The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 21 Thread

goalie13

4 hours ago, ftmN said:

Anyone that wants to see some BAP gameplay-

Looks like you get prompted for a coach feedback maybe once a period? Cut scenes seem like a good addition but I would imagine they will become like the moral system quickly. Gameplay looks the same for the most part.

I think the AI looks a lot smarter, even on the All-star setting he was playing on. Glad this got an overhaul.

7 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

I think the AI looks a lot smarter, even on the All-star setting he was playing on. Glad this got an overhaul.

What did you see that was different? I personally thought it looked largely the same.

41 minutes ago, ftmN said:

What did you see that was different? I personally thought it looked largely the same.

They seemed a bit more defensively responsible, and didn't look like as many turnovers, AI actually making plays. 

Could have just been that the bigger ice surface fooled me though.

• Huggy Bear 1

I'm 5 hours into my 10 hour trial and have been enjoying BAP and GM Mode. EA have clearly put all of their effort into Be a Pro and it shows, I've been thoroughly enjoying my experience so far, even though there did seem to be a couple of interviews too many around the draft (I went 32nd overall as a goalie). I think I measured there being like 20-25 minutes worth of interviews in a row around that period. Hopefully the interview system doesn't get tiresome when I remake another character.

I tried GM mode for an hour and it seems that most of what they have added were nice feature, just really unsure if they will pay off in the long run, need to put in 10-20 hours to know for sure.

Anyone else picked it up yet? Thoughts?

So we finished the draft and we got the 2 Hughes brothers with our first 2 picks!

Quinn is off to a very hot start with 10pts in 7GP (6 simmed)

We will be playing home openers, home games against Bruins & Leafs, and any win or go home, or series clinching games.

I play on superstar difficulty.

It will all be on my YouTube channel, and if you want you can see me play it live on Twitch from time to time!

less than 5 hours of trial remaining so idk if we will be able to finish the season before its done. May have to wait for the release on the 30th!

Also thinking about starting up a Be A Pro series! not entirely sure yet though

20201011_210308.jpg

20201011_210315.jpg

20201011_210324.jpg

20201011_214940.jpg

Played BAP last night, gotta say I like the new style, conversation system (though even when the coach is praising my effort, he's animated like he's losing his s***), and team/management/brand meters... Only thing I miss from previous versions is the option of playing one or 2 full seasons in junior to determine your draft position, rather than just play the memorial cup tournament and are automatically(?) 1st OA.

Is the gameplay any different?

In NHL 20 one thing that drives me crazy (playing franchise mode - superstar diff) is the change player is absolutely awful & illogical. Never changes to the guy I want - have to push the button 2-3 times & then your caught running around. Super frustrating sometimes. 

Don't know if that's an issue for anyone else but.. 

Well after trading for Pettersson in episode 2, we made another huge deal. We dont have a 1st until 2025 now, but we have a very solid young core, and fighting for a playoff spot. However things are kind of looking bad atm, but I believe i can turn things around.

We also named a new captain to lead the way for the Canucks for the next 10+ years!

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Low durability to a make a wish kid. 

That’s dark. 

I've since been informed that he's not a Make-A-Wish kid, but rather the winner of an auction. I didn't even know EA did stuff like this.

7 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Is the gameplay any different?

In NHL 20 one thing that drives me crazy (playing franchise mode - superstar diff) is the change player is absolutely awful & illogical. Never changes to the guy I want - have to push the button 2-3 times & then your caught running around. Super frustrating sometimes. 

Don't know if that's an issue for anyone else but.. 

hold RT, and push the RS in the direction of the player you want to control (not always easy mid play) or just hold RT for a full second for last man back.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Qwags said:

I've since been informed that he's not a Make-A-Wish kid, but rather the winner of an auction. I didn't even know EA did stuff like this.

Yeah, last year they had some other guy. Mertin or something like that. Had to edit his stats and potential to nothing so he wouldn't have an impact in my franchise mode.