The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 25, 2020 | Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

In a sence, yes... Think of it, lots of ghettos, drugs and not enough is done to help these people to get out of their misery. So they turn to drugs. Do you find that strange?

Then the politicians decide that we build more prisons instead of helping the people. Then thay say that a criminal isn't allowed to vote. 

Funny thing is that the right wing tends to be racist... 

Funny thing is you just described the work of Kamala Harris. Literally put thousands of people in jail for doing drugs and then laughed when she was asked if she ever did them.

You are spewing what the clearly corrupt media tells you.

Hot tip, the news isn't helpful anymore.

People being accountable and putting in work is the right direction. 

Pointing fingers and mob mentality is the wrong direction.  

Police should go to schools and teach people how to interact with them. It is very important to interact properly when everyone is so high strung. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle

13 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Jake has already shown that he can produce when put with skilled offensive players. The problem is that he is not usually playing with those said players. 

I think thats because we have 6 healthy players that are able to produce in more situations than Jake. He's not a fit when we have a healthy top 6. It would be better for him to get that chance somewhere else if we're able to re-sign TT imo. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

I don't want to get into a political discussion here. But I can't let your statement and similarly, the statement that 'All lives matter' go by without comment. It shows your ignorance of the history and true meaning of Black Lives Matter. The BLM movement was formed in 2013 to highlight systemic racism within American society and particularly its police force. It grew out of several high profile cases where innocent young black men were killed at the hands of police. The fact is African Americans are disproportionately victims of police brutality and killings (2.5 times) compared to White Americans. There has been a string of high profile cases in recent years that have been caught on video, including most recently those of George Floyd and Jacob Blake (just last Sunday). The reality is African Americans live with the fear of being harassed, brutalized, or killed without any reason or justification. Now they cannot go jogging in the streets, or birdwatching in the park without fear of being harassed, or go to bed without fear of being murdered by police. They are understandably frustrated and outraged by this. When they say 'black lives matter', they are saying black lives matter TOO, like anyone else's life. They're not asking for preferential treatment. They're just bringing attention to the fact that black lives are treated as having less value than white (and other) lives in America. 

I don't disagree with you that we should care about ALL HUMAN BEINGS (i.e. ALL LIVES MATTER). But saying so within the context of race relations is to deny and dismiss the struggles that blacks in America (and in Canada) face to achieve racial equality. 

I think you misinterpreted what I meant, I totally agree with you. I meant we should all see no color in human beings and we all should be treated equal. The pigment color of our skin has a lot to do with science but some "no minds" seem to think it means something else.

4 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Im not trying to but in here, nor am I banging any drums BUT these stats dont really provide any meaningful context.  All this political turmoil surrounds what seems like the police not having grounds for exercising lethal force in multiple cases.  These statistics don't really speak to that frustration- which seems to be the point at issue?  @CanucksJay @Kevin Biestra 

People are pushing and pushing but don't realize when police DO have a right to lethal force. 

A car can be used as a weapon. If someone is not complying and gets in a vehicle to drive away, that is now a weapon. 

If there are people in said car, they are civilians in imminent danger. Police are supposed to stop this and are given incremental rights to make sure this is able to be done. 

If words don't work and non lethal tools don't work, and still no complying, they move up to lethal force. It's not pretty and it shouldn't get to that, which is why I think police should actively show people how to interact with them and what the repercussions are if they don't. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

People are pushing and pushing but don't realize when police DO have a right to lethal force. 

A car can be used as a weapon. If someone is not complying and gets in a vehicle to drive away, that is now a weapon. 

If there are people in said car, they are civilians in imminent danger. Police are supposed to stop this and are given incremental rights to make sure this is able to be done. 

If words don't work and non lethal tools don't work, and still no complying, they move up to lethal force. It's not pretty and it shouldn't get to that, which is why I think police should actively show people how to interact with them and what the repercussions are if they don't. 

I’m going to get flamed - but one significant factor is guns and the prevalence of them. 

this means policing by its nature in the USA is to treat everyone as armed unless identified otherwise, which mean any person is a potential hostile threat. This bleeds into other areas and then because police are armed gives reason to use a weapon when otherwise wouldn’t be needed 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, samurai said:

Off base about what?  These to be trusted stats show more white people fatally killed than any other group but blacks have the highest rate of fatality than any other group in the US.  Do you even understand what that means - doesn't seem like it.

You do understand that 66% of people in the US are white and only 12% are Black right? You do also understand that those stats do not state "Why" they were shot. I am pretty sure the majority were because the police had "just cause" to shoot them. Are you trying to be sarcastic? ::D

9 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

All the guy did was present statistics.  How can that be off base.

If you have a reason to question the statistics, go ahead present it.  Nobody is trying to silence you or shame you into silence.

But if all you are going to do is say "you're not allowed to present statistics" then you aren't educating anybody in anything other than how to avoid discussion and resort to other tactics, when discussion should be the first resort and everything up to the last resort.

A lot of the so called "anti-racists" are not helping matters, and those are often the white people calling black police officers racial slurs.

If the statistics are invalid or don't apply, then explain why.  Otherwise you're just silencing valid discussion to, as I've said, make sure everyone knows you think racism is bad.

He presented information.  Is it valid?  Why or why not?  Don't call the guy a racist for linking to the kind of statistics that should very much be involved in any intelligent discussion about policing and race.  You actually want to solve those problems without looking at the data?

:picard:

8 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think you misinterpreted what I meant, I totally agree with you. I meant we should all see no color in human beings and we all should be treated equal. The pigment color of our skin has a lot to do with science but some "no minds" seem to think it means something else.

Sorry I misunderstood your meaning. It's just that it sounds similar to 'all lives matter', which I had to respond to. I respect that this is a sports forum and do not want to go further than that.

5 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

I’m going to get flamed - but one significant factor is guns and the prevalence of them. 

this means policing by its nature in the USA is to treat everyone as armed unless identified otherwise, which mean any person is a potential hostile threat. This bleeds into other areas and then because police are armed gives reason to use a weapon when otherwise wouldn’t be needed 

Yup.

17 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

well Vegas is going to be head hunting EP

I usually agree with you but I dont think we should not dress our best lineup in order to have a deterrant incase someone goes after Petterson. That's like playing into their hands.  We beat them with speed and skill and showed them last game that we arent backing down. We do that again tonight.

If something ever happens to Petterson due to an illegal hit if Vegas can't handle us, I think that's when any of Jake, Roussel, Beagle, Motte, crosschecks Patch, Stone and Marchessault in the face or from behind and puts them in the hospital. 

Personally, even if Petterson doesnt get injured but takes a cheap shot, I think next shift is when we do theexact same and take the offsetting penalty.

Will guys like Smith do that again when they see Patch boarded on the next shift because of their action?

If I was Patch and took a brutal hit because my teammate is an a-hole, I'd be like wtf Smith? Just play hockey.

4 hours ago, spook007 said:

True it was said by many ( My self included since the triple B line)...

But do also think not having Tofo available, forced his hand not to. 
But I don’t recall seeing many suggestions of putting Petey in between Pearson and Toffoli. 

Miller with Bo and Boeser gives us a proper 1-2 line punch. 
And with both the bottom lines able to help out offensively and do the hard minutes, I think he may have struck gold ( all be it, its only one game). 

One very pleased customer :rolleyes:

Its funny how people only see what they want to see. Way back when Petey was getting the extra attention he should have been insulated with some bigger experienced players. How long has he been in the league now? 

Jake has been inserted into the top 6 a couple of times AND produced. He is a big body who sticks up for his team mates. BUT, Green is too busy playing "DADDY" and refuses to put him in the top 6 on a regular basis. 

SO...........Petey has to wait until now to get the proper players to play with? He has to wait until Toffoli is back in the line up?

And like I said, previous chemistry was already established with Bo and Boes and Pearson and Toffoli. Yet, he only waits until now to put them together?

I guess better late then never. :lol:

• Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

I think thats because we have 6 healthy players that are able to produce in more situations than Jake. He's not a fit when we have a healthy top 6. It would be better for him to get that chance somewhere else if we're able to re-sign TT imo. 

Does that include.............Lui Ericksson? :lol:

15 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Yup.

God forbid if we take away the Americans rights for guns lol.

THE NRA would lose their minds.

In fact, how does a 17 year old kid have access to firearms to go and kill 2 protestors?

Or better yet, back the blue protestors showing up with guns to a peaceful protest. 

Why do you need to bring guns to a peaceful rally? Sounds like the very nature of terrorism to me.

1 hour ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Funny thing is you just described the work of Kamala Harris. Literally put thousands of people in jail for doing drugs and then laughed when she was asked if she ever did them.

You are spewing what the clearly corrupt media tells you.

Hot tip, the news isn't helpful anymore.

People being accountable and putting in work is the right direction. 

Pointing fingers and mob mentality is the wrong direction.  

Police should go to schools and teach people how to interact with them. It is very important to interact properly when everyone is so high strung. 

What has Kamala with how Us has been steered in centuries? 

If you think she is the problem with prisons in USA, think again and look much longer back in history. 

13 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I usually agree with you but I dont think we should not dress our best lineup in order to have a deterrant incase someone goes after Petterson. That's like playing into their hands.  We beat them with speed and skill and showed them last game that we arent backing down. We do that again tonight.

If something ever happens to Petterson due to an illegal hit if Vegas can't handle us, I think that's when any of Jake, Roussel, Beagle, Motte, crosschecks Patch, Stone and Marchessault in the face or from behind and puts them in the hospital. 

Personally, even if Petterson doesnt get injured but takes a cheap shot, I think next shift is when we do theexact same and take the offsetting penalty.

Will guys like Smith do that again when they see Patch boarded on the next shift because of their action?

If I was Patch and took a brutal hit because my teammate is an a-hole, I'd be like wtf Smith? Just play hockey.

i was thinking the same way to til I was reminded that they were the ones that head shotted Baertschi

We'll see I guess. 

36 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

People are pushing and pushing but don't realize when police DO have a right to lethal force

You are so out of touch with police procedure. Do you think we live in the wild wild west? 

So by your definition, if a kid steals a chocolate bar and he doesn't comply with a police officer the officer can use lethal force? 

So a guy sleeping in a parking lot takes off from a police officer he has a right to shoot him in the back? 

I don't know how Mr. Floyd was "not complying" when he was hand cuffed and sitting in the back of a police car. 

There are a lot more stipulations behind using lethal force then just  "not complying" with a police officer. 

A child stealing a chocolate bar gets treated far different then a suspect wanted for murder. 

"Common sense" has to be used somewhere in these fiasco's, but I guess you have to have common sense in the first place.

• Cheers 2