The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evan Rodrigue requests trade

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Not to mention when the Kings, Rangers, or Islanders suck, nobody rides or hounds the players about it.  They just get ignored while everyone watches one of the other professional sports teams.

And even when the team is good, they can go out to eat, to the mall or whatever without getting pestered incessantly by hordes of screaming fans. The idea of making millions a year playing in Edmonton on a terrible team in a city where the only thing going for it is the mall, and you can't even leave your house to enjoy that properly almost makes me feel bad for McDavid.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Yes until the team is bad. Then those great fans aren't so great to be around. Being on a bad team in a Canadian market doesn't sound very appealing. 

Generally hockey players have very glowing things to say about Vancouver and the fanbase. I think we overestimate how much of what we say online and it’s effects on these guys. Lol. 

31 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Ok solid defence of Buffalo the city. I was kidding in the OP, thought it apparent. Your contributions are appreciated Sabrefan. 

I'm not irritated but I am a bit confused now?  In my response I pointed out that the organization is a mess.  The Sabres were once a competent and proud franchise.  That's why some of the players from before this decade still live in the area.  Now sadly the organization is becoming Edmonton East.

The Sabres are going to have to overpay for players to come here, not because of the city, but because of the stink of a losing organization.

It was that way for the Bills up until they hired a competent GM and excellent coach, and it's going to be that way now for the Sabres since it's a dysfunctional organization with little hope of winning any time soon.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

And even when the team is good, they can go out to eat, to the mall or whatever without getting pestered incessantly by hordes of screaming fans. The idea of making millions a year playing in Edmonton on a terrible team in a city where the only thing going for it is the mall, and you can't even leave your house to enjoy that properly almost makes me feel bad for McDavid.

No doubt.  The only downside to NY nd LA is the cost of living, but if you're a superstar, that's not an issue.  I feel for the guys making league minimum in those markets though.  They probably have to live in New Jersey and commute to the rink.

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Generally hockey players have very glowing things to say about Vancouver and the fanbase. I think we overestimate how much of what we say online and it’s effects on these guys. Lol. 

I'm continually surprised that nobody on the Canucks is dating a Hollywood actress.  If I played in Vancouver, I'd be chasing starlet tail all over the place.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm continually surprised that nobody on the Canucks is dating a Hollywood actress.  If I played in Vancouver, I'd be chasing starlet tail all over the place.

Probably because most actors are insufferable to be around. My roommate is a working actor in Vancouver, and he's pretty chill, but most of them are histrionic narcissists and thats the reason they get into acting. The genuine thespian types are a rare breed and they're more likely off in London or something doing some kind of artsy theatre gig. The ones who come to Vancouver are likely just on some CW or Netflix show and are cast more for their looks than anything else, and when you're a wealthy athlete I feel like pretty girls are a dime-a-dozen.

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Maybe its because I'm not old (yet) but I'd honestly rather live somewhere cold like Buffalo than somewhere that gets blisteringly hot like Miami or Scottsdale. I can't stand the heat. Thats part of the reason I like BC so much, yes it doesn't get as cold as the rest of the country, but it doesn't get as hot either.

The thing that sucks about snow and long winters is that if you are older, your entertainment options are limited.  When you're young and active, there are plenty of things to do no matter the weather.  When you are older and relatively inactive to a degree, you can put up with the heat long enough to make it to the next place that you're going that has air conditioning.

32 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The thing that sucks about snow and long winters is that if you are older, your entertainment options are limited.  When you're young and active, there are plenty of things to do no matter the weather.  When you are older and relatively inactive to a degree, you can put up with the heat long enough to make it to the next place that you're going that has air conditioning.

Fair, but couldn't the same be said for 110 degree heat with 90% humidity? If you're elderly that doesn't sound easy to get through either. I can definitely see why retirees with money bounce back and forth between the north and south.

Edited by Bitter Melon
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

Probably because most actors are insufferable to be around. My roommate is a working actor in Vancouver, and he's pretty chill, but most of them are histrionic narcissists and thats the reason they get into acting. The genuine thespian types are a rare breed and they're more likely off in London or something doing some kind of artsy theatre gig. The ones who come to Vancouver are likely just on some CW or Netflix show and are cast more for their looks than anything else, and when you're a wealthy athlete I feel like pretty girls are a dime-a-dozen.

When I was young it wasn't the personality that I was most interested in.  :lol:

Although I suppose when ya think about it, most hockey players are looking to settle down and have the home life that many of them gave up in order to chase their hockey dreams.

35 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Actually it's ten! Thank you very much ha

salty cause old alf pulled a good one and like most people from Surrey missed it ha 

and since you don't have a special permit you better not leave the area ha passports arnt special enough for you guys lol

I live a block from the beach in south surrey so  i have it pretty good.  Time for you to back in your double wide and ask JIm Lahey if you guys are allowed to play the music a little later tonight....

• Haha 2

Fair, but couldn't the same be said for 110 degree heat with 90% humidity? If you're elderly that doesn't sound easy to get through either. I can definitely see why retirees with many bounce back and forth between the north and south.

That's what I plan to do if I manage to live long enough.

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I live a block from the beach in south surrey so  i have it pretty good.  Time for you to back in your double wide and ask JIm Lahey if you guys are allowed to play the music a little later tonight....

Dude i don't live in a double wide ouch personal attack lol 

see alf I guess this one isn't neutered. 

So he hasn't got a special permit to leave the area.....:bigblush:

Edited by RowdyCanuck
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

So King you live in White Rock?  That’s not Surrey.  

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Dude i don't live in a double wide ouch personal attack lol 

see alf I guess this one isn't neutered. 

So he hasn't got a special permit to leave the area.....:bigblush:

OK sorry single wide for you... my mistake....  

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

When I was young it wasn't the personality that I was most interested in.  :lol:

Fair enough, but like I said, if you're a young, multimillionaire athlete, pretty girls are a dime-a-dozen. I imagine even somewhere like Florida where 99.9% of people wouldn't recognize them it isn't an issue.

Just now, Alflives said:

So King you live in White Rock?  That’s not Surrey.  

No i don't live in WR but it is pretty sweet there......  i don't like the crappy renos they did there though with the train situation.

I prefer the old days when we used to walk across the tracks anywhere and go crabbing etc...

• Cheers 1

Fair enough, but like I said, if you're a young, multimillionaire athlete, pretty girls are a dime-a-dozen. I imagine even somewhere like Florida where 99.9% of people wouldn't recognize them it isn't an issue.

I guess it's an ego thing with me.  Bedding starlets would be a personal hobby if I were in that situation.  :lol:

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

Actually I live in the barn, it's nice and warm and friendly still better then Surrey. :bigblush: 

I doubt it. Surrey is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada... and with good reason.

It is super beautiful in Surrey and wonderful people.   I lived in Vancouver for many years and so happy i moved to Surrey.