The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

13 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

That I agree with as it should be common sense. I'm talking about the people walking in the front door/(showing up for work). To be honest though I don't anything about the workers per se.

If not to make sure you have a new clean mask what is purpose of replacing 

Disposable Surgical Face Mask · Disposable Surgical Masks for Sale. Ship  from USAwith  image.jpeg.e8fbead9a00b6f1f5da488e7098cf7e2.jpeg

when you walk in the front door, unless they are providing a new clean mask?

It is more that people with cloth masks replace with a standardized mask and it has been clearly shown that these masks are better than the general cloth masks.  
That being said I did have to replace my better quality mask with one they had for my second shot but again how is the non medical person checking people in supposed to know that my mask is better quality and better fitted than the ones they are giving out especially when honesty has been a serious issue throughout this pandemic. 

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

It is more that people with cloth masks replace with a standardized mask and it has been clearly shown that these masks are better than the general cloth masks.  
That being said I did have to replace my better quality mask with one they had for my second shot but again how is the non medical person checking people in supposed to know that my mask is better quality and better fitted than the ones they are giving out especially when honesty has been a serious issue throughout this pandemic. 

my wife was wearing an N99 from Vitacore yesterday for our boosters, all they asked was she put the surgical mask on top. I saw them do this for others wearing N95s. They also had a rapid testing station for staff. 

This idea that workers and people are being turned away is just twitter bs. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

48 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

This is terrible. Triple vaccinated seniors rotting away in their rooms because chicken $&!# officials are afraid of another single covid death.  The last minute of this is really too much.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/like-being-in-solitary-confinement-residents-families-angry-at-return-of-strict-lockdowns-in-long-term-care-1.5730999

We should let them out.  They're not as at risk as they were and I disagree with forced isolation.  Only the most at risk should be asked to self isolate or be mandated to.  Or am I wrong in this summation?

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

lol

You're not a victim.

You're a liar and an attention seeker that throws out bs statements and hides from the truth when people call you out on it.  THAT is what we dislike.

We LOVE opposing views.  I find @gizmo2337 to be educated articulated and credible in his statements. 

But you....yikes

Then ignore me or move on. I am not here to satisfy you. 

A victim? An attention seeker?

I mean, this seems like exactly the right place for both of those. When do the cheques come?

You don't love opposing views, you named 1 person in 2,000 pages. 

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 3

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

We should let them out.  They're not as at risk as they were and I disagree with forced isolation.  Only the most at risk should be asked to self isolate or be mandated to.  Or am I wrong in this summation?

Terrible story that.  Hate to see that.  I suspect that it may have to do as much with staffing shortages making it difficult for them to safely mobilize but don't forget this is the group that has been hit hardest by the pandemic and the group most likely to get poor immune response to vaccines because of age, medications and general compromise.

I am not defending the lockdowns and think there needs to be some enrichment here for the seniors but it may have more to do with an inability to safely let them out of their rooms.  Also, in Ontario certainly, I can attest that you don't end up in a nursing home without a reason.  There would be a lot of dementia and significant other comorbidities amongst this population so it isn't as easy as open the door and let them walk around.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

AWe should let them out.  They're not as at risk as they were.  Only the most at risk should be asked to self isolate.  Or am I wrong in this summation?

I think so. That's why they all have triple vaccinations. I don't think any are "most at risk" in this case?

• Wat 2

2 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

Then ignore me or move on. I am not here to satisfy you. 

A victim? An attention seeker?

I mean, this seems like exactly the right place for both of those. When do the cheques come?

You don't love opposing views, you named 1 person in 2,000 pages. 

There's any number of people with great and opposing views to mandates, lockdowns, worries about efficacy of vaccines. @gizmo2337 is one of the best and more recent so it's easy to single them out.  especially when the last few dozen pages are full of...well.

You

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gatzkek said:

I think so. That's why they all have triple vaccinations. I don't think any are "most at risk" in this case?

Sounds good to me.  I don't support that either because that's an awful way to spend the last few months/years of your life.  So I suggest or pose only those most at risk of potential death/hospitalization in the ICU be mandated to either lockdown or self isolate until the numbers come down.

No issues there or?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

There's any number of people with great and opposing views to mandates, lockdowns, worries about efficacy of vaccines. @gizmo2337 is one of the best and more recent so it's easy to single them out.  especially when the last few dozen pages are full of...well.

You

Still only one opposing view you 'like' while disliking the others like me. Sounds like an echo chamber.

• Wat 2

17 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Terrible story that.  Hate to see that.  I suspect that it may have to do as much with staffing shortages making it difficult for them to safely mobilize but don't forget this is the group that has been hit hardest by the pandemic and the group most likely to get poor immune response to vaccines because of age, medications and general compromise.

I am not defending the lockdowns and think there needs to be some enrichment here for the seniors but it may have more to do with an inability to safely let them out of their rooms.  Also, in Ontario certainly, I can attest that you don't end up in a nursing home without a reason.  There would be a lot of dementia and significant other comorbidities amongst this population so it isn't as easy as open the door and let them walk around.

As someone who spent many years as a kid and teenager volunteering in nursing homes, then provided volunteer care for them for a couple years as a young professional, I can attest it's the same here. Many of the residents wouldn't be able to leave safely without rigorous supervision. There is simply not enough resources to have that sort of supervision right now.

In an ideal world their family's would be coming to pick them up to take them for walks or a lunch. But, unfortunately I can also confidently say in my years of experience that the majority of families are not doing that.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

Still only one opposing view you 'like' while disliking the others like me. Sounds like an echo chamber.

Cry more.  Grow up.  Start discussing things like an adult and stop running away from the ridiculous lies you keep spewing.

Seems easy enough right?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

You do know the data (science) indicates it's the unvaccinated antivaxxers who are most at risk for serious disease, right?  Maybe we should lock these people up, so they stop filling our hospitals?  

18 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

How much time have you spent in a nursing home? Your speaking like you know what's going on about this when I suspect you saw a post that your now echoing as a arguing point.

People who live in those facilities are very at risk. If not from covid, it's a fall down a step. It's extremely easy for them to have injuries that would have them hospitalized, which again is the number one reason why we are implementing restrictions. Our healthcare system does not have the resources right now to handle unnecessary injuries. Is it sad, yes, entirely. But I can also tell you by years of experience that much of the existence in these homes isn't the best pre-covid.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

As someone who spent many years as a kid and teenager volunteering in nursing homes, then provided volunteer care for them for a couple years as a young professional, I can attest it's the same here. Many of the residents wouldn't be able to leave safely without rigorous supervision. There is simply not enough recourses to have that sort of supervision right now.

In an ideal world their family's would be coming to pick them up to take them for walks or a lunch. But, unfortunately I can also confidently say in my years of experience that the majority of families are not doing that.

So we are killing them with kindness. It's for their own safety. Something might happen. Maybe if they signed a waiver the caretakers would have the courage to release them.

• Wat 2