The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

People don't listen to his podcast to hear Rogan, they listen to it because his show gives people a chance to speak freely.

Now what EXACTLY do you mean speak freely?  Like Alex Jones?  IN every good/great interview people ahve a chance to speak freely.

Suggesting somehow that ratings equate standards, respectability, expertise or credibility is ridiculous.  That list has Carlson, Hannity, Fox and Friends etc in the top 5.

All that list means is people are easily entertained and will watch literal crap based off of emotional responses and bias.  Nothing more.

rogan HAS had some interesting people, and HAS had some quality shows in the past.  But since Covid, year 2.5 of Trump he's gone full re***d in his views and went from being an open source of  commentary and conversation to this weirdly biased person who "saw something on you tube, and read a story so it makes me more of an expert than you" type of person.

Someone said Bro Science and nothing could be more on point. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Joe Rogan gets interesting guests. 

Haven't listened to any of his guests since Elon Musk. 

All the hate that Joe Rogan is getting is from people that got hurt when he made fun of CNN for lying and twisting words. 

CNN was pretty clearly in the wrong there. The way they edited his interview afterwards was laughable. 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Now what EXACTLY do you mean speak freely?  Like Alex Jones?  IN every good/great interview people ahve a chance to speak freely.

The three hour format breaks down the interviewees' inhibitions, so they end up cutting the crap and speaking truth instead of scripted yawns.

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Suggesting somehow that ratings equate standards, respectability, expertise or credibility is ridiculous.  That list has Carlson, Hannity, Fox and Friends etc in the top 5.

All that list means is people are easily entertained and will watch literal crap based off of emotional responses and bias.  Nothing more.

rogan HAS had some interesting people, and HAS had some quality shows in the past.  But since Covid, year 2.5 of Trump he's gone full re***d in his views and went from being an open source of  commentary and conversation to this weirdly biased person who "saw something on you tube, and read a story so it makes me more of an expert than you" type of person.

Someone said Bro Science and nothing could be more on point. 

Malone has nothing to do with bro science, nor does Mcullough. I wouldn't go to CNN for information any more than I would eat out of a toilet bowl. Most people (by far) feel that way.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Gatzkek said:

The three hour format breaks down the interviewees' inhibitions, so they end up cutting the crap and speaking truth instead of scripted yawns.

Malone has nothing to do with bro science, nor does Mcullough. I wouldn't go to CNN for information any more than I would eat out of a toilet bowl. Most people (by far) feel that way.

Most people?  Do you generally speak for large portions of the population or is this a new affectation?

Rogan is an absolute clown.  Look at his interview with Kilstein.  Or one of my faves, mark Gordon where he said "i know more than you" about a subject he couldn't even spell

Your weird issue with CNN is telling though.  Maybe stick to Hannity, Calrson etc and stop speaking for the majority of people as a whole based on "ratings" 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3
  • RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

Any time someone feels the need to post that "most people" feel the way they do is generally wrong in that assumptioon. You're no exception to this princess.

Edited by The Lock

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Joe Rogan gets interesting guests. 

Haven't listened to any of his guests since Elon Musk. 

All the hate that Joe Rogan is getting is from people that got hurt when he made fun of CNN for lying and twisting words. 

CNN was pretty clearly in the wrong there. The way they edited his interview afterwards was laughable. 

Your post is disliked by DLC but I agree. I used to only watch CNN. I switched to MSNBC, but they were worse. Now I watch Saagar and Ball and a few other outlets. 

CNN is just weird entertainment. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

It's already been posted, you just chose to dismiss it.

You think that covers all medical professionals? One is the most referenced covid doctor on the planet and the other is one of the founders of the MRNA vaccines. 

Great Barrington and Rome Declarations and other signed onto by 10s of thousands of medical professionals disagree with the few in your sources.

4 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

You think the chart I posted is inaccurate?

Yes. I do actually. It has no context and only compares select media outlets. It doesn't show where it got the data nor how it got the data.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

Your post is disliked by DLC but I agree. I used to only watch CNN. I switched to MSNBC, but they were worse. Now I watch Saagar and Ball and a few other outlets. 

CNN is just weird entertainment. 

I disliked it because:  "haven't listened to in.....3 years(?)" but knows why people "hate" him (again, that strong language for emphasis) in the here and now.

There's a weird hatred towards Rogan in this thread.

Perhaps in part due to how some sites like CNN portray him. Or maybe because he asks questions about certain topics like covid's origin (which is often taboo for some reason).

Like him or not, I think his style of interviews will eventually become the full norm. For example, listening to his Bernie Sanders episode, Bernie is able more fully flesh out his thoughts. That gives me a more accurate view on his opinions vs the shouting match that I'd otherwise see in a debate.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 2