The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

COVID-19 Sim League (CSL) - Season 4

Nail

9 hours ago, Caboose said:

I've got tickets to a Weezer concert in July that will probably be cancelled

I saw them twice. Way, way back “in the day”. 

First was November, 2001 in Seattle. Second was April 2002 in Vancouver. Although only 5 months apart, the two were vastly different shows.

The November show had Jimmy Eat World and Tenacious D as opening acts. As a whole, it was a strong, strong concert. On a Weezer front, it was after The Green Album, so its was heavy on Blue Album and Green album. Of the 19 songs played, only two from Pinkerton.

5 months later, it was a month before Maladroit was released (April). However, for a number of months at this point, Weezer was consistently releasing working demos of songs that would eventually become those on Maladroit on their website, so people were very familiar with it at that point. The openers at the Pacific Coliseum were AM Radio and Pete Yorn. Pete Yorn was good, AM Radio was not. However, it couldn’t match up to Jimmy Eat World and Tenacious D. On a Weezer front, though, they were much better than in Seattle. They played way more songs from Pinkerton, and only 5 from The Green Album. Maladroit, for Weezer, is a heavier album that is more unpolished, like Pinkerton. So the songs from both in the concert played well off each other.

Vancouver was a better concert on a Weezer only front, but a far more forgettable one than Seattle, simply because Jimmy Eat World and Tenacious D outshone Weezer.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I saw Jimmy Eat World in Montreal a few years back. 

I have not seen Weezer and its undetermined if I ever will because of the state of our world!

I saw Tenacious D but in a movie.

I saw Green Day but at an All-Star Game.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I saw Jimmy Eat World in Montreal a few years back. 

I have not seen Weezer and its undetermined if I ever will because of the state of our world!

I saw Tenacious D but in a movie.

I saw Green Day but at an All-Star Game.

I saw Green Day at the White River Amphitheatre in Washington in 2017. For some old guys they still played great. 3+ hour set and every song you wanted to hear.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1