The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Carolina Hurricanes at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 12, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

23 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Nothin’ like a good old fashioned goalie duel. Marky playing unreal this season. Hands down the team’s MVP.

People wanna roast Boeser but Bo seems even more snake bitten. 

Brock and Bo had their chances multiple times. And it's been multiple games like that for Brock. Both are due for a breakout. 

• Like 1

Very happy about this win.

There was a plenty when Marky stood tall for us this season and we still ended up coughing up the game. 

This time, the team showed some growth as a whole. We did look like the team that wanted to make the other team pay when Marky was on top of his game.

Great goaltending has always been a big part of this game. 

And we were the team that had superior goaltending and relied on it to win a hockey game. Nothing wrong with that.

This was a huge win for us. 

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Brock and Bo had their chances multiple times. And it's been multiple games like that for Brock. Both are due for a breakout. 

They are getting chances, for sure. But I just find it weird that people give Bo a pass but are on Brock's ass. Boeser isn't bad defensively. So when he isn't scoring he isn't hurting the team. Just pointed it out, out of fairness to Brock.

• Like 1

Congrat to Marky to have the first SO this season!  More SO to come.

Congrat to EP40 to have the first hundred in his career.  More hundreds to come.

Canucks players put the great efforts, to get the good achievement, really enjoy the game, especially at the moment of OT score.

This is the wonderful score: Boeser did hardworking and passed to EP40, who made a beauty b/hand shooting.

Finally, let me present again, Marky is amazing.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, xereau said:

giphy.gif

Your gif is appropriate since we were close to flushing that game down the crapper.

Does that mean their logo is based on a toilet?

Also, was it lost on most that Petterson scored his 100th point in amazing fashion?! Garret should have been all over that!

Hi Xereau!!

31 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

They are getting chances, for sure. But I just find it weird that people give Bo a pass but are on Brock's ass. Boeser isn't bad defensively. So when he isn't scoring he isn't hurting the team. Just pointed it out, out of fairness to Brock.

You're absolutely right. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

gonna say outside of Marky,

JT Miller, was unreal tonight

Virtanen had a solid game, very swifty, and Gaudette also had a very good game.

Bo and Tanner had solid hustle

Pettersson and Boeser needs to be broken up for regular play.

Agree time to put Boeser with Bo for a hit maybe, but do you simply put Leivo there? Or Jake? 

Maybe something like this? 

miller Petey Jake 

Rousell  bo Boeser 
Pearson Gaudette Leivo 

Schaller Beagle Sutter

Sutter clearly should play low mins first couple games back (still tight/sore/stiff) and I noticed Gaudette win a important draw last night own zone. Let him hold the 3C spot for now. 

• Like 1

What a game to be at!

After a bad giveaway in the first Jake was very good all game.

I love watching Miller play. He’s tenacious and all over the ice.

Myers had a good game. Started really throwing his body around in the third.

Hughes can really skate with the puck!

Despite being heavily outshot I thought we had a handful of grade A chances. Marky was a phenom but Mrazek also made several terrific saves.

Carolina is a very good team and the more I know about Rod Brind’amour the more I like him. But like thieves in the night we’ll snatch those two points and run.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

While i like the extra physicality/puck retrieval BB has shown this year, his passing has really been hurting the team lately.  Especially on the PP where his entry passes get blocked, and either don't connect in the offensive zone or in some cases have even gone out of the zone.

16 minutes ago, McIlhargey the Lesser said:

What a game to be at!

After a bad giveaway in the first Jake was very good all game.

I love watching Miller play. He’s tenacious and all over the ice.

Myers had a good game. Started really throwing his body around in the third.

Hughes can really skate with the puck!

Despite being heavily outshot I thought we had a handful of grade A chances. Marky was a phenom but Mrazek also made several terrific saves.

Carolina is a very good team and the more I know about Rod Brind’amour the more I like him. But like thieves in the night we’ll snatch those two points and run.

I'm hoping our guys took notes on how much pressure the Canes put on in their zone, especially on the PK.  Very effective.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Well Bo is different because Bo is an all around beast whereas Brock is not a beast but a scorer who is paid 6 mil just to shoot the puck into the net. Brock should be a consistent 25 goal scorer In this league but our expectations of him was sky high based on how he came into the league scoring so many goals. Based on that, we are now left feeling what the heck. 

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Jacob Markstrom is a top tier, top shelf, unbelievably awesome goaltender. 

I was sitting right behind him for 2 periods. Thoroughly impressed and definitely won us the game, when he doesn't let in an early softy he is usually on fire. Carolinas goalie also played quite well, really wanted Jake to score his breakaway so I could chug my beer.

I'm sure this is already posted but what the heck I haven't read the whole thread:

• Cheers 3