The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Pandemic [Game Over: Mafia wins]

Rate this topic

Aladeen

On 3/20/2020 at 1:07 PM, Ceres said:

So the mafia can definitely "infect" villagers and turn them into wolves (will limitations of course). I want everyone's theories as to how the mechanics of this will work. 

Go

On 3/20/2020 at 2:05 PM, Where's Wellwood said:

Based on the theme or in the OP

On 3/20/2020 at 2:10 PM, falcon45ca said:

Seems a touch presumptuous, also why do the mechanics of how it works matter? Seems like an easy way to get the town distracted from rooting out scum.

On 3/20/2020 at 3:04 PM, Master Radishes said:

Obvious answer: small mafia team, one of whom can infect others, presumably not very often.

But: it's an Aladeen game, so obvious answers go out the window.

On 3/20/2020 at 6:58 PM, luckylager said:

Why would you want us to believe that though?

Game starts with one wolf?

Seems like you want is chasing our tails at this point

On 3/20/2020 at 7:18 PM, J-23 said:

My theory, as of now there is only one Mafia. The first (however many Mafia there are) he comes in contact with will also become Mafia. 

Infiltrate the dealer find the supplier.

On 3/20/2020 at 7:31 PM, Alain Vigneault said:

A comparable game for this would be the BSG game we had 4 years ago (around this time actually) hosted by Aladeen

We had a small 2-3 group of mafia and we could select numbers that, if it hit, converted players from TP (non-Cylons) to Mafia (Cylons).

Smaller set-up in this one probably means that less numbers correspond to players that can be infected.  

Hope this helps.  And no, still not TMI.

On 3/20/2020 at 8:18 PM, Time Lord said:

this makes it sound like the mafia team starts with patient zero (and maybe some people are already infected) and they can only grow if patient zero is still alive

but then again it's not like infected people try to infect other people so it doesn't seem realistic, maybe it's more of a passive thing

On 3/20/2020 at 8:30 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

I’m not entirely convinced the infected pertain to only the mafia. I think it’s possible patient zero can be 3P and have the ability to infect TP or mafia players, similar to cult leader abilities. The wording on it doesn’t make it sound like mafia and infected are intertwined.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:23 PM, Zfetch said:

Geezers gotta stop talking about the mechanics of the game. They'll unravel themselves. What won't is the scum unless they're called out.

I didn't like WWs entrance one slight bit

On 3/21/2020 at 8:16 AM, otherwise said:

nice to see people keeping traditions alive.

I agree with this if it's scum that can convert, but if falcon is right and patient zero is 3p then it changes somethings, maybe there will be conversions and kills. If that's the case then it will be difficult to sort out possible conversions vs. maf and which one would be more important to kill to secure the win.

I think this is all the players' first contribution to the mechanics discussion up to page 15 when it kinda slowed down. Likely that there is a mafia from earlier on in the discussion. 

I'm not sure about players like otherwise who brought their first mention later (but that may have been one of otherwise's first posts of the game)

Just now, falcon45ca said:

That, to me, we would be J23

No, I meant that if the game started with a few infected wolves that were not in contact with Patient Zero. Then that would look bad on everyone suggesting a 3P. That is very hypothetical, of course.

29 minutes ago, Ceres said:

I'm still uncomfortable with falcon, and he's usually the player I can find first when he's a villager. He's posting a lot but spending more of his time criticizing arguments rather than trying to solve. At least that's my impression. That type of behaviour is common in wolves wanting to appear active and helpful.

I also didn't like that awkward read list where he gave easy town leans to players he usually stays wary of.

You're gonna have to get over the fact I've got a TP read on you. I've made my case against players who I find scummy, and it has been more than "criticizing arguments"

1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

Yeah, I explain previously why I found his PZ post as scummy, so please tell me what is the "oppurtunity" I'm seizing?

Because suddenly it looks like a J23 has a real potential to form (based on sentiments shared recently). It looks opportunistic to hop on now and not before or later. 

Just now, falcon45ca said:

That's the opposite of opportunistic.

RH1mWJo.gif

It's opportunistic if your goal was to get in early on the J23 wagon without being the first one to really catalyze it.

• Cheers 1

I like AVs idea. It's been a while since we punished slankers by voting them off. I feel like we had a higher win rate when we did that. I'm all on board tbh

Also I can rarely tell if Ceres is scum or not. Would he post so frequently when it's relatively quiet if he weren't TP? I don't think so and I think he's town but it's never safe to rule out a player as good as he.

Unvote; vote Bassi

1 minute ago, Zfetch said:

I like AVs idea. It's been a while since we punished slankers by voting them off. I feel like we had a higher win rate when we did that. I'm all on board tbh

Also I can rarely tell if Ceres is scum or not. Would he post so frequently when it's relatively quiet if he weren't TP? I don't think so and I think he's town but it's never safe to rule out a player as good as he.

Unvote; vote Bassi

Thank u for solidarity but this be an opportunistic vote, matey!  Arghhh