The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 25, 2020 | Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well Mac isn't a sheriff and we shouldn't expect that from him.  That's never been his game.

It's mostly his body checks that I think are really effective. He fills lanes and goes to the net strong. Sutter is not as physical.

But Mac will defend himself if he needs to, also he's shown maturity to skate away from scrums.

Edited by Hairy Kneel

9 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

You are so out of touch with police procedure. Do you think we live in the wild wild west? 

So by your definition, if a kid steals a chocolate bar and he doesn't comply with a police officer the officer can use lethal force? 

So a guy sleeping in a parking lot takes off from a police officer he has a right to shoot him in the back? 

I don't know how Mr. Floyd was "not complying" when he was hand cuffed and sitting in the back of a police car. 

There are a lot more stipulations behind using lethal force then just  "not complying" with a police officer. 

A child stealing a chocolate bar gets treated far different then a suspect wanted for murder. 

"Common sense" has to be used somewhere in these fiasco's, but I guess you have to have common sense in the first place.

Not even close to what I said. Nice try CNN.

If you put lives at risk and refuse to comply through step 1, 2, 3, then you will be shot.

You dont get to commit crimes and run away. You play too much GTA.

Edited by Moose Nuckle

17 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

What has Kamala with how Us has been steered in centuries? 

If you think she is the problem with prisons in USA, think again and look much longer back in history. 

No I'm saying your claims and your evidence don't add up.

It's tough to respond because your comment doesn't make sense but when you say look at all the druggies being locked up followed by it's the Republicans fault, my point of Kamala Harris becomes relevant.

4 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

No I'm saying your claims and your evidence don't add up.

It's tough to respond because your comment doesn't make sense but when you say look at all the druggies being locked up followed by it's the Republicans fault, my point of Kamala Harris becomes relevant.

Well, it is in republican stronghold people lose their voting rights... Not in democratic strongholds. I wonder why... 

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

If you put lives at risk and refuse to comply through step 1, 2, 3, then you will be shot.

OK, so that guy that was sleeping in his car at a restaraunt was "putting lives at risk"? 

How about Mr. Floyd? Was he "putting lives at risk "sitting in a police car handcuffed?

Actually you could actually "commit a crime and run away" as a police officer is in pursuit and its too dangerous to continue, he stops the pursuit. 

You are still not making the distinction between the kid and the chcolate bar and a suspect wanted for murder. You fail to see the difference. 

People who are racist make the same mistake, they think if one black person is a criminal then they are all criminals. It's OK, it takes some of us a little longer to figure that out. ::D

p.s. and I am not sure what GTA is. 

10 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

If you put lives at risk and refuse to comply through step 1, 2, 3, then you will be shot

Haha thanks Judge Dredd.

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

OK, so that guy that was sleeping in his car at a restaraunt was "putting lives at risk"? 

How about Mr. Floyd? Was he "putting lives at risk "sitting in a police car handcuffed?

Actually you could actually "commit a crime and run away" as a police officer is in pursuit and its too dangerous to continue, he stops the pursuit. 

You are still not making the distinction between the kid and the chcolate bar and a suspect wanted for murder. You fail to see the difference. 

People who are racist make the same mistake, they think if one black person is a criminal then they are all criminals. It's OK, it takes some of us a little longer to figure that out. ::D

p.s. and I am not sure what GTA is. 

You are creating your own narrative. I said none of those things.

If you drive on fentanyl, you're dangerous and threatening civilians.

If you attack a cop and try to take their weapons, you are dangerous and threatening civilians.

If you try to curb stomp someone while your friend comes at them with a skateboard in his hand ready to double tap, you are both dangerous and threatening civilian lives. 

If you walk away with a chocolate bar, you are not dangerous or threatening civilian lives. 

I dont know why this needs explaining.

Edited by Moose Nuckle

26 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

i was thinking the same way to til I was reminded that they were the ones that head shotted Baertschi

We'll see I guess. 

It would be terrible if they injured Petterson with an illegal non hockey play. At that point, I am ok with tanking this year and just doing everything to ensure vegas doesnt win the cup which also means knocking a few of their players out of the playoffs. It doesn't even necessarily have to be tanking this year.  If we dress Graovac and McEwan and they injure Stone and Patch, we still have a chance to win the series (but most likely not the cup)

We have a much longer window than them and by getting revenge his year, I think it builds a new team identity far different from the past where we looked like complete cowards when

1) Thornton kept facewashing Hank

2) Marchand kept punching the Daniel in the face

3) Keith flying elbow to Daniel's head

4) Raymond being stretchered off the ice

Teams should fear for their safety when taking those types of actions.  They only do it because there was no reprecussions. (and they're turds)

Anyway, I think we are getting off track on the what ifs.

First and foremost, I want our guys to skate hard and win the game tonight.  We  will  hopefully deal with the shenanigans if it occurs

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

It would be terrible if they injured Petterson with an illegal non hockey play. At that point, I am ok with tanking this year and just doing everything to ensure vegas doesnt win the cup which also means knocking a few of their players out of the playoffs. It doesn't even necessarily have to be tanking this year.  If we dress Graovac and McEwan and they injure Stone and Patch, we still have a chance to win the series (but most likely not the cup)

We have a much longer window than them and by getting revenge his year, I think it builds a new team identity far different from the past where we looked like complete cowards when

1) Thornton kept facewashing Hank

2) Marchand kept punching the Daniel in the face

3) Keith flying elbow to Daniel's head

4) Raymond being stretchered off the ice

Teams should fear for their safety when taking those types of actions.  They only do it because there was no reprecussions. (and they're turds)

Anyway, I think we are getting off track on the what ifs.

First and foremost, I want our guys to skate hard and win the game tonight.  We  will  hopefully deal with the shenanigans if it occurs

I'm glad we have Graovac and Big Mac if we need them.

6 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

If you attack a cop and try to take their weapons, you are dangerous and threatening civilians.

If you try to curb stomp someone while your friend comes at them with a skateboard in his hand ready to double tap, you are both dangerous and threatening civilian lives. 

If you walk away with a chocolate bar, you are not dangerous or threatening civilian lives. 

Ok.... curbing someone while getting trucked by a skateboard, with a friend ready for a double tap HAHA

This is gold...

Time to come back to Disney+ for you.  No more violent games and movies ok?

29 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Watch the footage 

use of lethal force by police seems discretionary and the protests exists because a lot more black people are killed by lethal force per capita than any other race. 

We can go case by case basis and see if each situation warranted a police officer to kill the individual. In Jacob's case, he wouldnt even be in the stats because while paralyzed, he's still alive. 

But what about the others? 

What about when there are no cameras rolling and it's the cops word against a black man? 

The Masai Ujiri case highlighted exactly what is wrong with the world today. 

A basketball executive was racially profiled and stopped from celebrating a championship victory with his teammates and that moment was taken from him by a deputy who did not even care to look at Masai credentials but pushed him violently twice. Other reporters who had no credentials ran onto the floor without being stopped. 

To make matters worse, the deputy then flipped the script and lied on his report. He said Masai struck him so hard that he has whiplash and now can't work. He collected over 100k in workers comp. His wife also sued Masai. 

Luckily, Masai had the power to fight this and counters sue in which the police dept now had to release body cam footage and stadium footage which clearly showed that the deputy was the aggressor. What makes matters even worse is that theyve had this footage for over a year but even the deputy's boss supported the deputys claim and told the media that his deputy was struck by Masai. How does this happen and why is there no justice? As people that are paid to protect the citizens, they not only took a violent action but also covered it up. They should be facing jail time for abusing their power and ignoring evidence to lay a false claim on an individual. 

Now imagine there were no cameras? Imagine its not an intelligent blackman of power in a suit but a local boy in the ghettos? My guess is that the poor boy would be facing jail time for hitting an officer due to the threat of minimum sentences he faces for those actiond and its his word vs the officer. 

6 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

use of lethal force by police seems discretionary and the protests exists because a lot more black people are killed by lethal force per capita than any other race. 

We can go case by case basis and see if each situation warranted a police officer to kill the individual. In Jacob's case, he wouldnt even be in the stats because while paralyzed, he's still alive. 

But what about the others? 

What about when there are no cameras rolling and it's the cops word against a black man? 

The Masai Ujiri case highlighted exactly what is wrong with the world today. 

A basketball executive was racially profiled and stopped from celebrating a championship victory with his teammates and that moment was taken from him by a deputy who did not even care to look at Masai credentials but pushed him violently twice. Other reporters who had no credentials ran onto the floor without being stopped. 

To make matters worse, the deputy then flipped the script and lied on his report. He said Masai struck him so hard that he has whiplash and now can't work. He collected over 100k in workers comp. His wife also sued Masai. 

Luckily, Masai had the power to fight this and counters sue in which the police dept now had to release body cam footage and stadium footage which clearly showed that the deputy was the aggressor. What makes matters even worse is that theyve had this footage for over a year but even the deputy's boss supported the deputys claim and told the media that his deputy was struck by Masai. How does this happen and why is there no justice? As people that are paid to protect the citizens, they not only took a violent action but also covered it up. They should be facing jail time for abusing their power and ignoring evidence to lay a false claim on an individual. 

Now imagine there were no cameras? Imagine its not an intelligent blackman of power in a suit but a local boy in the ghettos? My guess is that the poor boy would be facing jail time for hitting an officer due to the threat of minimum sentences he faces for those actiond and its his word vs the officer. 

Creating your own narrative and it has nothing to do with my statement. Enjoy your echo chamber.

1 hour ago, Moose Nuckle said:

You said none of thoses things? I was quoting you directly! You don't need to explain to me I was trying to explain to you. 

The fact still remains, racism exists and racism exists in police forces. Period.

You can minimilize it, construe it with numbers, blame it on the media if you like, the fact remains. 

People hate other people simply because of the color of their skin. Silly as it sounds , some people think like that. I , myself, think it should be treated like any other mental illness because that is not any different then thinking there are imaginary people after you and they worship Satan. It is not the proper perception on reality and most people do not think like that. ::D

Oh yeah, can we get back to talking about hockey.

Edited by EdgarM
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

You said none of thoses things? I was quoting you directly! You don't need to explain to me I was trying to explain to you. 

The fact still remains, racism exists and racism exists in police forces. Period.

You can minimilize it, construe it with numbers, blame it on the media if you like, the fact remains. 

People hate other people simply because of the color of their skin. Silly as it sounds , some people think like that. I , myself, think it should be treated like any other mental illness because that is not any different then thinking there are imaginary people after you and they worship Satan. It is not the proper perception on reality and most people do not think like that. ::D

Oh yeah, can we get back to talking about hockey.

I think hes a troll. He might be a reincarnate of kevinbiestra and the other fellow who posted the wrong stats. Lol. 

Prob best to move on