The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (23-29) 2020

Rate this topic

25 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'd almost rather Vegas go out and win every game against Edmonton, Calgary, etc.  Sure it'll mean they run away with the division but it'll give the Canucks a chance to build a cushion.

That's what I'm hoping, I'm fine with them winning the division if they help clear a path for us 

Vegas has two games left against us, Calgary, Edmonton, and Arizona and it'd be great if they beat everyone but us 

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'd almost rather Vegas go out and win every game against Edmonton, Calgary, etc.  Sure it'll mean they run away with the division but it'll give the Canucks a chance to build a cushion.

To be honest I would also rather play oilers in the first round so wouldn’t mind seeing canucks come second and oilers third...wouldn’t hope for matching up against the jets if we take first but If could happen to be Nashville we take on then that would be juicy 

Nashville Calgary is another huge game. Would love for a Preds win to create some separation away from the Jets and for Calgary to stay back in the wildcard spot. 

My ideal playoff matchups: Either Van vs Nash if we win division OR Van vs Edm & LV vs Cgy. I think the Knights vs Calgary would be a great series with Lucic vs Reaves and Tkachuk mucking about against a team that isn't us.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Fla has really taken over the game.  Up 3-1 and haven’t allowed a shot against in 10 minutes.  What do the cheating refs do?  Yup.  Call a cheap one on Fla, so the Loser Leafs can get on the PP

Leafs eh. Came back strong. Looks like they're going to get a W here. 1:55 left Nylander with the go ahead goal.

ugh,

Winnipeg looks like it's going to beat washington and Nashville and Calgary look to be headed to a 3point game...not an awesome night on the out of town scoreboard.

edit:  nevermind, at least Nashville may not get a point 

Edited by Wilbur

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Wow Preds tie it with 0.1 sec left in game vs CGY. Right at the buzzer.

Worst case scenario of a 3 point game there, bleargh.

And man, every time I look Detroit sinks to a new low.  That team is so bad.