The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020-2021 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

10 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

More layoffs pretty much confirms there will be zero fans in attendance until at least September or October 2021. With the resurgence of covid I expect the NHL to announce anytime now a shortened 48 game season and playoffs from January to June. Then revaluate and see. Honestly, I think Oct 2021 is still optimistic. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see fans until Oct 2022

Big saving for me. Last night the wife  and I spent some of those savings on a really  nice dinner out  ... we won ::D

• Cheers 1

I just read an article in French about the Montreal Canadiens season tickets waiting list. Back in 2012, the waiting time, based on the number of people on the list and the renewal rate was ....35 years. In the article, they were reporting that someone who put his name on the list in August 2020 was already offered just 3 months later so at the end of November 2020, full season tickets.

I just checked again and there's lots of seats available. Lots of pairs, triples, quads and six in a row in pretty much all price points including UB4 defensive and offensive. Some row 2 pairs and there's even a few pairs of tickets in lower rows dead centre club and centre ice.

I bit the bullet and switched to tickets I had been wanting for a long time, I am really happy :metal:

• Cheers 1

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/the-canucks-wont-have-fans-in-seats-to-start-the-2020-21-season-and-might-not-for-the-entire-season-3174317

What I found interesting about the above article is that it says the Canucks have fired about 80% of their staff. They have reduced staff numbers from 200 down to 40. That's why all the reps have basically been laid off.

Honestly, at this point, I think even October 2021 is optimistic for a return of fan to the arena. If arenas are in Phase 4 of the plan then there is no way we will have widespread immunity in just 10 months. Likely, we won't see a normal full crowd in an arena until Fall 2022.

23 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I just checked again and there's lots of seats available. Lots of pairs, triples, quads and six in a row in pretty much all price points including UB4 defensive and offensive. Some row 2 pairs and there's even a few pairs of tickets in lower rows dead centre club and centre ice.

I bit the bullet and switched to tickets I had been wanting for a long time, I am really happy :metal:

What seats did you end up choosing?  My selection is tmr but not sure where I want to switch to yet!

3 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

Now that the schedule is out , what are the chances that near the end of the season / start of playoff we can attend a game??

Don't think Vancouver/Canada will have enough vaccines that fast.  Maybe a road playoff game in Alberta, their government seems more open to fans sooner.  I could see most American cities having fans this year.  So many are right away.  

Prob zero chance of fans in attendance this year. Maybe *big maybe* playoffs we might see some fans but it wouldn't be full capacity.

I suspect there will be a big push for normalcy come October though, with full fans in attendance and no restrictions. We will see how that goes. Personally I think 2022 is more optimistic. Should be interesting to see what happens with the summer olympics.

• 3 weeks later...

Did my relocation yesterday, went from row 4, 329, to row 9, 326, on the aisle. Pretty pleased with those, not that I'll be able to use them this year, but I digress.

Shocking amount of row 1 upper available but considering the cost, I guess it's not that shocking.

Edited by GKM56

7 hours ago, GKM56 said:

Did my relocation yesterday, went from row 4, 329, to row 9, 326, on the aisle. Pretty pleased with those, not that I'll be able to use them this year, but I digress.

Shocking amount of row 1 upper available but considering the cost, I guess it's not that shocking.

With the huge losses made by owners I'd steel yourself for prices increases

5 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

I wonder when half season starts selecting 

Hopefully soon as I'm a brand new Full Season ticket holder as of January 2020; I can't imagine there are too many more behind me.

I hope you're able to find something you like!

10 hours ago, GKM56 said:

There is always the row 1 and row 8 "rings"  

I guess everyone got this.....The business of NHL hockey, like so many things, has been turned on its head by COVID-19. Yet our season ticket membership renewal rates during the pandemic have been remarkable. 

This is what the Oilers are doing for this season.

All season tickets for 20-21 will now be transferred to 21-22.

If at anytime during the season limited tickets become available, season ticket holders get first dib on packages, based on priority.

They will also continue to pay 5% interest on any money in your account.

Hopefully the Canucks follow this.  

Edited by BCNeil