The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NHL Return To Play Thread (24 team play off, 15 team draft lottery)

Rate this topic

39 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Kurri was actually really good defensively.  Would be a Selke candidate every year using today's standards.

That is true King.  It was always Gretzky Kurri on the PK together.  Kurri backed up Gretzky, but when they stole the puck it was goodbye for the opposition.  Almost 100 goals combined between the two on the PK in 9 years.  Even watching them kill penalties was exciting.  

16 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I know this may have been mentioned already, but with games happening at Rogers Place all day everyday, does teams have other rinks available for practice in the bubble?

Per Oilers on instagram:   "four sheets at a rec centre & one at the community arena for practices in Edmonton".

Russo indicates that the community arena is for morning skates.  It's attached to the arena.  He says the Terwillegar practice facility is about 25 minutes away.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Did a leafs fan make this 

That's what I was thinking. Who made these guesses? I know the Canucks are young and pretty inexperienced, but this is a new experience for every player. Even Crosby.

I think they have as good a chance as any team. They have all of the ingredients and a couple of superstars in the making (Pettersson and Hughes). What I think will make a big difference for the success of teams, is the bonding, the "us against them" mentality. It sounds like to me Green is very excited and has everyone playing at a high level already. The Canucks were pretty good before, but now they have Toffoli and Ferland added to the mix. Horvat will gather them on his back, we're in for a treat with this team. Let them all doubt. The Canucks will be Canada's last team standing.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That's what I was thinking. Who made these guesses? I know the Canucks are young and pretty inexperienced, but this is a new experience for every player. Even Crosby.

I think they have as good a chance as any team. They have all of the ingredients and a couple of superstars in the making (Pettersson and Hughes). What I think will make a big difference for the success of teams, is the bonding, the "us against them" mentality. It sounds like to me Green is very excited and has everyone playing at a high level already. The Canucks were pretty good before, but now they have Toffoli and Ferland added to the mix. Horvat will gather them on his back, we're in for a treat with this team. Let them all doubt. The Canucks will be Canada's last team standing.

Plus... bo isnt playing at home. I expect lots of boals.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1