non playoff clubs. Thank you. It 'could' be done now likely, but for my sanity sake I can't take them and will void and delete them if received. :metal:You can always resend them later to the two different folks who sent in trades today. :towel:its been like 3 weeks since that thing we call the trade deadline. THat was the deadline for trades. :emot-parrot:

9 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Never made it to Pick Up Hockey PO?

I see him there on your sheet. My notes say "do on the 10th for points on the 11" which is the last note I make before actioning the pickup moves to reflect the day and time you make the announcement post in thread. You posted after 12 noon Pacific Standard Time so he was active in time for the following day's games. He shows on your pickup as active on the 11th, so it should all be good I think?

League Announcement!

NHL suspends season

The Elite Keeper League will stay in lockstep with the NHL on this decision. Stay tuned...likely we will 

take some days to analize this situation and find a fair and equitable way to end our year if this is it. 

I like a suggestion I read earlier to ensure we square away our season by ensuring each player has 

"played" the same number of games equally across the league. Your executive will confer over the

weekend and resolve that possible ending in the fairest way possible for every club. 

Thank you, and most importantly, stay safe and stay tuned!

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

I loved watching that 2004 1st round game 7 matchup of Nucks v Flamers tonight on sportsnet, it actually was better the second time around. What a team we had holly molly.

Listen up guys, I enjoyed the break, to be honest, but starting tomorrow I am back on the team sheets to get every club outstanding, line by line,  in time for the resumption of play.. I have less than half the league to go and even more downtime now. LoL

When I noticed that I changed the channel after the retro game to the WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW and then said out loud to my glass of wine "I guess we are wrestling fans again" that is the moment I realized I need to do this EKL thing. Hahaha...

My sincere hope is that each if us has weathered the storm and our loved ones and in-laws are safe and have food, entertainment and TP/Buttwad :lol:

Cheers guys, we are incredibly intelligent Sapiens, 97.5% of us will make it through this, we are isolating for the other 2.5% and Canada seems ahead of the curve ! My heart is with you all, around the world and her in British Columbia, but stay outa my fort! Only girls allow'd!

P.O》

• Cheers 3

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning EKL!

I am looking to gauge total interest, among our existing GM's at the Pause, for continuing the EKL when the NHL turns back on. I am worried that we simply didn't have enough support going into the shut down to really come out of the shutdown in good enough shape. 

Therefore I am going to require a full checkin please. Send me a message on CDC indicating your interest in continuing EKL once the NHL opens up. 

Thank you. I want to keep this rolling, but I don't want to invest dozens of hours of time for nothing in prepping for the reopening. Prior to the shut down we really had minimal activity from roughly 18 GM's: which is what makes me nervous. Thanks: no reply will be tallied as quit/not interested so please do take a moment if you want to express support for EKL's future. 

@Kobayashi Maru @Primal Optimist @Dion Phaneuf @Nicklas Bo Hunter @morrissex95 @Tigs @Patrick Kane @Gally @Miroki @Bombastik der Teutone @Baer. @Mike Vanderhoek @Canuck Surfer @kj29 @Monty @D-Money @Snapshot85 @Rush17 @janisahockeynut @Sedinery33 @JimLahey @Brock Botanen @ThatMike @Caboose @canuck2xtreme @lethunder @Master Mind @Art Vandelay @Jaku @Salter @Nail @JE14 @Colby Covington @inane

I am really just looking for a tally so please PM me your interest level, no need to reply in thread but feel free to post your thoughts if you wish to. 

If I get more than 1/3rd not interested, I am not very sure the league will carry on. 

4 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Good Morning EKL!

I am looking to gauge total interest, among our existing GM's at the Pause, for continuing the EKL when the NHL turns back on. I am worried that we simply didn't have enough support going into the shut down to really come out of the shutdown in good enough shape. 

Therefore I am going to require a full checkin please. Send me a message on CDC indicating your interest in continuing EKL once the NHL opens up. 

Thank you. I want to keep this rolling, but I don't want to invest dozens of hours of time for nothing in prepping for the reopening. Prior to the shut down we really had minimal activity from roughly 18 GM's: which is what makes me nervous. Thanks: no reply will be tallied as quit/not interested so please do take a moment if you want to express support for EKL's future. 

I’ll answer here.

Interest for everyone will increase once the season picks up, again. None of us can predict what that will look like individually, let alone as a league. The landscape for what everyday life will look like going forward is going to look a lot different. Our priorities, our interests, etc. 

Long story short, tough to say.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1