The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Pastrnak and Karlsson no longer being on that list is frightening, combined with the fact that Detroit mentioned they've made a franchise biggest trade.

Do not forget Stamkos and Johnson are not on the list either...does that make you feel any better?

• Haha 1

Bear with me, I missed a lot and have an opinion for every occassion! lol. 

15 hours ago, greensman said:

As you say, you chose the moves to make, none of that was on anyone else. Using a full roster as a ultimately low bar, you had to make changes to keep your team... 

You picked the moves to make, the players you chose, and it was upto you to manage those into coming years, rolling assets as necessary. That’s the game right there. 

We reminded you that to play the game, you have to actually play the game. I’m sorry you feel so negatively about the choices you made after that.

Thought one: While this is totally true, personalities and psychological state dictate which GM's will take the first casual hint as something they need to correct right away, while some personalities will push it right up to the day of being fired to make a change they don't want to make. That makes for a huge difference in reaction levels to any exec suggestion or imposition. I may take a gentle nudge as something to fix by noon while another GM may take same nudge as something to look at by the trade deadline or the offseason. The audience hears what the audience hears, and quiet nudges are important for the way this league is set up, but the results of them differ GM to GM. Just an observation. Half the league is eager to please and half the league doesn't care what anyone thinks if they have an advantage they want to use to the bitter end. 

15 hours ago, Tony Romo said:

Exactly! It’s on the GM and only on the GM to manage his/her team. 

Tied to my thought above. I agree with this concept wholeheartedly, but with several camps of types of GM: pleasers, chaotic neutral, and I do what I want till 100% forced. lol. 

15 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Let me give you another example, would you think it's fair if I had Crosby, McDavid, Mackinnon and Matthews as my 4 centers? It's an exaggerated example, but do you not see the logic?

Crosby McDavid, Mackinnon and Matthews cost 8.7m, 12.5m, 6.3m and 11,640m. A total of  39.14 million. leaving 42.36m to ice another 19 players, OR 2.2m a player! I don't think your going to win with 19 guys who deserve 2.2 million on your roster and 4 studs making half the cap between them. I know it was an extreme example on purpose, but it proves the cap does the most work on roster balance because no one can win with those 4 and 19 fillers.  Also the things the league exec does to mitigate those stars being condensed on a club is a good thing. IN comparison to goalies specifically; If you have Price and Varlamov on one team, you are short changing your D or your F pool of cap money, which helps to limit stacking. 

ANyways, I think it is fine tuned very well as is, just wanted to respond to some ideas as i read them this morning. 

In my situation I have Samsonov now and Varlamov: but I know as a GM in CDCGML that I will lose one either in the expansion or at resigning if i don't make a trade between now and the Deadline: no league intervention required. If i somehow "think" i can not lose one to expansion, then when i do, that will be my mistake as a GM. lol. 

Okay game on: my computer is built again and i am back to annoy you all!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The Florida Panthers organization has shifted its strategy to a rebuild and we have spoken to all our players and they are aware of the circumstance. Our goal is to take care of our existing players so they may have an opportunity to win a championship.

The following players are available:

Brian Dumoulin 

Nick Jensen

Leo Komarov

Cal Clutterbuck

Martin Jones

Thank you for your consideration,

Ty Webb

General Manager

Florida Panthers

Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na

Edited just now by Ty Webb

Edited by Ty Webb
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Ty Webb said:

The Florida Panthers organization has shifted its strategy to a rebuild and we have spoken to all our players and they are aware of the circumstance. Our goal is to take care of our existing players so they may have an opportunity to win a championship.

The following players are available:

Brian Dumoulin 

Nick Jensen

Leo Komarov

Cal Clutterbuck

Martin Jones

Thank you for your consideration,

Ty Webb

General Manager

Florida Panthers

Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na

Edited just now by Ty Webb

Quite the Spring cleaning job!

image.png.4abbc75fb7d638a28b6128e770cb1187.png Trade Report

New Jersey still finding themselves on the outside of the Playoff picture having done 1/4 point team evaluations, are said to be close to securing a trade agreement.

Recent days have seen injuries pile up and the team's depth be tested. With a solid club that has potential to produce at the Playoff level there is motivation to look into upgrading during the season.

After a more patient approach to start the season and a reluctance to move the teams good young players the team now appears on the path to add to the roster and push for the playoffs.

image.png

Edited by Mike Vanderhoek

4 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Geez, piling the work on to the shoulders of the Commish like that, tsk tsk tsk

:P

Never stopped any of you guys! :lol:

In any event, those moves are all ineligible.  I had mis-read the chart, and incorrectly thought that Demko was still waivers exempt because he hadn't turned 26 yet, but I'd missed the 'or younger' part.  Must have looked too quickly :lol:

Anyways, posting it here for all to know, mistakes happen, but the moves involving Demko to minors are ineligible and will not be processed when I do the updates later tonight.