The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Carolina Hurricanes at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 12, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

No way, sign him to a 8 year 10 mil contract and front load it with huge signing bonuses each year like Eriksson's and he won't need to have clause because the contract will be untradable.

C'mon, get real, the tank talk comes in February when the team is 6 to 8 points out of a wild card spot and competing with 5 teams for the last spot.

What to you give Marky on his next contract anyway?

8 years, $10,000,001 per season

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Love Eddie Lack’s humour. I still believe out of the teams he had been on in his brief NHL career, Vancouver is the one he enjoys the most. Wish him the best wherever he is in life!

Also, LOL at Cheech! Let in 9 goals and still got the win!

Cheech to Shorty, "MY picture is on the wall in Carolina, You like the pic with the perm."

first game at Rogers arena since 2004 game 7 vs Flames....front row seat ( 9 rows up in the corner) to watch EP40 and BB6 get the winner in OT.

Marky was unbelievable...the speed of the game was really fast...Hurricanes are a real slick team, Brind Amour have them playing a great game, but Canucks stuck with them with the help of Marky...eventhough, the Canucks had their chances too.

Live game can sense many things...really noticed

1) the speed of the game, it is fast and the room for error is small,

2) Fantenberg took the body with some crunching hits...he made a difference, the big boys do need to take the body more rather than skating by or along side their man gotta finish the checks when the check is there...those hits add up during a game...namely Myers and JV, they need to use their size to intimidate more,

3) Nietterrieder, Svenchnikov, Gauthier, and Necas looked like big dudes

4) noticed the Canes always talking and huddled before the face offs talking about what they want to do (the D were always talking to the forwards)...Canucks were not talking much.

5) Canucks do not head man the puck fast enough...they need to go up the boards quick and let the play develop quickly in the neutral zone...seemed like they were always looking up the middle or cross ice where the pass was broken up more often than not.

6) Canucks need to shoot the puck when they are high slot and in....their trying to be too fancy.

Edited by Pete M
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I agree with you more than the "he has had a hard life" narrative.

Lots of us had our parents die on us at a young age but didn't let that make us perform poorly in life. You just have to go on.  I think it is a made up narrative by people that have never experienced any real tragedy. 

As with anything in life, loss effects people differently because people have had different life experiences. Some need no time to move forward. Others need years of counseling. Don’t downplay others potential experiences just because yours was easier. Show compassion and patience instead of attacking those who take longer to grieve as having “made up narratives”. 

Back on topic for Boeser, he’s almost at a point per game scoring rate. He’ll be fine. The one thing I do notice lately is he’s trying to force passes that just don’t work, maybe he’s holding his stick too tightly or has less room as opponents have taken notice of his line and aren’t giving him much space? I dunno, but either way he’s talented and will figure it out eventually.

People seem to expect 110% player commitment every shift for 82 games. That just doesn’t happen in the NHL. Even superstars go through droughts. And considering that this right now seems to be his production while struggling a bit with the puck is ample reason to not be worried about his play imo.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

5 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

As with anything in life, loss effects people differently because people have had different life experiences. Some need no time to move forward. Others need years of counseling. Don’t downplay others potential experiences just because yours was easier. Show compassion and patience instead of attacking those who take longer to grieve as having “made up narratives”. 

Back on topic for Boeser, he’s almost at a point per game scoring rate. He’ll be fine. The one thing I do notice lately is he’s trying to force passes that just don’t work, maybe he’s holding his stick too tightly or has less room as opponents have taken notice of his line and aren’t giving him much space? I dunno, but either way he’s talented and will figure it out eventually.

People seem to expect 110% player commitment every shift for 82 games. That just doesn’t happen in the NHL. Even superstars go through droughts. And considering that this right now seems to be his production while struggling a bit with the puck is ample reason to not be worried about his play imo.

Thanks pal.  :picard:

You don't know me. So don't type crap like others experiences were "easier" than mine. That is stupid.  I have been through it so I don't need others to assume Boeser or Marky have had performance issues because of their family issues.

I am a supporter of Boeser and he is doing great.  Those that don't think so can beat it imo. Your post is silly as you seem to insinuate you know more about people than anyone else...and you don't.

So maybe don't quote me again champ.

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Thanks pal.  :picard:

You don't know me. So don't type crap like others experiences were "easier" than mine. That is stupid.  I have been through it so I don't need others to assume Boeser or Marky have had performance issues because of their family issues.

I am a supporter of Boeser and he is doing great.  Those that don't think so can beat it imo. Your post is silly as you seem to insinuate you know more about people than anyone else...and you don't.

So maybe don't quote me again champ.

Thanks for helping me know who to block. Someone who thinks they know everything about how everyone else should cope with death is not worth quoting in the future. I lost my parents too bro, people take however long they need and if you think otherwise then you might want to talk to other people in your life and get to know someone else’s experiences with death. Cheers mate, you won’t hear from me again.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay
  • Upvote 1