The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] How can we keep these 6 forward in seattle expansion?

tan

6 minutes ago, tan said:

Elias Pettersson
J.T. Miller
Brock Boeser
Bo Horvat
Jake Virtanen
Adam Gaudette

I know each team can only protect 5 forwards....

Pretty sure its 7 forwards, unless something has changed. Last I checked

"Current NHL teams can protect seven forwards, three defensemen and one goalie, or eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goalie, under the following conditions. " from NHL.com

If it was 5 then JV gets left out but seems like a moot point since we can protect 7.

16 minutes ago, tan said:

Elias Pettersson
J.T. Miller
Brock Boeser
Bo Horvat
Jake Virtanen
Adam Gaudette

I know each team can only protect 5 forwards....

Seattle take VIrtanen who is utterly useless or take Demko a young likely top goaltender in the NHL for years to come.. hmm. Tough decision. Not only that but you can protect 7 forwards 3 defensemen or 8 skaters.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 4

12 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Because he sucks? Who cares if he gets taken by Seattle. Demko is a huge lose compared to Virtanen.

but Jake doesn't suck. He's on a 0.5ppg pace and looks like a great fit with Roussel, and is really using his body to his advantage this year on the boards, finally. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

How about we just let Loui retire July 2020 after he gets his next bonus?

bingo. Even bingo bango bongo as Larscheid used to say.

Loui isnt going to be traded. He's not going to Seattle as an expansion pick. We're not paying to get rid of him, outside of maybe a final year buy out. I do think he's Utica bound very soon and then he can consider if he likes it there or not. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

bingo. Even bingo bango bongo as Larscheid used to say.

Loui isnt going to be traded. He's not going to Seattle as an expansion pick. We're not paying to get rid of him, outside of maybe a final year buy out. I do think he's Utica bound very soon and then he can consider if he likes it there or not. 

If LE doesn't get sent to Utica, then we can really assume there is a gentleman's deal in place to keep him up here, and he retires after his July 2020 bonus.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

If LE doesn't get sent to Utica, then we can really assume there is a gentleman's deal in place to keep him up here, and he retires after his July 2020 bonus.  

I'd be fine with that, if thats what they had worked out. Pay the rest of his salary as a "special consultant" same as Luongo. 

10 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya virtanen is on pace for 40 points and mostly 5 on 5  not sure how he sucks 

Ya he has more points than Bo 5 on 5, the same as brock, and only 1 less than Petey.... and only plays 12 min a night. The price tag of 1.25 mil is a bargain.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jtutino said:

Ya he has more points than Bo 5 on 5, the same as brock, and only 1 less than Petey.... and only plays 12 min a night. The price tag of 1.25 mil is a bargain.

And Jake is a lot more than points.  He's an intimidating force, skates super fast, and plays smart defensively.  Guy is turning into a valuable piece.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but Jake doesn't suck. He's on a 0.5ppg pace and looks like a great fit with Roussel, and is really using his body to his advantage this year on the boards, finally. 

He definitely does suck. There is a reason why he is constantly benched.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1