Lefreniere Byfield Tanev

Sheahan Beagle Frederic

Chara Fox

TVR De Haan

Hunt Rafferty

Weber

Copley

Ingram

Bolded players are currently on the TB. Looking for prospects (prefferably D prospects) on cusp of making big club and/or draft picks.

Edited by Crabby

On 2/20/2021 at 12:52 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

All signings that happen while the season is on or waivers in place get designated to minors.

No waivers to call up but if not exempt when on big club then will need pass through Waivers

Not all signings.  In fact many go to the active roster.  But if there's no room on the active roster, minors it is.

On 2/20/2021 at 1:14 PM, theo5789 said:

So as long as you ask to initially have the player in the minors, they do not have to clear waivers first. Interesting.

No, you don't just ask for them to be placed there.  They go on the active roster unless there's no room.  That is something I look at PRIOR to agreeing to the contract. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Not all signings.  In fact many go to the active roster.  But if there's no room on the active roster, minors it is.

No, you don't just ask for them to be placed there.  They go on the active roster unless there's no room.  That is something I look at PRIOR to agreeing to the contract. 

For those who may game the system, should we think about doing a re-entry for those players? To make it fair? 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

For those who may game the system, should we think about doing a re-entry for those players? To make it fair? 

Considered that, but I feel like it would just stifle things.  I'm open to considering it again though.

It's not often a player who would meet the criteria and is immediately sent to minors gets signed anyways.  Players who should be on the active roster will more often than not wait for an oppourtunity with teams who will have them on the roster.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

To be fair to Nesterov was a healthy scratch for Calgary when he agreed too. The flames had played Connor Mackey three games in a row in his place. I'll have to make room for him eventually though we can't keep NHL regulars purposely in the minors. 

He will get a callup soon enough I'm sure. May even end up on waivers before the years out. Time shall tell. 

To: Execs. 

Teams with two starters have an unfair advantage over teams that have a starter and a true backup goalie, in this shortened season. If a 1a and 1b starts being two starters points-wise then that has to be looked at. 

What’s stopping the rest of teams from having 2 goalies that act like starters? 

We gotta nip this in the bud soon before it’s the deciding factor for team’s in making the playoffs or not. 

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

To: Execs. 

Teams with two starters have an unfair advantage over teams that have a starter and a true backup goalie, in this shortened season. If a 1a and 1b starts being two starters points-wise then that has to be looked at. 

What’s stopping the rest of teams from having 2 goalies that act like starters? 

We gotta nip this in the bud soon before it’s the deciding factor for team’s in making the playoffs or not. 

I disagree. I don’t think we need a rule for that. 

A star goalie free agent won’t sign with a team that already has another star goalie, a star goalies NTC won’t get moved to go to a team that has a great goalie, and if a team somehow manages to get Vaselevsky and Hellebuyick, both won’t re sign, or the players moral will be down and affect free agents signing with them. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Tony Romo said:

I disagree. I don’t think we need a rule for that. 

A star goalie free agent won’t sign with a team that already has another star goalie, a star goalies NTC won’t get moved to go to a team that has a great goalie, and if a team somehow manages to get Vaselevsky and Hellebuyick, both won’t re sign, or the players moral will be down and affect free agents signing with them. 

Do you think it's fair for one team to have two starters and another team to have one starter and a backup? 

8 minutes ago, Tony Romo said:

It shouldn’t be fair? The goal is for you to build a better team than me, not for everyone to have the same talent level on their teams.  And if a team gets two good goalies then that’s credit to them, good tandems happen all the time in real life, at least in the short run until one of them hits free agency. And if there’s an extreme situation like Hellebuyck and Vasilevski on the same team, I think one of those players would request a trade and it wouldn’t last long. 

Thats going to be me with my Askarov/Ingram tandem someday soon :emot-parrot:

30 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Do you think it's fair for one team to have two starters and another team to have one starter and a backup? 

Most definitely not.

30 minutes ago, Tony Romo said:

Kind of like Sidney Crosby shouldn’t be on a teams 4th line, I don’t think their needs to be an explicit rule for that, I think market mechanisms and the current rules in place will prevent that from happening 

Here's the thing tho, there IS a rule in place for that....

2.2 – What Not To Do

Also, remember that a good GM keeps his players competitive, but content. Players that aren't happy with their role on your team (like a 50 goal scorer on the third line, a 18-20 minute defenceman on the bottom pairing, or having two starting goaltenders competing for playing time) may end up asking for a trade. If they aren't dealt within an acceptable period of time (dependent on the player and situation) they may refuse to play until they are moved. Make sure you keep your players happy.

BUT!

Guess what happens literally. Every. Single. Time. I message a team and bring up exactly this issue?

Go ahead. Guess.

Players are going to start demanding trades. Players are going to start holding out.  And damn straight it ALREADY effects your ability to sign/re-sign players or have clauses waived.

EDIT:  Also an issue?  Teams who don't seem to have any interest at all in icing a legitimate team.

Edited by canuck2xtreme
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1