The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

As much as Edvinsson is not my first choice, it could sure be worse if VAN got him at #9. I've seen a list with him ranked at #2. Sure his popularity dropped a bit over the last few months, but looking long term? Maybe Edvinsson does become an OEL type Dman, who becomes a solid defensive-partner for Hughes one day.  Edler replacement?

Wow Johnson, what a suck up  - I love Pettersson on the Power Play - lol 

Just listening to Donnie & Dhali, and Taylor made a good point about being a local prospect, how difficult it is for a rookie trying to be in the NHL, all while trying to juggle family and friends requests and obligations, etc. It's good for the rookie to go to a new city, live with team mates at first, form those bonds and grow up basically. Maybe this was Jake's problem. Please don't draft Johnson.

• Haha 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

I love how players like JV ruin it for other people in the future. Just like how LE ruined any player over 30 in fans eyes lol

Yup.  Don’t want Guenther and no more guys named Loui.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

I feel like if Vancouver gets any one of the top 4 defencemen in this draft. The majority of fans will be happy. I keep seeing the same predicted forwards in discussions but we all know the draft can shift very easily. A couple picks not on the radar. Usually happens every year. We may get our defensemen after all 

If Cossa is in the top ten, then it's very possible that we could get a dman. 

Hughes possibly, since I can't see Clarke or Powers dropping to 9th. 

If Hughes and Edvinsson are available at 9. Who do you go with? 

4 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I wonder if this public statement he wants to stay in the SHL for another year will cause teams to pass over Eklund?  Maybe he fails to us and we steal him like we did with Petey, Hughes, and Pods?  

Just now, N4ZZY said:

That’s tough. I feel Luke is slightly overrated because of his name. He’s also not a carbon copy of Quinn either and should be able to help us in other ways. I would think it’s probably a roll of the dice on who becomes the better one. I just don’t know how you pass on either at 9 but someone needs to be picked. I would probably take Hughes

Just now, Alflives said:

I wonder if this public statement he wants to stay in the SHL for another year will cause teams to pass over Eklund?  Maybe he fails to us and we steal him like we did with Petey, Hughes, and Pods?  

Doubt it. 

Well, who knows. But Swedes are generally not concerns like Russians historically have been, which is the reason why Podkolzin dropped to us last year. It was the Russian factor in that he was 2 years away, but also issues with Russians in that they can be difficult to deal with. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

That’s tough. I feel Luke is slightly overrated because of his name. He’s also not a carbon copy of Quinn either and should be able to help us in other ways. I would think it’s probably a roll of the dice on who becomes the better one. I just don’t know how you pass on either at 9 but someone needs to be picked. I would probably take Hughes

If Hughes is there as well Geunther. 

I mean the Canucks need defense and another top six forward in their system. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Anything is possible Alf. We’ve seen it before. No way the top 9 fall they way the census has them fall 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Hughes.  He’s almost a year younger than his draft class.  How much more will he grow and develop compared to his peers?  

IMO Hughes has the highest ceiling.  

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

If Hughes is there as well Geunther. 

I mean the Canucks need defense and another top six forward in their system. 

That’s true and a tough call. Chances of both of them there is slim. Whoever falls, we draft. Whether that’s Hughes, Edvinsson, Guenther. But if I have to make that call personally I’d still go with Hughes I think 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

That’s true and a tough call. Chances of both of them there is slim. Whoever falls, we draft. Whether that’s Hughes, Edvinsson, Guenther. But if I have to make that call personally I’d still go with Hughes I think 

No way we take Geunther.  I smell Big bustaroo potential with this kid.  

• Cheers 1